Masturbation

Loki84

Do you masturbate?  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

I dont masturbate..I dont even use tampons. That's usually the first questions guys, and some girls, ask me after I tell them I'm asexual/celibate.

Vicious Trollop
It basically comes down to the whole "I don't need another person to be sexual" attitude, haha.

That's basically my perspective -- "I can take care of my own needs, thank you!" ;) If another person were involved, they'd just postpone or prolong it, wouldn't do it properly :)

What I might need another person for is the cuddles. That's where self-reliance pretty much stops.

:lol: I'm a sexual Emersonian.

I used to do it. Actually, when I was 15-16 years old, I masturbated almost everyday out of stress relief and even boredom. It was a time killer.

Then I became Catholic. It was so hard for me to stop because it was a habitual thing...

Then I turned 17 this October.

Ever since, I've lost the urge to masturbate (or I overmasturbated so much that I lost it anyhoo). Now I'm quite happy with the results because I feel much cleaner now, physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually 8) .

When I was 11, I wanted to know what sex felt like, so I masturbated. It actually felt really good! I almost became "addicted" to it. Like sometimes I felt like I HAD to have it! I even did it at someone else's house because I was sleeping over and I felt the urge. Then afte some time (I don't remember how long), I kind of felt like it was something that I shouldn't be doing, so I stopped. At times I would get so horny (usually had to do with how close my period was) that I would do it anyway, but eventually I got to the point where I wasn't doing it. Then later I started to get curious (and horny), so I tried it again.... and was highly disapointed! I got no pleasure out of it, it was dull, and pointless. I have done it off and on sense then, not getting any pleasure out of it except the last couple times, however, it isn't enough pleasure to really put the effort into doing it... I'd say I masturbate once every several months and it's always right before my period. And I'm pretty sure I am not asexual.... so I don't know if there is much point in me posting this, but whatever....

• 2 months later...

Urk. I've been avoiding this one for awhile 'cause I'm a wee bit body shy.

But no I don't. I never needed to.

Except once. For a brief time when I was transitioning into full menopause I began to feel urges. I think it was because the hormones were fluctuating so drastically.

But imagine if you will...a 45 year old woman, who suddenly has to learn *how* to masturbate :oops: I felt really really foolish! And it was more a chore than something pleasant.

I'm glad it's over now.

I thought I'd write this to let other women who are similar to my 'type' know that you may face an increase in sexual urges at some point in your life. Luckily for me, the increase in testosterone after menopause has not led to an increased sex drive. I've heard reports that this happens to some women.

• 2 weeks later...

yes, I think twice a month when I go to bed before midnight ...

in one czech film father told to his son "All people masturbate. Or at least tried to. Those who are saying they don't do this till this time."

I think there's something about this thought, isn't it?

The organs down there don't seem to need anything from me, so I don't give them anything. :wink:

Warning: sexual details ! !

Maco wrote: "Gosh, I can't even contemplate the use of a tampon, let alone that putting anything in there could be considered pleasant in any way."

You don't HAVE to put anything 'in there' to have fun you know :)

Most women find it much nicer to just touch themselves (very gently ! ! ). Specially the immediate surroundings of the clitoris are VERY sensitive, but you have to make sure the very tender skin isn't dry. A bit of spit will do the tric.

Vicious Trollop and others have written about their increase in sexual urges just befor they have their periods.

This is true for most women. Me too. Because in this time your female parts and brain produces hormones which make your whole body more sensitive. For pain, but also for pleasure. That's why we feel more, and in some cases more often sexual urges.

And yes, I do practise (and enjoy ! ! ) solosex (masturbation :) ) and have done from a very young age. I never wanted to have sex with anyone, but I do have very strong sexual feelings, see.

Now I notice some of the early signs of the menopause (I'm almost 43), but that doesn't seem to have any impact on those sexual urges and needs.

Love, Sam

I voted "yes" but my feelings on this are a little jumbled.

I don't need to masturbate, because I never get horny. Ever. And I go through phases where I don't masturbate for months and months. But then sometimes I'll go through phases where I do it a lot. And I can't really explain why, other than... I dunno, I guess some effort to prove to myself that I can make it pleasurable. An experiment - a sort of, "Maybe THIS TIME..." thing. But most of the time it's just not pleasurable, and even on the occasions when I do manage to get a few seconds of warm fuzziness I just end up feeling all grossed out that I even tried at all (not saying I think it's disgusting to masturbate, because actually I don't think it is. It's just a personal thing - for some reason it just really disgusts me when I do it :(). But then, by the next time I'll have conveniently forgotten that I felt grossed out, so I try again, and then feel all ewwwww and dirty, and the cycle repeats over and over... Sigh.

If I were able to get "horny", I guess things would be different. But I have no idea what it even feels like to be horny. Oh well.

I don't need to masturbate, because I never get horny. Ever. And I go through phases where I don't masturbate for months and months. But then sometimes I'll go through phases where I do it a lot. And I can't really explain why, other than... I dunno, I guess some effort to prove to myself that I can make it pleasurable. An experiment - a sort of, "Maybe THIS TIME..." thing. But most of the time it's just not pleasurable, and even on the occasions when I do manage to get a few seconds of warm fuzziness I just end up feeling all grossed out that I even tried at all (not saying I think it's disgusting to masturbate, because actually I don't think it is. It's just a personal thing - for some reason it just really disgusts me when I do it :(). But then, by the next time I'll have conveniently forgotten that I felt grossed out, so I try again, and then feel all ewwwww and dirty, and the cycle repeats over and over... Sigh.

