Teen Corner

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, there, everyone.

Let's all, please, remember the TOS about being respectful towards other members, each others' different viewpoints, etc. without swearing at each other, vigilante modding (i.e. ordering other members around), etc.

Just a friendly reminder that if there is/are a post(s) that concern you, that the TOS mentions notifying Admods for help through PM or AVEN's report system.

Thank you.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

Pfft. It's fine. I just trimmed some online info because my uni dorm floor (Comp sci special interest house) seems to have a slight habit of researching the freshmen...

• Like 1

Whatever we want! Much teen rebellion and chaos! (Not really. We thought up a television show which may morph to a book and we have discussed school ending a great deal. Dunno what else. My memory is rather poor.)

• Like 2
1 hour ago, hugbear said:

Hello

Well hello!!! Welcome to AVEN and the Teen Corner! (Don't worry @BionicPi, I've got you covered)

763a89cbe67a1e9f14c4a4ae6cf260c6.jpg

• Like 2
Just now, PixieCat said:

Well hello!!! Welcome to AVEN and the Teen Corner! (Don't worry @BionicPi, I've got you covered)

763a89cbe67a1e9f14c4a4ae6cf260c6.jpg

And an ace cake no less! Told thou good ppls stay here Bear!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, hugbear said:

If I say I prefer pie, will I be kicked out

Nah, pi(e) is also good.

• Like 2

Soooo, that friend I go on about in my 'about me' section (J. It's really sappy, so if you feel the need you can check it out there, unless anyone wants me to post it here) I was suspecting that she may be somewhere on the spectrum too.

She too agrees with me on the no-sex front, but recently I sent her a video about this demi guy which made me tear up a bit, and she went on a small rant about how she's disgusted with society's oppression and assumptions of "people like you". 

See my confusion?

I'm quite open about myself with friends, so most know that I'm probably ace, and we know that we can tell each other anything in confidence, so I don't really...

Maybe she doesn't realise it, or maybe she IS into something but just isn't telling me, but I want to know which is it.

I'm not a confrontational person, so I won't force the subject upon her, but does anyone have any ideas on how to find out in a round about way?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hugbear said:

She too agrees with me on the no-sex front, but recently I sent her a video about this demi guy which made me tear up a bit, and she went on a small rant about how she's disgusted with society's oppression and assumptions of "people like you". 

Mention something about sex repulsion, see if that rings with her. If not, maybe she's not yet realising something about herself or she's sexual and just doesn't want sex yet.

• Like 1
Just now, hugbear said:

We just both agreed that showing our bodies and doing the do is a no-no.

Hmm. Dunno what to tell you. It's really for her to figure out, and if nudges haven't done anything, they are kinda unlikely to.

• Like 3

I guess Im a bit desperate for her to come to SOME sort o conclusion, hoping that maybe we'll become closer with more understanding, or something...

Idk. 

It's just almost painful to be around her when all I want to do is hold her hand.(Gosh I'm getting sappy again)

I guess either way I wouldn't be able to, because of her aversion to physical contact, but the itch and chest pain of love(???)(platonic, if anything) is so strong.

I feel like I could waffle on about her for hours. I better stop. This is NOT the usual me. I don't DO sappy.

• Like 1
dragon_nerd

Aww, teen love. That'll end in disaster I'm sure.

We basically talk about anything here, so don't worry about it.

• Like 3

So...are there many people here who are at uni? How's the whole being an adult going?

• Like 3
dragon_nerd

As of september 2017 I will be on a gap year 

• Like 3

I will be starting A levels (cue panicking)

• Like 2

I'll be at uni in the fall. Adult is a relative term...

• Like 4

I'm starting university this fall, I'm actually super excited but also mildly terrified...

• Like 3
TheCatBehind
17 hours ago, hugbear said:

Hello

Why hello, hello!

I must say I'm surprised by the number of Poles I met here without explicitly asking to meet them lol. (The gender proportions are also interesting lol)

Anywho! I saw that what you are looking for is a place to vent and well, lemme tell you—I am up for some shit talking/complaining about life/etc., i.e. my PMs are always open to anyone~!

*disclaimer*

I am an unapologetic sap when I get started, PLUS I write essays not messages lol

Hope you have a great time around AVEN!

Edited by Maks9090
Also I love your name!
  • Like 2

Thanks. 

I actually haven't had a conversation with another Pole in ... 5 years? Except for around the house and Skype relative calls.

Sorry if you wanted to have a conversation in Polish, but my spelling is pretty crap, and my English vocabulary is somehow more developed, so it's now my preferred language.

I don't mind sappy writing, as long as I'm not the one who wrote it. It makes me gag a little when I read it again.

I love my name as well. It makes me giggle every time someone uses it in a sentence that's meant to be more serious.

• Like 1
TheCatBehind
41 minutes ago, hugbear said:

Sorry if you wanted to have a conversation in Polish

Fuck no XD

I may have been born and raised in Poland, but I'm also bilingual (Italian) lol And that never helped me with my Polish and tbh I still dread any group conversation I have in Polish XD

ThePurpleCat

So my sister cleaned out her closet and had me go through it all, so now I'm really happy, seeing as I don't go shopping often.:D

• Like 2
Pam just wants pancakes
On 6/21/2017 at 7:24 AM, PixieCat said:

I'm starting university this fall, I'm actually super excited but also mildly terrified...

Sameee. I'm ready to stop living with my parents but I'm  just not ready to be an adult yet. 

First day of holiday!!!

Plans - go to natural history museum

Yes I am a geek