Master Trump Thread

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, everyone.

I'm just helping chime in, here, doing my Admod duty as the cover Admod for the PPS forum of helping make sure members' discussions remain fair and respectful for everyone.

As the TOS and PPS forum rules' threads mention, please, remember that members are allowed to disagree, respectfully, without getting into personal, negative judgments or insults about other members.

If it helps, they have some tips and/or advice on how to disagree with other members, respectfully.

Thank you!

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

(covering the PPS forum)

Because a number of trustworthy sources said so. Seriously, this anti-Trump supporter crusades here on AVEN is getting out of hand. Okay so he made a topic about something which seemed real (like major news networks believed it too), and it were false. They even said they didn't know it was true. No need to come in and only make a post about how the title is false.

Coming soon: "Donald Trump denounces Ken Burns."

On Twitter ;)

• Like 4

On Twitter ;)

Yes, that's his method of campaigning. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Because a number of trustworthy sources said so. Seriously, this anti-Trump supporter crusades here on AVEN is getting out of hand. Okay so he made a topic about something which seemed real (like major news networks believed it too), and it were false. They even said they didn't know it was true. No need to come in and only make a post about how the title is false.

But those trustworthy sources and major news networks didn't say so.

• Like 1

It have been effective! But again, his greatest campaign is the media

As if they hadn't given him so much attention they, he might have less followers. But again, Twitter is cheap and effective, so it is a smart move in that sense.

On Twitter ;)

Yes, that's his method of campaigning. :rolleyes:

And that twitter troll is the guy who might be in command of a huge arsenal of nukes in half a year, and apparently doesn't quite understand why using them is pretty much universally agreed to be a F***ING BAD IDEA.

Due to the large number of Trump threads, I am making one singular Trump thread and merging other Trump threads to it to keep the board more organized. You may continue your discussions here.

Faeriefate, Philosophy, Politics, and Science moderator

God of the Forest

. Post your sources (that aren't websites).

There is nothing wrong with using a website as a source as long as it is reputable and can be backed up with other websites. ex. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov) I often use this website to back up something I post about a scientific topic i'm discussing, along with other sites.

. Post your sources (that aren't websites).

There is nothing wrong with using a website as a source as long as it is reputable and can be backed up with other websites. ex. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov) I often use this website to back up something I post about a scientific topic i'm discussing, along with other sites.

Thanks, Bunny; I should have specified that such a site is very reputable. I was thinking of the personal sites that are nothing but one person's opinion.

• Like 2

Due to the large number of Trump threads, I am making one singular Trump thread and merging other Trump threads to it to keep the board more organized. You may continue your discussions here.

Now one for all the Democrat related threads please~

Now one for all the Democrat related threads please~

I did not combine all of the conservative threads. I only combined all of the Trump threads. I combined 12 threads to make this one thread, and there is no need for one singular person to have 12 threads, especially when the OPs of some of these threads is "this person doesn't like Trump and they said it in the media".

If it was the same case for Hillary threads, I'd do the same thing there.

However, I won't combine the threads of one political party because it's a vast variety of people in the party, and I think doing so removes the ability to have a discussion about one person. You'll also notice if you looked that I left the conservative threads separate from the Trump threads. My only intent was to not have a large number of threads about one person when a healthy discussion discussing all of the aspects about them can be had in one thread. Especially when some of the threads weren't generating much discussion.

• Like 5

Oh, apparently The Donald was being sarcastic about Obama founding Isis.

From The Guardian:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/aug/12/donald-trump-obama-isis-founder-sarcasm?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

"On Thursday, Trump had refused to take the opportunity to reframe his remark to mean that Obama had created the context for the Islamic States growth. Conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt told him: 'I know what you meant - you meant that he created the vacuum, he lost the peace.'

But Trump disagreed. 'No, I meant that hes the founder of Isis, I do', he said. 'He was the most valuable player I gave him the most valuable player award. I give her too, by the way' , he added of his Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton.

Trump did acknowledge that the root of his argument was that if Obama had done things properly, you wouldnt have had Isis, but he repeated: 'Therefore, he was the founder of Isis.'

Trump first claimed Obama was the founder of Isis on Wednesday night at a rally in Sunrise, Florida.

'Isis is honoring President Obama', Trump said of Islamic State. 'He is the founder of Isis. He founded Isis. And, I would say the co-founder would be crooked Hillary Clinton.' "

Seems pretty clear sarcasm to me*.

----

*actual sarcasm

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2016/08/12/fact-check-obama-hillary-founders-isis-bet/

This is literally a he said, she said argument.

But the DNC leaks have heavily portrayed what exactly Hillary Clinton has been doing in the middle east, and I would not put it past her to fund wars. She said it herself, that war makes money.

Though I don't blame Trump for "retracting" his statement. He doesnt want to appear as a conspiracy theorist.

Funny how Trump now say that NATO is the best tool against IS and that USA should stay in NATO. Oh also appereantly the Last operations against IS is cos of Trump appereantly. It have just been NATO and Coalition operations against IS for over a year. Trump will really say anything to gain votes. At least he's open about it ulike Hillary.

Funny how Trump now say that NATO is the best tool against IS and that USA should stay in NATO. Oh also appereantly the Last operations against IS is cos of Trump appereantly. It have just been NATO and Coalition operations against IS for over a year. Trump will really say anything to gain votes. At least he's open about it ulike Hillary.

