Neck accessory preference

randmzr198

Neck accessory preference  

1. 1. Which do you prefer to decorate your neck?

• Necktie
    • Bowtie
    • Ascot tie
    • neckcloth
    • cravat
    • fichu
    • scarf
    • I do not like decorating my neck

This poll is closed to new votes

Reveal your preference!! :D :D

The accesories in images:

Necktie:

665px-1953_wide_tie.jpg

Cravat:

Origin_NeckTie.JPG

Bowtie:

Johan_Krouth%C3%A9n_-_Sj%C3%A4lvportr%C3

Ascot tie:

Sargent%2C_John_Singer_%281856-1925%29_-

Scarf:

scarf.jpg

Neckcloth:

cravat1.jpg

Fichu:

Gullager_Salisbury.jpg

buttcheekasaurus-rex

Question. What is a neckband? :blink:

I can identify the rest of those items, but I don't know what a neckband is.

And I don't know if it's the same thing as a necklace, which is the way I decorate my neck ^_^

Question. What is a neckband? :blink:

I can identify the rest of those items, but I don't know what a neckband is.

And I don't know if it's the same thing as a necklace, which is the way I decorate my neck ^_^

I made up that word to be honest! :P

I am reffering to that type of linen, wool, cotton type of cloth that people tend to place around their neck and under the jacket (in contract to the scarf)

I guess the more appropriate word is neckcloth and not neckband ;) edited the poll option

RainbowCapers

While I don't generally put anything around my neck, I will say cravats are cool. Cravats for all!

I wear neckties occasionally but I prefer to wear nothing. I hate wearing scarves, which is ironic, because in my job I help people make scarves.

Arctic_Revenge

I have a long "swan neck" so I look foolish not wearing a neck accessory, but as much as I love high collared chokers, they denote submissiveness. Since I am a very petite Domme I can't afford the confusion. Scarves are the next best thing ^_^

Purple Heart

I've loved (neck)ties since I was a kid! Waistcoats too. Shirt, tie and waistcoat worn with jeans is my favourite kinda outfit ^_^

Grumpy Alien

I love scarves!

Truth and Lies

Hmm... I don't mind neckties, but I've only ever worn the occasional skinny, sleek black tie. I found a shirt recently, checkered plaid with a tie to complete it, and it was wonderful, but I couldn't buy more than two things, so I went with two other shirts instead.

Scarves... well, does wearing a plaid shirt around your neck count as a scarf or a neckcloth... or neither? XD I've also worn bandanas around my neck at times, especially at festivals/faires when it's hot.

Nothing. I feel like I'm suffocating if there's anything around or even near my neck. Which goes for shirts as well.

Janus the Fox
I only wear neckties when necessary for special occasions. Otherwise I don't like anything around my neck, it often bothers me, its uncomfortable and difficult to ignore and feels weird. :wacko:
Captain Darkhorse

Nothing. I get all panicky and think someone's choking me even if I wear a necklace, so nada on my neck for me.

TheLandsBeyond

I was really hoping the bowtie picture would be of Matt Smith... Oh well :P

I dislike having anything around my neck in general.

At the moment I'm not to into ties (neck or bow) but I was in my teens. I've also been known to wear steel (un adorned) neclaces or over sized rubber bands. I have also considered neck tattoos.

I love neck accessories but apparently I mostly wear stuff that isn't in the poll. I'm a metalhead with once-in-a-blue-moon gothic aristocrat tendencies, so I own a spiky dog collar, a few frilly chokers, and a very improvised white neckcloth/cravat/whatever. Now I'm confused about what the thing's called, but it looks like this, just white, kinda sloppy, with a different gem thingy and made from my mom's scarf. xD (Terminology help?) I made it for a cosplay but ended up wearing it as myself, too.

I can't believe how much time I just spent on this post

I would like to thank oneiricocalot for educating me as to what an Ascot tie is :) I have seen them many times, but was unaware of the name.

I voted scarf and neck tie. I love scarves. There's nothing better than covering up on a cold winters day with a nice fluffy scarf. Tucked a little under your over coat, you can make a very presentable appearance at something a little more fancy and still pull off a very respectable look.

I wasn't fond of my neck tie when I wore one for work (mainly because it trailed in the fish tanks I was in and out of and company policy was it could never come off) but as a fashion accessory I enjoyed wearing one.

So nice to see such support for them both :D

Scarves. I feel naked without a scarf, and it's always a huge 'Do not want!' when summer comes and it gets too hot to wear one..

Eh, I prefer plastic/woolen/polysterene collars. No spikes or anything, just a plain, one-color collar.

I voted for Cravats though, because cravats are awesome.

EDIT: Shouldn't this be in the Just For Fun forum, though?

Comrade Eden

Everything, but not at once. Seriously though, I regularly wear neckties, cravats, scarves, bowties, and ascots.

• 2 weeks later...

Scarf, when it's cold or looks good. I also like wearing necklaces and chokers too.

I didn't actually know this before I saw the poll but I don't like having anything besides a chain necklace around my neck. I don't wear necklaces often because I don't like the way they smell.

I love neck accessories! I always wear a black cravat with my suits, and I wear my suits very often.

• 2 months later...

The example images are a bit on the horrible end. I like my neck bare (if weather allows) - personal #1 choice is a John Wayne like neck cloth with fullface helmet and leather jacket + t-shirt / sweater. If unavoidable I'll go for a tie.

Most of the time, what's hanging from my neck are my dog tags from marching band. But I'll wear a scarf sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...

*Wrinkles nose* I don't like things on my neck

• 3 months later...

Archived