Where does your username come from?

gypsy_princess

I have Asperger's, I'm not ace but an ally of the ace community, and I'm a religious Jew, believing in following the 613 commandments that G-d gave us.

Hence the name AspieAlly613.

Purple Pumpkin

I like pumpkins (and autumn in general) and my favorite color is purple

• 4 weeks later...
DazzlingGirl16

Mine is from The Dazzlings from "My Little Pony Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks".

My parents say that I sounded like a cricket chirping when I would cry as a baby so they started calling my Kricket (my first name starts with a K so they used a K instead of a C. My parents don’t really call me it anymore but my brother still sometimes calls me Kricky. 🦗

it was inspired by a small rock band called waterparks (check them out, theyre super underrated imo)

there's a song called "im a natural blue", but the main reason i chose it was for another song. it's called "stupid for you", and the lead singer addressed the song to his girlfriend at the time, ciara hanna. one of the lines said, "you're yellow, im natural blue". "yellow" was because ciara played the yellow power ranger in one of the movies, and natural blue was a way of both referencing his old song and an inside joke, as he would dye his hair blue often and refer to the color as "natural".

awhile after, they broke up bc she cheated on him. my mind instantly went to that song, and every time i listened to it those lyrics would stick out. after awhile i needed a username, and i wanted it to be kinda meaningful but also at the same time not suffocatingly cheesy, and that was the first think i thought of.

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, lonelyace said:

Also, @natural blue, I love Waterparks. They're amazing!

plEASE IMMEDIATELY BE MY FRIEND

My came up with it when I was younger for something and I just use it for pretty much everything cause I'm too lazy to think of anything else 

I'm Demisexual father of  3 sons & proud not really a brain teaser) its two major parts of who i am.

• Like 1

Mine is a combo of two.words: xenomorph and Morpheus. As a huge fan of the Alien franchise and someone fascinated by Greek mythology, i find this username rather suiting. 

Fluffy Femme Guy

'Femme Guy' shouldn't need any explaining.

'Fluffy' is a nickname from my highschool days. I have curly hair that I can pull/tease into a afro.
Other students found this cute and amusing and would ask if they could 'pet' me.
I was fine with it, I liked the attention.

Mine is a nickname that got started by friends (Danimal) in high school; the numbers are from the date of graduation.

My name comes from two different influences...the first name is taken from Merlin the Wizard who was called Emrys by the druids, and the last name comes from a character in the game, Folklore...I just found the name really beautiful and wanted to incorporate into my character names somehow.

My dog's name is Molly and she is my ESA. My dad said that she has the same effect as MDMA as in that she make me happy. 

• 2 weeks later...

"Lunala" is the name of one of my favourite pokemon - if you don't know Pokemon, it's this giant moon-bat thing that looks cool.

I'm not even sure how I got from my original username to where I am now. There were sooo many name changes in the early days

• 9 months later...

My current username is nothing else than a Dutch name. :P Jelle is a Dutch variation of William, if I remember well, and van der Lee is just a fairly common last name.

Tbh the reason I used it as my username now is 1. it's Dutch, and 2. this is how I named one of my OCs because I really wanted one of my OCs to come from the Netherlands. ❤️

I like SW. Pretty simple. I was also not at all creative with names when I joined and just keep feeling weird about changing it too much.

what can i say, it’s just my name. i’m not creative enough to come up with anything else, but if i did it would be far too nerdy.

One of the first Star Wars books that I read and one of the characters in fiction that I feel like I can relate to when it comes to the idea of sex (I’m pretty sure that he’d be considered Ace).

firewallflower

Mine is a combination of the words "firewall" and "wallflower". I'm honestly not quite sure how/why I originally came up with it when I joined AVEN, but I like it well enough, both symbolically and aesthetically, so firewallflower I remain unless or until I see reason to change my moniker at some point in the future.

I like fireflies and lack more creativity than that. Firefly without a number was already taken, and 8 kinda looks like a firefly if you use your imagination, right?...right! 

• Like 2