Dying Hair Unnatural Colors

Metaparadox

Dying Hair Unnatural Colors  

1. 1. Have you ever dyed your hair an unnatural color (for ace spectrum people)?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm allosexual.
  2. 2. Have you ever dyed your hair an unnatural color (for allosexual people)?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm on the ace spectrum.
  3. 3. If yes, check all of the colors you've dyed your hair (for ace spectrum people)?

• Red
    • Orange
    • Yellow
    • Green
    • Turquoise
    • Blue
    • Purple
    • Pink
    • Black (if this is unnatural for you)
    • Gray (if this is unnatural for you)
    • White (if this is unnatural for you)
    • Brown (if this is unnatural for you)
    • Multiple colors at once
    • I've never dyed my hair an unnatural color.
    • I'm allosexual.
  4. 4. If yes, check all of the colors you've dyed your hair (for allosexual people)?

• Red
    • Orange
    • Yellow
    • Green
    • Turquoise
    • Blue
    • Purple
    • Pink
    • Black (if this is unnatural for you)
    • Gray (if this is unnatural for you)
    • White (if this is unnatural for you)
    • Brown (if this is unnatural for you)
    • Multiple colors at once
    • I've never dyed my hair an unnatural color.
    • I'm on the ace spectrum.

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm curious about how many other aces have dyed their hair unnatural colors and whether there is a difference between us and allosexuals in this respect.

I've dyed my hair a few times. I dyed a handful of strands at the front white once (it's still white there, just half way down). I also dyed it purple some time ago, but the damned colour washed out after a week. It did that every time I tried with purple, so I gave up.

I've never dyed my hair, but I've thought about it. My hair is dark enough that it would be a pain to get the color I'd want.

My hair color's the one part of me I'm not insecure about and I'm not willing to risk screwing it up with dye. I still get compliments on my "dye job." "Thanks, Mother Nature did it."

Crealityisabeast

i dye my hair alot. i go between some 'un natural' colors and brown or red usually. (during the summer, the sun will lighten my hair to blond, but during the winter, it's an unattractive (to me at least) mousy light brown)

Never dyed my hair.

I would now...if I had hair :(

Same for me. :P

SorryNotSorry

Never felt the need for it.

I've died my hair red before, but I wouldn't say it was unnatural. I'm certainly not a redhead, but when the sun hits my hair in a certain way, it appears reddish, so it's more like emphasizing something that already exists in there.

But I haven't died my hair at all in several years... I grow it out for donation, and they ask for natural hair. I'm ok with that :)

Squirrel Combat

I don't. My hair is brown and boring, and I just rock that. I mean it's just hair.

However, dying my arm hairs would be neat to try out someday. :P

Amoeba-Proteus

I attempted colored streaks over 10 years ago. Gave up cause they never looked very good...

Now, I bleach out and tone part of it so it's white, and sometimes I make it silver. Been doing that for over 2 years.
The long part of my mohawk is white/silver, while the shaved sides are left as my natural black color. ^_^

House of Chimeras

I've never dyed my hair at all, let alone an unnatural color.

I've had...red, black/red patches, orange, black/orange ombre, orange/yellow, yellow, lime green, baby blue, turquoise, black/turquoise patches, black/lavender patches, black/mauve patches, violet, violet and dark blue, black with a blue tint, baby pink, silver/pink/black, hot pink and probably a few others I can't remember. I used to change my hair colour every other week. It was fun, but I tend to stick with plain black now. Black is also unnatural for me :b

Never dyed my hair before, but I think I'd like to try dying it white one day (in the distant future)

Never cared about my hair enough to dye it, but like some people's hair dyed unnatural colors...

However, dying my arm hairs would be neat to try out someday. :P

It sounds hilarious! If you do it, please post a picture!!! Have some cake in advance :cake:

I did once a long time ago, but it was kind of forced on me, and I didn't like it.

