Toplessness

NewAce7

ExquisiteMystery
1 minute ago, AcornCarvings said:

I'm torn between really enjoying nonsexual nudity sometimes and feeling strange and bad whenever I am around other people

Weirdly, one of the documentary programs I watched late at night, was about nudists. Apparently everyones dresses as they please the only requirement is a hygeine towel (for sitting). People stare a bit when new, but it apparently gets old, fast. Then your brain just processes it like furniture. If they had one some place cooler than Florida,  it would be awesome, I think.

everywhere and nowhere
5 hours ago, Miss A said:

Just as a note, breasts don't actually sag less because of wearing a bra. And the discomfort from not wearing one fades fairly fast (mostly lymph fluid built up weirdly) . So if you ever get to a nude beach/colony, where you've got a week or so, you might try it.

My breasts just hurt the skin underneath if they're not supported by a bra. And I'm intensely nudity-averse, there's no way I'd go naked in front of any other person.

Honestly, seeing any boobs makes me feel dysphoric... but even I’ll admit that it’s more of a “personal problem”. 😕 I’ve always had the opinion that everyone shouldn’t be topless, but (shrugs). I also have the opinion that people can do whatever they want as long as they’re not hurting anybody. And boobs don’t hurt anybody. Well... unless they’re shooting bullets. :lol:

I think everyone should have the right to wear or not wear whatever they want, but in our current society I don't think it's possible because majority of people are sexualizing some body parts and/or bodies.

Interesting topic which I can relate to,  this summer while it really has not been warm enough due to the strange weather we are having around here. the subject Toplessness has struck a note with my situation having male breast augmentation. I am now the owner of a set of rather noticeable boobs, I wear a bra which I don't mind as it feel more comfortable than not to wear one (maybe as I was forced to wear one 24/7 for 6 weeks after my surgery it felt so strange not to wear one. anyway with summer here i am struggling about what to wear to the pool? I guess technically I could go topless since I am a guy but I don't think I would feel very comfy going out shirtless, On the other hand while I have gone out a purchased a swim top I am also not sure how comfortable i feel wearing that out either, I guess I am nervous either way.     

InfiniteNull

All we need to do is get the government out of regulating nudity. Where nudity is acceptable or not acceptable should not be up to the government to make laws for. They should still protect people from assault where someone uses nudity as a way to attack someone else (like a flasher), but as for "you can never be naked in your own front yard"... the government should have no say over that. 

People will decide how they feel about toplessness or not and I think in general that society would quickly adjust to toplessness being a non-gendered thing. This would actually de-stigmatize female breasts which could result in people making better eye contact! And really all that would likely happen... is people would be more willing to go to their personal swimming pools without a top on...

personally... I'd be more comfortable if people keep their clothes on while around me 😛 but I definitely wouldn't make it illegal to be naked

On 6/1/2018 at 6:11 AM, Nowhere Girl said:

My breasts just hurt the skin underneath if they're not supported by a bra. And I'm intensely nudity-averse, there's no way I'd go naked in front of any other person.

While my breasts have  finally softened up they don't so much as hurt, however what I have noticed is consistent movement without any support from a bra after awhile tends to get annoying, which is why i now wear one  

• 1 month later...
doggalogga

I love toplessness, but in a private setting.

There are too many people who engage in inappropriate behavior - groping and sexual misconduct. I fear that some innocents  will be taken advantage of

It's why I can't leave my back door open at night - some dickhead will break in and steal my refrigerator. I should be able to, but I can't.

If I knew that women that go topless would have their privacy respected (no photos from pervs which are then posted online), and would not receive unwanted advances, I would be fine with it. Unfortunately, I do not think it is practical because there are people who are jerks out there who will do the wrong thing.

FYI, I do not ever expose my chest in public, because I'm private. I had no issue being fully nude in front of girlfriends. It's just my body. Nothing to see here. :)

BambooRiver

Being shirtless at the pool or beach makes sense. I already avoid those places because I know that a lot of skin will be showing. If we make shirtlessness/nudity appropriate in any public setting, then I feel that is unfair for people who are uncomfortable with nudity because they can never escape it. But having designated nudity areas like the beach, then people can just avoid those areas if it makes them uncomfortable.

