Worst Movies of 2019

The worst I saw was the will ferrell, John c reilly version of sherlock & holmes

On 12/20/2019 at 2:38 AM, natsume said:

I suspect JJ Abrams Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker will make this list soon. 

Its been so quiet on that.... I didnt even know it was out thats how quiet its been

I watched Cats yesterday.. there were four other people in the movie theater (granted it was Christmas day so I was actually surprised there were that many) and two of them walked out about halfway through the movie XD

I think the worst part though wad that as bad and insane as it was it wasn'y quite as awful as I wanted it to be, so it didn't completely cross into the "so bad it's good" category. Watching reviews about it where people just explain the whole movie and break down while remembering was more entertaining than actually watching the movie XD

The worst movie I saw in cinemas this year was probably Alita: Battle Angel. To be fair that is due more to the fact they set-up everything for a sequel/franchise that is unlikely to happen - the actual movie was okay. Maybe that’s just my Christoph Waltz bias showing.

I thought Joker was beautifully shot and a fine movie, but I can’t comprehend the second-coming-of-Jesus reception it had.

Glass got pretty hammered reviews-wise but it was probably my favourite thing out this year.

Star Wars 9 was... okay. It felt a bit too much ‘oh and this, and this, oh and that!’ instead of explaining things that have already happened (e.g. big bad Snoke ending up being less important that Darth Maul).

On 12/22/2019 at 10:16 PM, festiff said:

The worst I saw was the will ferrell, John c reilly version of sherlock & holmes

That felt like such an insult and I dont know why but it was crap and made me uncomfortable.

imma just list a few (since i didn't watch too many of the bad movies this year):

• Captain Marvel
  • Spider-Man: Far From Home
  • all of the Disney live-action remakes (yes, all of them)
  • Cats

and i'm going to say it... Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker. 

1 minute ago, kenny. said:

and i'm going to say it... Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker. 

I was starting to wonder... its been so silent about that.....I dont even know if I want to spoil it for myself it could be that bad.

8 minutes ago, Chuck_Shurley said:

I was starting to wonder... its been so silent about that.....I dont even know if I want to spoil it for myself it could be that bad.

yeah i'm surprised it hasn't been brought up all that much. i won't explain why it made my list since spoilers but it was aggravating, and yet ever so slightly better than the dumpster-fire that was The Last Jedi. weirdly fantastic for a second here and there, but it didn't make up for the ending. 

1 minute ago, kenny. said:

yeah i'm surprised it hasn't been brought up all that much. i won't explain why it made my list since spoilers but it was aggravating, and yet ever so slightly better than the dumpster-fire that was The Last Jedi.

I was expecting it to blow up and people be commenting on the finale but nothing.... I saw on article where its apparently doing well in the box office but nobody has said anything about it. Good or bad.

3 minutes ago, Chuck_Shurley said:

I was expecting it to blow up and people be commenting on the finale but nothing.... I saw on article where its apparently doing well in the box office but nobody has said anything about it. Good or bad.

same here. i think it's because most people walk away from the movie so conflicted, it's tricky to process in more ways than one.

3 minutes ago, Moon Spirit ☽ said:

Really? Cats looks so hilariously bad, though..

it's bad. like really bad. i was hoping for a "it's so bad it's good" sort of outcome, but alas, it disappoints. 

Asterion Orestes

From Sithmaster Winter Dragon's signature:

We stand before a time of great discovery. Infinite exploration, and an unimaginable future.Yet there are those who want to stay in their house holding onto their superstitions.They are afraid of the truth,they only want data that agrees with their world view,and the worst part is they teach their children to do the same. It's time for us to stand, Skeptics and scientists are the future. The religious can choose to join us if they want.

"All knowledge begins as heresy and ends as superstition."--Thomas Huxley

The Irishman. I wanted to like it, really I did because it ticks all my boxes. Like the director, like the cast, its a mob movie, set in the past its based on a real person and talks about Kennedy conspiracy theories. All signs were pointing to this being my top 2019 movie but I just found it so bland and dull I couldn't actually get through it. Ended up giving up after the first hour and watching Goodfellas instead. 

19 hours ago, ben8884 said:

The Irishman. I wanted to like it, really I did because it ticks all my boxes. Like the director, like the cast, its a mob movie, set in the past its based on a real person and talks about Kennedy conspiracy theories. All signs were pointing to this being my top 2019 movie but I just found it so bland and dull I couldn't actually get through it. Ended up giving up after the first hour and watching Goodfellas instead. 

I thought about putting myself through it but it looks boring. 

From the movies that I personally have seen, I would say "Fast and Furious: Hobbs and Shaw" I didn't even manage to stay until the end to see the "epilogue" part or whatever. That ending was so anti-climatic and a let-down, it was kind of disappointing.

Speaking overall? There is so much to choose from - Cats, Captain Marvel, any of the new Star Wars movies, ect.

I can see why people dislike Spiderman - Far from Home, especially after the Endgame movie.

• 4 weeks later...

Knives out looked sooo good but the movie was sooo lame. Pretty sure the trailer was more fun to watch.

I had high expectation for Crawl but it was boring.

Why does a trailer look good and then the movie just a snooze whyyyyyyyyy

Archived