Toplessness

NewAce7

Lol. Yes, pun not intended, but hilarious. 

2 hours ago, FictoCannibal. said:

I know here in NZ women are allowed to breastfeed in many cafes and restaurants, parks etc. 

But if I understand correctly, they still have to remain covered while doing so, don’t they?

2 hours ago, FictoCannibal. said:

We also had a thing here for a while called Boobs on Bikes which was a massive parade in the middle of the day where topless women rode motorbikes through big cities.

Wow. Maybe I’m just in a more conservative area. I could not imagine people doing this and not getting arrested. 

12 minutes ago, Tunes said:

But if I understand correctly, they still have to remain covered while doing so, don’t they?

They don't take their whole top off but they don't have to cover their exposed boob :)

10 hours ago, Tunes said:

Yes, but even now people aren’t allowed to show primary or secondary sex characteristics in public - men OR women.

Really? Men aren't allow to wear a beard in public?

Here i am hearing things going the other way actually instead for women to be allowed to be topless in public men should not be either. The reasons i hear is sanitary or something.

10 minutes ago, Mysticus Insanus said:

Really? Men aren't allow to wear a beard in public?

Lol. I feel this is somewhat different, but fair point! XD

• 6 months later...

Honestly, I personally feel that as long as someone is comfortable with their body, then anything goes. Personally, I'm comfortable with nudity or just panties and bra. Although this isn't boob specific, I also hate shoes and socks. Also, gloves weird me out. 

I wish society would allow anyone to go around topless if that's what they want. I remember being really annoyed when I was a kid and I was running around with my brothers and it was really hot so they took off their shirts but I had to keep mine on. 

• 5 months later...

Last year I posted living on both sides after having male breast augmentation, Now when I wear a swim top I feel somewhat exposed, definitely would not go topless LOL funny as prior I didn't have any issues going shirtless but since my surgery I would feel very self conscious if I went out without shirt, heck anymore I don't for comfort if I go out without a bra 

DuranDuranfan
On 4/21/2019 at 11:38 PM, Eva River said:

I wish society would allow anyone to go around topless if that's what they want. I remember being really annoyed when I was a kid and I was running around with my brothers and it was really hot so they took off their shirts but I had to keep mine on. 

I did that once when I was little because according to my kid logic I was flat like a boy. My mom and I were at a water park and I didn’t have a swimsuit, but I had on my Real Ghostbusters t-shirt and shorts set. So I took off my t-shirt. But I got stared at and I think my mom got a talking to. 

Even today, swimwear is still designed for full coverage for young girls even though they’re not developed. Ridiculous.

I don't like nipples being shown in public, they look like warts. 

So I chop mine off and I'm the only one allowed to go topless :P (kidding)

When it comes to kids, there should be no difference between genders, ew. It's like anticipating the sexualisation of little afabs' bodies. 

When I was boobless and carefree, I didn't bother with swim tops at the beach. It never came to my mind that I should, why woud I? 

Calligraphette_Coe

Just to give you an idea how backward the conservative area in which I live is on this subject, a male county judge once fined and charged a woman with contempt of court for showing up to a hearing sans bra. Now, I have to wonder what would have happened had this been a female judge?

Personally, I think bare breasts are kind of ugly, but no moreso than a guy's back and shoulders that are covered in fur. Neither sight would, as Thomas Jefferson put it about religion, break my legs or pick my pocket. Live like you wanna live.....

If men can go topless, then it's only fair if women can go topless. There's nothing inherently sexual about breasts. The minute topless women are common is the minute that they don't seem to be anything special.

I can't take nudity seriously and I don't know how ANYONE can. Except for peeps like @Nowhere Girl who is repulsed by sex and nudity in general. Most people AREN'T repulsed so I don't get why they care so much.

AceMissBehaving

In Austin it’s legal to go about town topless. I find topless people, men included around say business districts etc weird, but I can see the appeal in the city parks and more bohemian neighborhoods.

I personally believe that if it’s ok for one sex it should be ok for all.

I also think that excessive nipple policing  online actually exasperates the issue. Not all nudity is sexual, when an artist is forced to censor nipples in say their photography, it forces the viewer to see sexuality in the image that otherwise wouldn’t be there. I think getting rid of this kind of censorship would be a baby step towards a equal topless rights world. It has be gradual, but allowing, and teaching people to look at female breasts in a non sexualized way is the first necessary step.

^This. 

If breasts weren't so sexualised, I just might have been less repulsed by them. 

It's just a milk gland after all. Do we censor cows' teats? 

Two points in response to the topic at hand.

1) Our society is being ridiculous, when our society permits men to take their shirts off, while simultaneously requiring women to keep their shirts on. We should either allow shirtlessness, or we should not.

2) If the woman's breast is so sexual, then I fail to see what is so different about the man's breast, that makes the man's breast so non-sexual. A breast is not something that you have sexual relations with. A breast is something that you feed a baby with (as a sidenote I cannot comprehend how so many people are grossed out by the thought of a man breastfeeding and yet they see no irony in feeding their child canned formula from Nestlé, no offense to the people who suffer from medical conditions which require them to feed their child the aforementioned canned formula). It is really no different from how your foot is something that you walk with. If we are going to require the woman to cover her breast, then by that logic, the woman should also cover her foot.

5 minutes ago, John Flushing said:

I heard about that, I think ! Both the bat and humans. Some time ago I heard about a widowed man desperate to save his infant children from starving, and it actually worked. And people seem repulsed by this thought? We animals are strange creatures. 

Archived