I was actually discussing Nato with my SO (whos ex military) last night about dissolving of Nato. He disagreed with the dissolving, but simply said just kick out the people who don't pay enough into it. So if he does this with Nato, it will be more effective than just dissolving. It would still solve the spending issue.

It is positive in the way that other NATO nations may be forced to spend more on security which I am.all for. However it may also weaken the relations USA have with it's traditional friends. Also it will lessen the capability to fight i.e IS. Lastly it will destabilize the European situation. I'm thinking of tensions between Russia and the former USSR (especially the Baltics) and also the arctic areas. Now you also have to remember that USA is much richer in natural and human resources than Europe, and have a vastly smaller welfare state - which is treated like a holy cow in many euro nations. Now the European left is also very naiive when it comes to security, so.there's a lack of political will too.

Now Trump is also very naiive. He don't get why Japan and South-Korea don't have nukes, and in a conversation with a high ranking figure in the Pentagon he asked him.why they don't nuke Europe (!) and IS. He should keep his hands off foreign politics.

• Like 2

I just want to say that the idea of Trump saying Obama founded ISIS is stupid. Even as an exaggeration it's just wrong.

The predecessor group was founded in 1999 (noticeably before Obama became president). Then they became ISIS in 2006 (if you do the math that is also before Obama was president). There's a real argument for saying that the way Obama pulled out of Iraq gave ISIS its strength, and a real argument for how ISIS was created. However, it is physically impossible for Obama to create ISIS without a time machine.

• Like 1

I just want to say that the idea of Trump saying Obama founded ISIS is stupid. Even as an exaggeration it's just wrong.

The predecessor group was founded in 1999 (noticeably before Obama became president). Then they became ISIS in 2006 (if you do the math that is also before Obama was president). There's a real argument for saying that the way Obama pulled out of Iraq gave ISIS its strength, and a real argument for how ISIS was created. However, it is physically impossible for Obama to create ISIS without a time machine.

The accusation is not unfounded. DNC leaks revealed a lot of stuff.

The accusation is not unfounded. DNC leaks revealed a lot of stuff.

Given the implausibility of the timing, and the severity of the accusation, a specific citation (preferably to a primary source, not a commentator of some kind) would be appreciated.

• Like 4

Well now, Trump isn't known for being factual :p It is just one of many crazy accusations and claims. Like yesterday a spokeswoman from NATO had to correct him on that they changed strategy because of him, and that they followed this strategy long before he nominated himself. But in the end, he were a violent bully as a kid, I guess he haven't grown up.

• Like 2

Well now, Trump isn't known for being factual :p It is just one of many crazy accusations and claims. Like yesterday a spokeswoman from NATO had to correct him on that they changed strategy because of him, and that they followed this strategy long before he nominated himself. But in the end, he were a violent bully as a kid, I guess he haven't grown up.

People (especially supporters) overestimate his abilities and importance. People actually believe Trump is directly responsible for Brexit, believe it or not :rolleyes:
  • Like 2

Well now, Trump isn't known for being factual :P It is just one of many crazy accusations and claims. Like yesterday a spokeswoman from NATO had to correct him on that they changed strategy because of him, and that they followed this strategy long before he nominated himself. But in the end, he were a violent bully as a kid, I guess he haven't grown up.

People (especially supporters) overestimate his abilities and importance. People actually believe Trump is directly responsible for Brexit, believe it or not :rolleyes:

I know, I met one of them, believe it or not. Brexit never would have happened without Trump, he is the one who did the whole thing. (Head meets desk)

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
Contrarian Expatriate

News outlets are reporting that Trump has overtaken Hilary in the polls!

http://nypost.com/2016/09/04/donald-trump-leaps-ahead-of-hillary-clinton-in-new-poll/

I told you that Hilary's lead was but a post-Convention bounce. Few believed me.

A statistical tie with Clinton is a win for Trump because of the reverse Bradley Effect which means that people who claim to plan to vote for Hilary will actually vote for Trump. They only deny it because they want to avoid the bullying and social scorn associated with supporting Trump.

Now let's build on that lead Donald!

Is he going to build that lead like he'll build that wall? And deport 1 million criminals in an hour? Where's he going to send them?

• Like 2
Contrarian Expatriate

Is he going to build that lead like he'll build that wall? And deport 1 million criminals in an hour? Where's he going to send them?

You don't seem too pleased that he is now in the lead. Rest assured, you'll get used to it.

He also has a magic wand that he will wave on inauguration day to make everything in the usa super fantastic wonderful, crime magically disappear on the day of inauguration.

• Like 3

Contrarian Expatriate, whether Donald Trump or Hilary Clinton win isn't my concern. I am just concerned when politicians anywhere make unusual promises during their campaign, and leave me wondering how they will fulfil them. To fail to fulfil a campaign promise within an hour of moving into the Oval Office would be one hell of an achievement. I ask how would he propose to deploy sufficient security personnel, and transport in such a short space of time.

I don't think there has ever been a candidate that has done all they have said in their campaign, let alone even a tiny bit of it. I just want Trump to shake things up, and destroy the establishment.

I wonder how much he is getting paid to say that *laughs*. Ya'll act like people are not told what to say.

Is someone paying you to say that Trump will win?

• Like 1