I regret my decision to watch A(sexuality), a documentary

Puppet

littlepersonparadox

It is true, not much is understood about lots of things about sexuality. not just asexuality but also sexuality in general. people with disability's have various orientations. and a group of people with the same sexuality are not all going to be the same. It is time people were to take a look at understanding the more intricate parts of human sexuality's both hetronomitive and queer and put it forward. The documentary really didn't cover info well it's why i only liked it partially and not to the extend were i would use it as a resource. If i was to teach someone I would use either swankIvy's video's or Brian's on Everything A-OK.

TheNomment

I haven't watched this yet, now I really want to, just to see said hate.

There are tumblers out there and blogs. YouTube channels such as letters to an asexual. or

Everythings A-ok. A-Ok is even gearing up for a 2nd season on asexuality. (after a long hiatus although it will be back soon, hopefully, I plan on helping them out this year, as much as I can!)

If i was to teach someone I would use either swankIvy's video's or Brian's on Everything A-OK.

The fact that you'd want to use the Everything's A-Okay videos to introduce someone new to asexuality is really quite a huge compliment and the fact that you consider them to be as useful and helpful as swankivy's videos means a lot. (I'm not Brian, but I'm sure they'd also appreciate the sentiments).

It's also nice to see your eagerness for wanting to spread visibility and education. Visibility work tends to become stale over time and those who do the work tend to become jaded as time goes on so It's just refreshing to be reminded of the enthusiasm.

Amanda-Beth

I felt akward and David Jay weirded me out more so then announcer not that later didn't have problems. It probably wasn't the greatest reprsination but it was ok.

Don't be sorry. I like this chance to discuss my views with you. Your YouTube videos were a big part in helping me find this place and that I am asexual, plus I really respect you for getting asexual it out there in away that I'm too scared to.

I saw your video on the unassailable asexual. I always just say, "It doesn't matter why someone is asexual, or even if they aren't always asexual. All that matters is that they are asexual now." Seals just want to find an excuse for this thing that is so alien to them to exist, hence the science behind why homes equals are different. They can't just can't accept that they are different because they are end end it there.

Really glad to hear my videos were helpful to you. And lots of people are scared to do more visibility work or to be out because they see the crap the rest of us get. It's not comfortable, but sharing what goes on lessens the burden.

And yeah I've never heard of anyone trying to investigate what makes someone straight. Yet if someone is non-normative in their orientation WE'VE GOT TO PANIC AND FIND OUT WHAT IS PHYSICALLY OR MENTALLY WRONG WITH THEM. It's gross because many of us are actually happy the way we are (or would be much more so if people would stop harassing us), and we have no obligation to embody what others think of as an appropriate or ideal existence, so as far as I'm concerned they aren't worth pandering to.

Archived