Where does your username come from?

gypsy_princess

notafigmentofurimagination

i just thought mine was just a funny reminder that asexuality is real and so am i lol

• Like 2
1 minute ago, WhiteCatandcherries said:

Noticed after I had created the username that I had forgotten to make the C in cherries capitalized, but I went with it because I am trying to be less of a perfectionist. Now the imperfectness of it has kinda grown on me. 

I am so happy you explained this lol. I've wondered why 'cherries' wasn't capitalised.

• Like 2
Elizabeth Bennet

QWnqrgO.gif

This here.

I went by Plunderbunny among my roommates for a while.

• Like 4
WhiteCatandcherries
3 minutes ago, Ceebs said:

I am so happy you explained this lol. I've wondered why 'cherries' wasn't capitalised.

Haha! Somehow the fact that someone noticed and wondered is so funny to me. Well you know now 🙂 

• Like 3
J. van Deijck

It's the most common word if you want to swear in Dutch. :lol: Quite well expressing how I feel by default.

no worries I've discussed it with the admods before choosing it lol

• Like 4
Boondocks Paradox

The word boondocks originates from the native language I speak, and paradox rhymes with boondocks. How I came up with that was a random spurt of idea I guess. 😅

• Like 4
Buoyant Driftwood

Liked the double meaning behind buoyant, because I just imagined a cheerful and smiling piece of driftwood afloat in the ocean. Also buoyant is a really funny sounding word.

• Like 4
CheshireDragon

Well, I love the Cheshire cat so much, he's one of my favorite characters ever (him and Eeyore are probably the main ones), and i'm a dragon, cus, so I decided, and the name "CheshireCat" was already taken, so... Yeah. That's it.

• Like 5
blunose2772

I was in the US Navy and a term for a Navy sailor thqat acrosses the Arctic Circle is a Blue Nose. I removed the space and the e and added my favorite number 27 forwards and backwards.

• Like 4
Milque Toast

I originally heard the word "Milquetoast" from Persona 5, as it's the lowest rank for the "guts" stat, and it just sounded kinda cute. (My rank is also a persona 5 reference ^_^) And really, Persona fans have been the only people to point out that they recognize my username, since it's quite an uncommon word. So I googled it, and it comes from a character from a comic who is quite meek and shy, and figured, "yeah, I relate to that", although... nowadays I don't think I would really describe myself that way.

And also just because I think the spelling of "Milque" is just milk with a Q, I figured the Q stands for Queer because why the hell not

• Like 6
Fraggle Underdark

• Like 4
Anomaly Q3Xr

Mine is simply my name.

• Like 3

theres a character i really like in a show called scissor seven [this show is so fucking good i swear] and my homies found the protagonist [who is named seven] to be very similar to me personality wise. so they decided to call me seven as a little nickname! all is well

i liked this nickname and its implication a lot so i decided to set it as a username on i think instagram but then made a typo and there goes sevan. i initially thought sevan is pretty nice so i decided to search it up to see if its a real name. turns out it is! it means life giving sweet water and i thought its really beautiful. google told me its a female name but i refuse to believe it lmao it sounds more like a gender neutral name than anything else

• Like 5
58 minutes ago, blunose2772 said:

I was in the US Navy and a term for a Navy sailor thqat acrosses the Arctic Circle is a Blue Nose. I removed the space and the e and added my favorite number 27 forwards and backwards.

I envy you. I'd have loved to have been in the forces.

Someone Else

Mine was random,  I wasn't necessarily expecting to be on aven forever.

• Like 3

The first part is my nickname (Ess) and I really love cats.  I just decided to make it cat with a K since when I create this account. 😁

• Like 4

"Where did your user name come from?" merged at the end of this thread, "Where does your username come from?"

pickles mcgee

Just For Fun & Aven Arcade Moderator

@Kimi_gata

• Like 2
Boondocks Paradox
3 hours ago, pickles mcgee said:

"Where did your user name come from?" merged at the end of this thread, "Where does your username come from?"

pickles mcgee

Just For Fun & Aven Arcade Moderator

@Kimi_gata

I remember I posted in this thread before. Now this explains how my recent post got it here. I thought I'm just seeing things. 😅

• Like 3

i played everskies a lot last year and my username is actually inspired by a bot named "fartlol123" that was around during beta and would give out tons of starcoins and stardust to literally everyone, such a legend. 😎 i pretty much just replaced the "fartlol" part with something i said a lot, and i've kept the username around ever since lmao. 

• Like 3
Boondocks Paradox
2 hours ago, daveb said:

It was almost a paradox... :) 

giphy.gif

• Like 3
Feds the Freds

On the German Keyboard F, R, E, D, S, but also T, H, E are all close together, so on a bored day, I typed randomely on the keyboard and got Feds and Freds as words, so I built something out of that :)

• Like 1
Lysandre, the Star-Crossed

Lysandre is on multiple levels a reference to me being who I am. It roughly translates from the Green root words to "freed man" or "liberator", which serves nicely as a reference to my politics, my religion, and my connection to gender in light of being born male. 

After that I gave myself a title, "the Star-Crossed". That's a reference to my lot in life, a reminder that my misfortune and the fortune of others is ultimately largely beyond my control.

• Like 1