Teen Corner

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, there, everyone.

Let's all, please, remember the TOS about being respectful towards other members, each others' different viewpoints, etc. without swearing at each other, vigilante modding (i.e. ordering other members around), etc.

Just a friendly reminder that if there is/are a post(s) that concern you, that the TOS mentions notifying Admods for help through PM or AVEN's report system.

Thank you.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

Tiny-Grey-Dinosaurs

Tanner...Timothy...Travis....Trent... I do like Taylor though.

Or.... We never reveal TC's true name.

Should 'The Girl' episodes be flashforwards/flashbacks? Like it starts with the girl dead and as we go through it flashes back on The Date. Like its a week or a month later.

We could reveal TC's name through that at some point?

• Like 1
dragon_nerd

THEODORE

In mythology, Themis is the goddess of order and justice.

^Oh the irony 

• Like 3
Tiny-Grey-Dinosaurs

I... think that it would be very difficult to not reveal his name. If we're planning on having a good backstory it would be hard to do that when he has yet to become TC.

It would take a lot of planning to do that, and it may kinda separate him somewhat from the viewers because he wouldn't be as relatable. It could be done and it would be great if we can do it well, but I think that would be very difficult to plan out, especially when there are so many of us all planning this together.

I do like the flashback idea for The Girl episodes though. But that would make like the final season where he finally catches the killer and saves the girl difficult unless there is one girl who starts the episode dead, and then he has to go help the final girl before she is killed. That way it isn't obvious that THIS girl is going to be saved. If suddenly we don't start the episode with a dead girl people would know he saves her.

How would this be created- live action? Or are one of you travel that you are a brilliant animator

• Like 1
Tiny-Grey-Dinosaurs

I think this would more likely be created as a comic than anything else. Realistically. Unless someone here has major connections...

• Like 2
dragon_nerd

While a TV show would be awesome, comics or a book series is more doable. 

• Like 1

But the idea of the dead girls couldn't drag on too lo g otherwise it'd just get too repetitive. There needs to be some subplots. What about Hillis school life? Or if so many of his loved ones have been killed what about therapy? His psychiatrist could become obsessed with him that they start stalking him. 

Just a suggestion.

• Like 2

Involve a geek and a cat

• Like 1
Tiny-Grey-Dinosaurs

As for subplots I like the school thing, but I think that the girls are the overall plot. He works as a police coroner I'm assuming so the most obvious answer would that each episode he solves a different crime like any other detective show. 

• Like 2
Tiny-Grey-Dinosaurs

Okay but I think one thing at a time. Maybe we should create the character first? Would it be okay if we set up something in the census formum where we can vote on like, what he looks like and stuff? That way we have at least that one thing that's concert and that we can work with?

• Like 1
Tiny-Grey-Dinosaurs
6 minutes ago, Rowan220 said:

But the idea of the dead girls couldn't drag on too lo g otherwise it'd just get too repetitive. There needs to be some subplots. What about Hillis school life? Or if so many of his loved ones have been killed what about therapy? His psychiatrist could become obsessed with him that they start stalking him. 

Just a suggestion.

He should be in therapy though, and that would give the viewers or readers some more insight into his character.

TC is:

He?

Romantic?

Mysterious?

Really not bothered by death?

In high school

in therapy

a coroner

• Like 1
dragon_nerd
1 minute ago, AntiSocial-Butterfly said:

Okay but I think one thing at a time. Maybe we should create the character first? Would it be okay if we set up something in the census formum where we can vote on like, what he looks like and stuff? That way we have at least that one thing that's concrete and that we can work with?

Most likely. 

I think curly dark hair, blue eyes, pale skin (he works in a morgue after all). Wears dark colours all the time like me...

• Like 2
Tiny-Grey-Dinosaurs
1 minute ago, BionicPi said:

TC is:

He?

Romantic?

Mysterious?

Really not bothered by death?

In high school

in therapy

a coroner

I think it would be easier to make a new census forum, that way it would be easier for people to vote and we could see the numbers. Do you guys mind if I set that up? Or would someone else like to do that? I like to write short stories so I do have some experience with creating characters...

