Is a celibate same-sex relationship possible?

GingerFloof26

GingerFloof26

Hey all,

Gingerfloof here. Some of you may know my friend Isandara. I'm the bisexual friend she may have ranted about on the forums here...Only I've turned full-out lesbian.

Not to say that I'm "doing the ladies," as some like to put it. I'm LDS, or Mormon. And my religion is very specific about homosexual relationships- as in DON'T HAVE THEM. I respect that and want to uphold it, because I believe that this principle is true. However, I have been feeling a bit lonely as of late, and when I look back at the almost romantic friendship Isandara and I had, I crave having something like that again.

So what I'm wondering is if it's possible for an female asexual to be in a committed relationship with a lesbian Mormon girl? No hanky-panky involved or even desired. Moreover, are any of you lovely ladies living in Utah? I feel so alone out here, like there's no LGBTQ community in the Happy Valley...

Warmest regards,

The Floof

Anyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, etc, can be in a relationship without sex.

You could totally make a same-sex celibate relationship work. It's no different to having a hetero celibate relationship, and as has been stated, sometimes it's all about the feelings :). Sex is not needed for a healthy relationship.

Also, Gingerfloof... Love it. Reminds me of Mark Gatiss.

i don't know if we classify as a "same sex" relationship considering I'm non-binary and he's binary, but my allosexual boyfriend and i are queer and he's said before that if i needed a nonsexual relationship with him then he'd be down w that. and I've had a previous relationship w a guy who was also allosexual and it never got sexual. i have a queerplatonic partner if that counts and we're not sexual at all -- obviously, hence "platonic."

so yeah, it can work. :)

I'm confused. In what way is a monogamous romantic relationship with another woman endorsed by the LDS? Isn't marriage and children one of your duties, and isn't a romantic relationship with a same sex partner still against the church, regardless of sexual activity?

Archived