I'm kind of wanting to dye my hair again, only on my terms this time, but I don't know whether I'll just look like someone with an identity crisis, rather than anything decent.

I've dyed my hair red and pink before, but I didn't really think the colours suited me. If I were to dye my hair again, I'd dye it a darker shade of brown than it already is

I've dyed my hair a few times. I've dyed my hair black, red, and orange (not all at the same time lol), burgundy, and platinum blonde (which isn't in the list?). And other shades of brown that aren't natural to my ash brown/blonde color. I've always wanted to go blue/turquoise or pink...or even purple purple (not burgundy). I haven't dyed my hair in a long time now though..

I'm ace, and I've died my hair unnatural colors multiple times, and don't plan on quitting anytime soon. The only full head color change I've done is red, simply because it was the most my mum would allow in high school, and since having jobs after graduation, no employers so far would allow me to do a full head. I've done red, orange, yellow, pink, green, and blue. I've also done multiple colors at once. I plan to go for a full head of forest green next if possible, and I'm also aiming for some lavender bangs or such in the near future. I have not died my hair white, grey, or silver yet because I keep my hair short, and it is very dark and grows extremely quickly. If ya'll know anything about making your hair white or grey, it takes a professional if you don't wanna fry it (which is expensive) as well as multiple visits just to get it started, and it's even more difficult for those with dark hair. So even though I think white silver hair on me would look the most cool with a shorter style, I'm going to wait until I have longer hair for practicality's sake. But white silver hair is my most loved hair style, and I've been wishing for it since I was fifteen years old.

Amoeba-Proteus

But white silver hair is my most loved hair style, and I've been wishing for it since I was fifteen years old.

Yeeeeees!

I always get "Your hair is white? You WANT it white?"

Damn right! :D

But white silver hair is my most loved hair style, and I've been wishing for it since I was fifteen years old.

Yeeeeees!

Actually, I've been wanting white hair since before I was fifteen, but age fifteen was when I realized that I could actually have it while I was still young and started wanting to dye it white. I'd been dreaming of being the old lady with perfectly white hair instead some weird grey color since I was quite young.

Amoeba-Proteus

Yeeeeees!

Actually, I've been wanting white hair since before I was fifteen, but age fifteen was when I realized that I could actually have it while I was still young and started wanting to dye it white. I'd been dreaming of being the old lady with perfectly white hair instead some weird grey color since I was quite young.

Yeah, I probably wanted white hair earlier than that too.

It took a long time to achieve though. My hair's naturally black, so all that bleaching and toning... It's not the funnest of tasks. I have to keep up with it too. It turns brassy really fast. Like right now, it's not entirely white cause I need to tone it back out again...

When it's pure white, I loooove it. ^_^

I need to dye my hair soon. I'm debating on what color to go with. I'm thinking about going pink or maybe purple. I have to dye my hair because of the evil wanted grey hairs. The show up in strange places so I've been hat girl lately to cover it.

I go for the [once] cool Telly Savalas-look...and shave my scalp daily. I presume you're referring to scalp-hair...I've never considered dying my other 'outcrops'...Hmm!

I don't know what colour Kojak's 'outcrops' were...

Cia :mellow:

I've dyed my hair all black/brown, but as for the crazier colors, I've just done purple or blue streaks from time to time. I liked the look and I still have some of those dyes, but I'm not sure I'll have an occasion to use them again. I'm entering a more professional work atmosphere and there will likely be some limitations on that kind of thing.

I've dip-dyed my hair dark blue on many occasions in the recent past. I probably still would but I let my Mom trim my hair so now it's not even down to my waist, I'd like to have my hair super long again before I go accidentally messing it up with hair die. :P

I've never died my hair at all..not because i don't want to..because i CAN'T. Nothing works on my hair, believe me I've tried, i have several friends who are professional hair dressers. at best my hair can be slightly lightend via bleaching, but it takes a long long long time for even the slightest of effects :/

Never done it, never wanted to. I have a blonde wig and pink and purple extensions though!

Archived