Tiny-Grey-Dinosaurs

Okay it's up.

There's a link.

absurdpencil

Hey guys, I just had a question. I live in Chicago and I really want to go to the Pride Parade and take my asexual flag with me, but I've heard that sometimes ace representation isn't welcome at pride parades. I really want to go, but I don't want to put myself or my friends in an uncomfortable situation and was wondering what your thoughts would be on it? 

• Like 1
dragon_nerd

Get a large group of asexual people to show up at the parade. Maybe make a thread on meatup mart? (Or however its spelled)

Tiny-Grey-Dinosaurs
16 minutes ago, absurdpencil said:

Hey guys, I just had a question. I live in Chicago and I really want to go to the Pride Parade and take my asexual flag with me, but I've heard that sometimes ace representation isn't welcome at pride parades. I really want to go, but I don't want to put myself or my friends in an uncomfortable situation and was wondering what your thoughts would be on it? 

I think if you want to take it, take it. You shouldn't have have to be scared about expressing and being proud of who you are. 

And if you think it might end up being bad for you to have it out, fold it up and put it in a bag. 

@absurdpencil

You shouldn't worry too much. Asexual people are valid members of the LGBT+ community. At least in my opinion and I'm sure many people will be welcoming and accepting. But you shouldn't worry about being yourself and if you are follow the advice of others people have probably been in similar situations.

Also what do people think about asexual in the LGBT+ community? Should we be involved? Are we valid memebrs?

• Like 1
Tiny-Grey-Dinosaurs
1 minute ago, Rowan220 said:

@absurdpencil

You shouldn't worry too much. Asexual people are valid members of the LGBT+ community. At least in my opinion and I'm sure many people will be welcoming and accepting. But you shouldn't worry about being yourself and if you are follow the advice of others people have probably been in similar situations.

Also what do people think about asexual in the LGBT+ community? Should we be involved? Are we valid memebrs?

I think we are valid members of the LGBT+ community, and should have the option of being involved if we so choose to be. 

My stance is 'It's PRIDE I'm gonna be PROUD', just make sure you have someone supportive about you.

• Like 2
dragon_nerd
7 minutes ago, Rowan220 said:

We should be involved and we should be members :) 

• Like 2

So aside from the Teen Coroner stuff, I'm just wondering what you guys think of in terms of the problems asexual teens have in comparison to adult asexuals? Isn't that the original purpose to this thread?? ;P

• Like 1

I think it was.... But then everyone got distracted.

One of the main problems is nobody believes as we are 'too young' to really know how we are feeling

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Tintinfan said:

I think it was.... But then everyone got distracted.

One of the main problems is nobody believes as we are 'too young' to really know how we are feeling

I think high school and university are also highly sexualized places. We're at an age where everyone is 'supposed' to be kinda sex crazy, especially with the emergence of such a prevalent hookup culture. It feels like you're constantly under a microscope and being judged on your sexual activity. I think it's easier once you get out into the work place because there isn't that huge concentration of people of the same age and it's a professional environment. 

Yeah... darn adults assume they know who we are better than WE know who we are.

Another issue that seems teen-ish is that whole "who do you like" drama. Also the unbearable annoyance of sex ed classes.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Blair898 said:

I think high school and university are also highly sexualized places. We're at an age where everyone is 'supposed' to be kinda sex crazy, especially with the emergence of such a prevalent hookup culture. It feels like you're constantly under a microscope and being judged on your sexual activity. I think it's easier once you get out into the work place because there isn't that huge concentration of people of the same age and it's a professional environment. 

Lol... some of my friends were playing a game called "F***, kill, marry." It's a game where you state who you'd marry, who you'd fuck, and who you'd kill. It was highly amusing and the one who "lost" (said the same answer of someone else) got water poured on their head. It was then that I realized that having no sexual or violent intentions made me a boring person. My friend said that the freshman boys especially were "perverted little douches" who felt the need to brag about how many sexual partners they've had. I can only imagine the misery of an asexual teen in that bragging situation.

• Like 1