Worst Movies of 2019

10 hours ago, Pan Ficto. (on hiatus?) said:

Now I want you to watch it and tell me whether or not you were disturbed :P

Watched it, honest to god it was like any other movie Ive seen with similar themes and story lines. Nothing special or disturbed. Now I cant forget they used one of my frav actors, Sam Claflin (I loved his character in Me Before You and PotC Stranger Tides) as a monster and now I need therapy for that.

Anthony the Ace

Just watching the trailer for Countdown gave me a headache 

13 minutes ago, SpiderSquid said:

!!!

I didn't know you considered me just saying I liked it "arguing" with anyone lol

Just now, GlamRocker said:

I didn't know you considered me just saying I liked it "arguing" with anyone lol

I didnt make this to talk about how good this or that was but how crap or terrible this or that was. 

Just now, SpiderSquid said:

I didnt make this to talk about how good this or that was but how crap or terrible this or that was. 

oooo sorry

I did mention Ad Astra sucked was that crap enough

Just now, GlamRocker said:

oooo sorry

I did mention Ad Astra sucked was that crap enough

No worries, I just wanted a place where people can argue about a movie that they hated but all their friends liked or something, like Endgame, everyones in tears and I'm like Hero movie dun dun

I heard only bad things about Ad Astra

Anthony the Ace

As well as "The curse of La llorona" As a Mexican this movie caused me physical pain

2 minutes ago, Moonman said:

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Fuck all happens, then Tarantino does what Tarantino does, and then the credits roll. I do not understand the praise it has received.

They were fighting hard for Leonardo Di Caprio to get an oscar XD 

I mean did you see whats it... the Revenant? that he got an Oscar for... so many greats before and thats what gets it lol

7 hours ago, Moonman said:

To be fair, he has had some very tough competition. I thought The Aviator was one of his best performances, I loved that film, but Ray came out that year. The Last King Of Scotland came out the same year as Blood Diamond, Dallas Buyers Club came out the same year as The Wolf of Wall Street. That's three films with arguable career-best performances from Jamie Foxx, Forest Whittaker and Matthew McConaughey respectively.

I have to admit my favorite performance (Better watch out for getting stoned for saying this) of his was the Great Gatsby, I could feel empathy for his character but when I read the book lets just say a had huge arguments lol

7 hours ago, Moonman said:

The Last Jedi was rubbish.

I hated The Force Awakens and then I had a little hope for the Last Jedi cause of the title and honestly Its like 

I hate, I hated, I hated the most.

19 minutes ago, SpiderSquid said:

I hated The Force Awakens and then I had a little hope for the Last Jedi cause of the title and honestly Its like 

I hate, I hated, I hated the most.

As much as I don't like bashing Star Wars at all, The Last Jedi did seem a little lacking, but I can't hate it.

I forgot The Sun is Also a Star.  Loved the book, could not make it through the movie.  So I can't really say whether it was the worst, but it was painful.  Acting was lacking and the main characters had no chemistry whatsoever.

On 11/6/2019 at 11:17 AM, Ace boi said:

As well as "The curse of La llorona" As a Mexican this movie caused me physical pain

I have yet to see it, but what little I have does not make me happy. It makes me wonder if they even actually did research into legend and it's various forms?

Watch as I get stoned for this one...

The Joker was a joke. I honest to Lucifer preferred Nicholas Cage's Primal movie to the Joker. It felt so over-hyped and I fought to keep my interest in it. 

10 minutes ago, SpiderSquid said:

Watch as I get stoned for this one...

The Joker was a joke. I honest to Lucifer preferred Nicholas Cage's Primal movie to the Joker. It felt so over-hyped and I fought to keep my interest in it. 

Yessss. I think I just had too high expectations after hearing everyone talking about it, mostly praising it. I didn't think it was horrible, but was it good either? Not really? I found it quite pretentious, though I really liked the music and it was overall a beautiful movie. So many good shots! But the plot, handling of the subject matters, all the artsy stuff, just... nope. Didn't work for me. The overall feel I got was clumsy and at times borderline juvenile, with a lot of potential.

For me? Worst movie made in 2019 has been (so far) Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. Hated it. The worst one I've seen this year? Aquaman. Hated it even more.

30 minutes ago, Taival said:

Yessss. I think I just had too high expectations after hearing everyone talking about it, mostly praising it. I didn't think it was horrible, but was it good either? Not really? I found it quite pretentious, though I really liked the music and it was overall a beautiful movie. So many good shots! But the plot, handling of the subject matters, all the artsy stuff, just... nope. Didn't work for me. The overall feel I got was clumsy and at times borderline juvenile, with a lot of potential.