If I were able to get "horny", I guess things would be different. But I have no idea what it even feels like to be horny. Oh well.

I'm a sexual male, but I feel the same way most of the time, including the gross feeling. Maybe a bit less so, because I have a quite healthy drive balancing out that feeling, but it's still there. And I dunno about most sexuals, but for me, having the drive and feeling horny has little to do with experiencing any pleasure out of it.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, that summed it up pretty nicely. I started masturbating at a very late age out of lack of knowledge and was addicted. Then for a few years I hardly did it at all. Now that I've learned about my asexuality, I actually do it MORE because I recognize that getting aroused is not the same thing as being sexually attracted to someone. My arousals are almost exclusively random events, and rather than concentrating away the feeling of arousal, it's honestly faster just to masturbate it away quickly. It's really quick and I don't think about anything in particular. I guess I'm trying to stop, but I don't really see a reason to not stop. I don't know, I suppose there will always be something funny about it in the back of my head.

Yes, because:

1. It is definitely correlated with my menstral cycle and hormone levels, as other women have mentioned.

2. It's like when those pyschologists took a bunch rats and made it so that everytime they pressed a metal bar it stimulated the pleasure center of the brain, so of course, the rats wouldn't stop pressing the bar (my psych professor did a great impression of this). Anyway, the clit is like that metal bar, when I press it, I can't help but feel good :shock: - it's just the wiring.

Just because I masturbate doesn't mean I want sex.

A suggestion. You might have wanted to break it down into males who do and don't and females who do and don't.

As a male. I can tell you. That I most definately masturbate.

Not as much now at my age as when I was a teen. :D :D :D

But I still need to do it to keep my sanity. :shock:

From a male perspective. I have tried many times throughout my life, to NOT masturbate. What I found was that my sex drive is interconnected with my physical and emotional well being. If I abstain from the PRACTICE as it was called when I was a boy. Then I get agitated, frustrated, loose my ability to concentrate and I become agressive. If I maintain a balanced masturbation routine, then I remain calm and peaceful.

During the 60's and 70's it was known that some coaches encouraged their players to masturbate before games to calm them down so they could concentrate, while others encouraged their players to abstain from sex and masturbation so they would be more agressive and on edge.

As for me, I have always had a very potent sex drive, just never had any direction to point it so had to take care of it myself or go crazy. :D

I occasianally do, but i started young and it was "taboo" and thats why i did it, now its just a habit. Not sure why i even do it anymore??? :?

I didn't start until 18, which was kind of a sign... although now I do so up to several times a day (??) which kind of makes me think my sex drive itself isn't so radically different than anyone else's. I just don't want to have sex with anyone and find the idea violent and disturbing, and somewhat depressing.

I dont because its like nothing..

Its like..

Put your finger up your nose..

Its like the same thing..

i so gald i found this site.

i've been confused over my sexuality, or lack of it for a long time. and even more confused by masturbation.

i started when i was 15/16, mostly out of curiosity (as my mates at school talked about it alot) and got quite hooked (to the feeling).

but i never had much sex drive or desire to have sex with someone else (although i have with a few partners in my years). but i've always masturbated, not often, maybe once a week or fortnight and generally out of boredom or not being able to sleep (it works!). but i feel kinda empty/unfulfilled after the event. and i think it kinda dirty and not something i should be doing. having said that, i do go through phases where i just can't the thought/desire of it out of my mind.

since this doesn't really fit with my thoughts on sex, i do end up getting rather confused, but having read other posts, i'm a little more relaxed about the whole deal! :)

just to make this post even longer... i kinda think that sex/masturbation are amongst the desires that test us. i believe that we are all headed somewhere much better, but the journey may take some time. i beleive it will be quicker if i abstain from things that interfer with my energetic vibration (eating meat, masturbation, etc.)

[yes, i have thought of becoming a monk - something i still might do!]

mouth brooder

Nasal sneezes are more pleasurable to me than genital sneezes in general, so I am much more likely to induce a nasal sneeze.... :o

Nope. I’m a ridiculously-repulsed individual…I can’t even imagine deliberately doing that. I have so many issues. I don’t know as I’d have as many problems if I wasn’t so constantly exposed to sex through all its sneaky nasty tactics in everyday society- but I still wouldn’t masturbate. The idea has always grossed me out. Completely. Blech. But everyone is different and I certainly am not going to say anything bad of anyone who does.

P.S. I had a whole lot of trouble answering the survey, reading responses, and posting here. But I don't want to scare myself away from ant part of AVEN- the whole point is to have questions answered/discussed in the warmest and safest environment possible. Everyone here (AVEN): you are amazing. :D

I'll be joining the "ewewewewew" group. I won't even use a tampon (yes I know all masturbation doesn't have to be like *that* but ew).

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yes. Monthly hormones, my friends. Well, I masturbate, but don't orgasm. Just doesn't work.

Sexual stimulation without sexual gratification--it's more frustrating than not doing it at all, but every month my hormones tell me, "this time it'll work!" :twisted: I think the main problem is my brain feels it has to be involved somehow, and trips things up. "Hey, can I help? Whatcha doin'? Are we there yet? I'm booored." :roll:

um. That turned out interesting.

I masturbate, but don't orgasm

I wonder if there are any people who involuntarily orgasm without masturbating.

If so, is there a cure?

Or more interestingly, do they want to be cured?

Archived