Answering Team Volunteers Required!

Amcan

Hello,

We're all familiar with the 'Answering Team', right? Basically it's just a team of volunteers who work alongside the Project Team to answer all the emails that are sent to aven.qa@gmail.com. Most of these emails involve the usual questions: "Am I asexual?", "How do I deal with an asexual partner?" etc.

Occasionally, we like to recruit some new volunteers, and this is what this thread is for! If you'd like to help AVEN and the larger asexual community, feel free to post about it here! The job won't take much time at all, it could be a fun experience to get to know other awesome members and to share your knowledge regarding asexual issues with people who need it!

We may also do this by working with the Welcome Lounge and Q&A moderators to find a suitable candidate (based on their posting history). So if you receive an unexpected PM asking if you want to join the team, well now you know! Don't feel in any way pressured, just do it if you want to, and that their messages as a compliment ;)

Disclaimer: of the people volunteering, we may contact only some according to our needs.

(I should also note that the Answering Team is not an "privileged team" on AVEN, there's no election or fancy name colors involved, it's purely a volunteer group. Most of our work is done in Skype and Gmail so you'll need experience with those)

Amcan

Information Administrator

I'm happy to volunteer. Anything I can do to give back to AVEN after it has given so much to me. (I'm 17 years old but if that's a problem at all, I'm 18 in 16 days.)

Guest member25959

Prepare yourself, guys, you may be unfortunate enough to receive one of these legendary PMs :v Usually I'd recommend panicking and running away if you got a PM from Arca, but this is one of the few cases where I'd encourage you to listen to Arca! o.o The Skype part is important, I think? Atleast, like 80% of our work is done in Skype or something like that.... exaggeration but yeah, emphasizing the Skype part!

Oh, thanks for posting this, Ams

iamphoenixfire

Do you have to be over 18 to be involved in this?

No, there is no age requirement (unless I'm an illegal member...).

iamphoenixfire

No, there is no age requirement (unless I'm an illegal member...).

Then I'd love to volunteer!

Janus the Fox
I'd like to volunteer, answering the "am I asexual" questions is what I do best :P

I volunteer myself. I've been a part of Q&A panels for both asexuality and gender queer identities for my college. This is exactly something I can do. :3

I'd like to volunteer! :)

I'd be happy to volunteer for this. I've been on the 'A' side of Q&As about asexuality for my uni's LGBT+ soc before and I'd love to have the chance to help people who are struggling to understand their sexuality, since I know it can be quite difficult when you're unsure of yourself!

Archived