I saw all the reviews and all and thought it would be mind blowing but it was so mediocre. 

30 minutes ago, Taival said:

For me? Worst movie made in 2019 has been (so far) Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. Hated it. The worst one I've seen this year? Aquaman. Hated it even more.

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark hall was one of the most confusing movies to watch, I dont know if Im stupid or what but I just didnt follow what was happening.

Aquaman won me over with visuals but I felt the story lacking and a lot was jumbled into one movie.

DazzlingGirl16
On 11/6/2019 at 1:40 AM, Member114264 said:

Same here.

I stopped watching movies because how historically and scientifically incorrect they are.

Documentaries are better than movies anyways.

I don't know nor do I care.

• 2 weeks later...
scarletlatitude
On 11/11/2019 at 3:11 PM, SpiderSquid said:

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark hall was one of the most confusing movies to watch, I dont know if Im stupid or what but I just didnt follow what was happening.

I loved the book as a kid. I think it was too many stories to put into one plot. 

This thread will be super useful for me who usually watches movies a year late... now I know what not to bother with. :P 

1 hour ago, scarletlatitude said:

I loved the book as a kid. I think it was too many stories to put into one plot. 

This thread will be super useful for me who usually watches movies a year late... now I know what not to bother with. :P 

😂I will make sure to start a 2020 next year XD as well

• 3 weeks later...

Dr. Sleep it was nothing like the book and spoiler they killed off Danny.

On 11/6/2019 at 2:36 PM, Chuck_Shurley said:

How could I forget X-Men Dark Phoenix 😮 what a crap movie

Are you kidding? X-Men: Dark Phoenix was fine! Especially for the fact that it had to deal with Disney's acquisition of Fox, and the fact that they forced Kinberg to reshoot the entire third act and cut out some dramatic scenes from the movie that was supposed to be 30 minutes longer. Not to mention the fact that Kinberg's very original idea was to make two Dark Phoenix movies and shoot them back to back, to make the story bigger.

There are crappy movies out there. As a repulsed ace, I can say so. But for god's sake, none of the comic book movies fall into the category.

3 hours ago, Steve Rogers said:

Are you kidding? X-Men: Dark Phoenix was fine! Especially for the fact that it had to deal with Disney's acquisition of Fox, and the fact that they forced Kinberg to reshoot the entire third act and cut out some dramatic scenes from the movie that was supposed to be 30 minutes longer. Not to mention the fact that Kinberg's very original idea was to make two Dark Phoenix movies and shoot them back to back, to make the story bigger.

There are crappy movies out there. As a repulsed ace, I can say so. But for god's sake, none of the comic book movies fall into the category.

The effects were amazing looking, that scene where she decided to protect her family could have had me in the feels but it didnt. I felt like I did not get to know Jean Grey, as I had sat my sorry ass down to watch Game of Thrones, I felt like I was watching Sansa Stark and not Jean Grey. The actress I like but she did not make me feel like she was another person, it felt like the same person who she portrayed in GoT. 

At least JJ Abrams didn't give us another Cloverfield movie (the third) like he did in 2018. It should be illegal for that man to make movies, freedom of expression be damned.

I suspect JJ Abrams Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker will make this list soon. 

17 hours ago, Chuck_Shurley said:

The effects were amazing looking, that scene where she decided to protect her family could have had me in the feels but it didnt. I felt like I did not get to know Jean Grey, as I had sat my sorry ass down to watch Game of Thrones, I felt like I was watching Sansa Stark and not Jean Grey. The actress I like but she did not make me feel like she was another person, it felt like the same person who she portrayed in GoT. 

Well, I have never seen an episode of Game of Thrones, so to me, it felt like I was watching young Jean Grey. I know that Sophie studied mental illnesses and such to get into the Dark Phoenix character... It depends on one's point of view.

There is a rumour going around that Disney wanted this movie to fail. After all, them cancelling all the upcoming X-Men movies only proves it. They wanted the X-Men characters to be put into Marvel Studios, away from Fox, which has been making the X-Men movies for 20 years now. 

The Lego Movie 2 was awful. 

The first one was...awesome, but the sequel just did nothing for me. The regular songs were annoying, every character seemed to have become completely gormless and the live action parts were cheesy. 

Easily the worst of all the Lego movies!

Archived