Custom Member Titles now avaliable

Amcan

Hello members!

After the poll in Site Comments, we have decided to enable custom member titles for all members who have 100 or more posts. You can edit your own title in your settings:

2rervgg.jpg

The Admods reserve the right to edit or remove any title deemed to be against the Terms of Service, or otherwise inappropriate.

We hope you like it.

Amcan

Information Administrator

on behalf of the Admod Team

Question: will the auto member titles still work?

Only 100 posts? That's pretty awesome. I'm trying to reach 2000 on another forum for this exact thing. :3 Now to post more.

ObsessedWithCats

I've been wanting to escape the 'asexy' titles since custom titles were suggested, but I've no better ideas :/

Hooray!

(tries out some titles to see what looks good)

Guest member25959

Needs more history I think...

What we started out with in 2003 was reaaaaally limited (only nine ranks? But the forums were much slower and inactive back then), they fixed 'em up soon afterwards. Most of our current titles were added during October 2004 and May 2005... and hell we didn't even have a complete public list until June 2005. We recently fixed the post ranks again, I think we dropped "A-Post Whore" because it was seen as offensive? Troublesome references ain't really a new issue though tho... rewind to 2004 and ta-da

Here's an interesting thought, there's only a few notable and recent requests for custom member titles (between 2005 and 2013 at least). The earliest (I could find! .. but I really suck at this history stuff) from March 2008, rejected due to software limitations. Another request for customizable usertitles in October 2012, rejected because it's Arca... and the most proposal from August '13, the one that got us here!

... okay I'll quit talking to myself like a tramp now, yet another sad and unnecessary history lesson courtesy of Arca. Oh boy, the life that I don't have

5_♦♣

You didn't go back far enough. The first post ranking list was brought up earlier in '03 and at the time, there were only 4: Newbie, Junior member, Member and Senior member.

How do you earn points? *new to forums in general*

In this forum's case? Just make posts anywhere that isn't Just For Fun or the Arcade. The higher your post count goes, the higher your title goes, unless you change it.

In this forum's case? Just make posts anywhere that isn't Just For Fun or the Arcade. The higher your post count goes, the higher your title goes, unless you change it.

Correction: Just for Fun posts count, Arcade posts don't. :)

• 3 weeks later...

May I ask who gave me my title?.............Very amusing, who ever it was. :)

It's the auto member ranking system. If your custom title is blank, it will use the old system.

Ok, I had just never seen it before..:)

You're posting too much :P

Oh golly gosh, no, I have only ever submitted one post, I just have one heck of a posting stammer. :)

Oh golly gosh, no, I have only ever submitted one post, I just have one heck of a posting stammer. :)

Lier. You have 6,654 posts. :P

Batman's Ace

One post and 6,653 stammer posts. :)

My right hand has Dr. Strangelove Syndrome. That's what happened to me.

Archived