Honestly, I just wish that more men would refrain from walking around shirtless all summer. It seems that they've greatly overestimated how much the world wants to see all the gory details of their anatomy.

verymelancholic

Why not? Toplessness should be de-stigmatized and be legal! Educate people why it's okay!

Yatagarasu

I'm personally not okay with any nudity whatsoever, as I believe that clothes were invented for a reason and we shouldn't refrain from wearing them.

I'm fine with toplessness. 

I mean, I'm fine if other people want to go topless. I'm just not interested in doing it myself. Just not my cup of tea... 😐

On 5/31/2018 at 2:23 AM, Pixley said:

Things get painfully awkward au naturel. Never know if a girl’s gonna need to run or jump. 😳

Sorry, but I just couldn't stop laughing at this. And that emoji face! Pft!! 🤣

And it's so true! 😆

This is a very interesting discussion especially since summer and hot weather is now here!  I now see and sorta live both sides being a male having the option to take off my shirt, now since I had breast augmentation for over a year I can see some practical matters on both sides. First, since surgery I have not gone shirtless and probably won't  due to personally not feeling comfortable going shirtless even though I guess I could.  

I talked with women while contemplating my surgery most common thing brought up was not being able to go shirtless. I think while there is a small percentage of  women that would support this, I think there are so many more that would not be in favor of this, no matter how strongly you feel, the obvious fact as someone mentioned, old habits die very slowly plus factor in comfort for most in wearing, bras, or swimsuits and of course money talks.  Beaches and resorts, especially those that cater as family destinations do not want the loss of income of thousands / hundreds of Thousands in some cases not going to their beach because of say a few 100 women  would want to be topless, someday possibly but the numbers aren't there yet 

Actually, I would LOVE to be able to go topless sometimes. I mean, if it was at certain places (pool, beach, etc.).

But, alas, I cannot... And it's got nothing to do with gender. I've got some serious body image issues, yikes... 😳

10 hours ago, Dani-Chan said:

Actually, I would LOVE to be able to go topless sometimes. I mean, if it was at certain places (pool, beach, etc.).

But, alas, I cannot... And it's got nothing to do with gender. I've got some serious body image issues, yikes... 😳

sorry you are going through that although I think we all suffer from that to some extent, women due to society pressures have it worse. I touch upon it somewhat since my surgery 

16 hours ago, Albine said:

sorry you are going through that although I think we all suffer from that to some extent, women due to society pressures have it worse. I touch upon it somewhat since my surgery 

Aw, thanks. 😊

Yeah, I've seen a lot of people struggle with their own body image issues. It's sadly very common in society nowadays... :( 

• 2 months later...

I would love love love to be able to go topless. But even if it was societally acceptable for my birth-assigned gender to, I still wouldn't be brave enough to because of, yknow,

no-longer-in-use

I think anyone should be able to go topless if they want to. In many European countries, it's the norm for women as well as men to go topless at the beach.

The notion that men can't control themselves around topless women is actually pretty misandristic if you think about it.

On 7/10/2018 at 11:16 PM, Vampyre Dani said:

Aw, thanks. 😊

Yeah, I've seen a lot of people struggle with their own body image issues. It's sadly very common in society nowadays... :( 

I have spoken to some people that experience it, and now I can sort of relate to that feeling. i never went shirtless much prior to my surgery and would certainly not do it now, I can see how some would be drawn to it  

On 5/28/2018 at 11:13 AM, NewAce7 said:

So people, talk to me.
I am in total support of toplessness.

I feel everyone should be given the equal right to be free and let the fresh air kiss our skin.

What are your view on this topic, 
Do you think toplessness can every be achieved in our current society?

If not why, and what can be done?

I think either both genders should be allowed to be topless in public or neither should. A female would get arrested if she went without her top on in town (or even at the beach) here, yet men can walk around topless without getting in trouble. I find that really sexist and quite primitive.

Don't think it can be, no.  People (mainly guys, yes, call me misandrist if you like) are too perverted, and the police force would not be able to handle all the reports of sexual harassment and whatnot that would ensue if females started doing this (which is really the only "good" reason for the law to exist in the first place, because YES it is a double standard).

It's sort of the same sort of reason why the US had to back out of Prohibition; they couldn't actually enforce it.

