Myers-Briggs Type

BannedForSatire

What's Your Myers-Briggs Personality Type?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What's your Myers-Briggs personality type?

• INFJ
    • INTJ
    • ENFP
    • ENTP
    • ISFJ
    • ISTJ
    • ESFP
    • ESTP
    • ISTP
    • INTP
    • ESTJ
    • ENTJ
    • ISFP
    • INFP
    • ESFJ
    • ENFJ

This poll is closed to new votes

Or at least most of the asexuals who spend time on AVEN and take personality tests are introverted. I also think introversion makes people somewhat more likely to notice that they're asexual. There is a pretty vast skew though, I wonder if the fact that the question is on AVEN could account for all of that.

In my opinion, it definitely does. Introverts are a lot more likely to take part in forum life and be active on the Internet in general (outside social networks).

What makes introverts better at figuring themselves out is generally the greater amount of time they spend thinking about themselves and how they feel, compared to extroverts, who are more often found in groups and generally prefer social interaction to introspection. The vast majority of people here seem to be INTJ, and according to the studies conducted on personality types, it's one of the least common types in absolute.

I always have difficulty picking between the options (some don't even make sense to me) and so my results tend to be inconsistant. But today I scored ISTJ.

• 2 weeks later...
An préachán

I took several tests some time ago with more or less equal intervals and they all defined me as INTJ, and the description seemed pretty accurate. I was a bit surprised when I saw the results, because I've always been told that INTJ is one of the rarest types, as SilverKitsune has already said. It was only to be expected that the majority of people here are introverts, but the results are still quite interesting.

sanremi52890

I like that there's a lot of NFs and NTs here, since in the general population, they are the least common :)

• 2 weeks later...

ISTJ normally get this one

• 2 weeks later...

ENTJ

interesting to see a lot of introverts though.

I've taken the Myers-Briggs test 3 or 4 times in the past 5 years (including yesterday) and I always get INFP.

I took the test yonks ago and was an INTP. I feel more like an INFP now, but I'm too sleepy to take the test again right now.

I'm INTJ (enneagram 5) and I'm not surprised to see this poll's introversion results ... Although it's funny how overrepresented the "rarest" types are :)

I guess INTJ is pretty popular around here. Though I'm barely J. Right on the boarderline.

SquirrelCat

I fluctuate between INTJ and INTP.

turtleswithhats

INTJ

Wooooooow. :o Thats sooo interesting. Oh my. The nerd in me is flipping out so much right now. INTJ is the rarest personality type, I believe. Yet it is the most prominent among asexuals. Wow. That's so awesome.

ObsessedWithCats

INTJ

Wooooooow. :o Thats sooo interesting. Oh my. The nerd in me is flipping out so much right now. INTJ is the rarest personality type, I believe. Yet it is the most prominent among asexuals. Wow. That's so awesome.

I see you joined today; welcome to AVEN, have some cake :cake: (from a fellow aro ace :3)

You have to remember of course, that the fact that we're on a forum probably skews the percentages quite significantly - 'I's are obviously going to be vastly overrepresented on the internet, and probably 'T's will be overrepresented among those who have analysed their orientation hard enough to conclude they're asexual. Amongst everyone who doesn't experience sexual attraction, probably the personality types are present in the same proportions as the general population, just the INTJs are most likely to be on AVEN.

There are a vast number of INTJs here, I wonder if all forums experience the same kinds of skews.

Vyanni Krace

INTJ:

"You are more introverted than extroverted. You are more intuitive than observant, you are more thinking based than feeling based, and you prefer to have a plan rather than leaving things to chance. Your type is best described by the word "mastermind", which belongs to the larger group called rationals. Only 1% of the population shares your type. You are very strong willed and self-confident. You can hardly rest until you have things settled. You will only adopt ideas and rules if they make sense. You are a great brainstormer and often come up with creative solutions to difficult problems. You are open to new concepts, and often actively seek them out.
As a romantic partner, you can be both fascinating yet demanding. You are not apt to express your emotions, leaving your partner wondering where they are with you. You strongly dislike repeating yourself or listening to the disorganized process of sorting through emotional conflicts. You see your own commitments as self-evident and don't see why you need to repeat something already expressed. You have the most difficulty in admitting your vulnerabilities. You feel the most appreciated when your partner admires the quality of your innovations and when they listen respectfully to your ideas and advice. You need plenty of quiet to explore your interests to the depth that gives you satisfaction."

(Am I the only one who found this really funny: 'Only 1% of the population shares your type.'? Now where have I heard that before? Hmmm...XD)

INTJ also seems to be the most common here so far. I remember I got a different score the last time I did this test. Cant remember what it was though. I think it was INTP. INTJ fits me more though according to my mum.

Actually, having just Googled rarest personality type, every site I clicked on says INFJ is the rarest. INTJ is the second rarest.

turtleswithhats

INTJ

I see you joined today; welcome to AVEN, have some cake :cake: (from a fellow aro ace :3)

You have to remember of course, that the fact that we're on a forum probably skews the percentages quite significantly - 'I's are obviously going to be vastly overrepresented on the internet, and probably 'T's will be overrepresented among those who have analysed their orientation hard enough to conclude they're asexual. Amongst everyone who doesn't experience sexual attraction, probably the personality types are present in the same proportions as the general population, just the INTJs are most likely to be on AVEN.

There are a vast number of INTJs here, I wonder if all forums experience the same kinds of skews.

Thanks. :3

Okay. That makes lots of sense. Thanks for pointing that out.

All the same, I've never seen a large group of I, N, and T types in one place before. That's really cool. I feel like I fit in. ^_^

entirelyunliketea

I'm an INTP on most tests (including this one), but on a couple others I've gotten INFP.

I guess my emotions vary a lot?

I'm really excited I found this poll/topic! I was wondering if anyone on this site was interested in MBTI. I am super into it and I have been attempting to study it in depth now for about a year. I'm an INFJ.

I always get INTP on these, though the N and S are pretty interchangable for me.

Crazy Cat Lady

I've done this a couple of times, the most recent being 2 or 3 years ago at work. I don't think it changed from time to time, and the one 2-3 years ago had me as "strong" in every category. That being said, I'm: ISTJ.

I'm ISTP as far as I'm aware. Some sites get super complex about it and say that tests don't do any good but even then I still think I'm ISTP.

ENFJ according to the personality test site on mypersonaity.info.

Though I am not as extroverted as I wish I was.

I'm quite the ambivert.

Archived