14 nights webcomic (NSFW)

steeplechasers

steeplechasers

I read what is there so far of this webcomic about a man who is sex repulsed and tries to work on a relationship with a very sex positive coworker.

WARNING-this comic is sexually explicit. The premise is that the coworker is trying to help the main character figure out whether he can enjoy sex.

There are some parts I like, some parts that are a little weird/uncomfortable.

Overall it's fairly solid as far as webcomics go, and I like the art.

If anyone else has read it, just wondering what you think/whether it shows asexuality in a good light, or invalidates it.

http://14nights.kstipetic.com/index.php

I wrote a review of this comic a little while ago.

Since asexuality is never explicitly mentioned, it is impossible to say at this point whether the ending is ace-friendly. However, I feel the story so far has been very compassionate towards the character (Lucian). I'm also happy to find a story where a couple "compromises" on sex by trying quasi-sexual activities.

• 4 weeks later...

I follow the author on tumblr and i am 99% sure she got an ask at one point asking if Lucien was ace, and said that that would not be the final outcome of the comic. If i wasn't super busy right now i would go digging, but as mentioned it's pretty good with a relationship with compromise, at least.

• 6 months later...
Philiarocks

I just read the ending. I'd personally say it's pretty ace-friendly, even if Lucian isn't 100% canonically ace.