3 hours ago, FictoCannibal. said:

I think either both genders should be allowed to be topless in public or neither should.

Fair enough. My vote would be on neither of them. I don't mind having guys required to put a shirt on in public. :P

(Within areas where it's appropriate for guys to be topless - pools, beaches, parks etc. - I don't have much of an issue with nude boobage either.)

Possible in our society, no. For reasons mentioned before. And probably many more.

Ideally, in my personal opinion, I think we should have gender equality on the matter, but I'm not sure which direction. When I was a kid, I would have totally been in support - our chests looked the same, so why would I have to cover it and they didn't? But as an adult, I think breasts being a secondary sex characteristic, they should probably be covered. So I suppose I more readily feel comfortable with everyone covering up rather than everyone uncovering... As much as I do like boobs...

Ideally as far as society goes, I don't see why humans in general should not be comfortable with the human body. I think people should have the choice whether or not to cover up any part of their body (though this opinion is not including societal problems that might arise from it, obviously - this is just an ideal concept, not an overall analysis). But personally, this would make me very uncomfortable. I suppose if the world were suddenly ideal and ready for this sort of change and people started trying to make it happen, I would support it. But I, like many others I'm sure, would have to do a lot of getting used to uncomfortable things...

12 hours ago, Tunes said:

Possible in our society, no.

It won't be that long before women being topless is viewed the same way as men being topless, I'm sure. About a hundred-120 years ago (I forget the exact dates) men were allowed to wear shorts to the beach, but if women weren't covered from neck to ankles they could be asked to leave the beach!! It was a struggle for women even to get the right to be able to wear bathing suits that came to just above the knee, but they demanded the right and fought for it until they got what you see at beaches now (which took quite a fears)

Compare that past beach restriction to what women can get away with wearing now in public now, and I don't even mean at the beach! (ie tiny mini shorts with rips over the buttcheeks so you can see the skin underneath, tiny little little tops that only just cover their nipples, etc) and i think it's obvious it'll only be another 30 years or so, maybe even less, before no one blinks an eye at women being topless in public. Women may even demand the right for toplessness and make a statement out of it much sooner than that. It may seem shocking to us thinking about it now, but so was the idea of a woman in a small bathing suit a hundred or so years ago!! :) :cake:

22 hours ago, FictoCannibal. said:

Compare that past beach restriction to what women can get away with wearing now in public now, and I don't even mean at the beach! 

Yes, but even now people aren’t allowed to show primary or secondary sex characteristics in public - men OR women. Women haven’t been permitted to show anything that men weren’t able to show before them. Since women happen to have a secondary sex characteristic stuck to their chest, I don’t think toplessness will come anywhere near as easily as you think. It’s more likely that men will be allowed to walk around publicly in a thong than women topless, historically speaking. Then men showing their ass will potentially make room for women to show more skin sometime further down the line. 

Unless society just goes full nudist all at once, which I think is more likely than either option above, but I think that would still be too much of a shock for the public to pull off. I think fashion will change. I think there may end up being certain circumstances in which women might be allowed to show their breasts (such as breastfeeding) eventually. But I don’t think that will spread out too far on its own. 

1 hour ago, Tunes said:

Since women happen to have a secondary sex characteristic stuck to their chest, I don’t think toplessness will come anywhere near as easily as you think.

1 hour ago, Tunes said:

I think there may end up being certain circumstances in which women might be allowed to show their breasts (such as breastfeeding) eventually.

Hmmm well already there is a huge demand for women to be allowed to breastfeed in public, and many places to allow it. I know here in NZ women are allowed to breastfeed in many cafes and restaurants, parks etc. That's only one step away from having the breasts fully exposed. And I was reading about a fashion trend recently where girls just paint their breasts to go to music festivals and the like, or just stick sequins onto them, so they're practically naked just with a bit of paint. If you Google World Body Painting Festival you'll be able to see lots of pics of what I'm talking about. We also had a thing here for a while called Boobs on Bikes which was a massive parade in the middle of the day where topless women rode motorbikes through big cities. Honestly I think if a woman can walk along with her butt hanging out the bottom of her shorts, boobies hanging out too won't be that far away. Just my two cents though.

1 hour ago, Tunes said:

but I think that would still be too much of a shock for the public to pull off.

No pun intended? 😛 

Archived