Am I the only one over 20 Here Who Has Never Been In a Relationship?

N7_Paladin

Tombstone

I'm almost 21 and have never been in a relationship. We're a rare bunch indeed, but not as much in the asexual community.

Whenever my friends bring it up, I say that I'm waiting for the right person to come along. :)

*raises hand*

You most certainly are not the only one :)

I am turning 24 this year and never been anybody's significant other. If I said this outside of aven, people would give me strange looks, ask me why or probably feel sorry for me.

But I've never been upset about not being in a relationship (probably because I'm aromantically inclined). It has always been other people who have made me feel like I should feel sad about it or like I'm missing out or like there is something wrong with me, telling me that I just haven't found the right one, etc. Thankfully, people don't say that to me too often, because I'm still young. Probably will occur more frequently as I get older. Fun times ahead -_-

TeddyMiller

I didn't have a long-term relationship until my late 40s.

Late 20's. No romantic relationship. :)

But, you know. You don't have to be lonely. Not all relationships must be romantic, and you can get incredibly close to someone without romance or sex. I'm in "a relationship" like that now with an incredibly good friend. We're close enough that we've talked about finding some way to always at least be in the same state as we graduate and find jobs, if not in the same city. I wouldn't trade this friendship for a romantic relationship. Not in a million years. If I ever become romantically interested in another person, that other person is just going to have to get used to the idea that my best friend ain't going nowhere.

I think the important thing is to learn to be happy with whatever your life is right now.There's nothing wrong with wanting a partner and a family, but don't let your happiness be contingent upon the affection and love of another human being (who, btw, is probably just as flawed as you are).

<3

• 3 years later...

Never, past 20 here. :) (dim chances in the foreseeable future too, lol)

Phantasmal Fingers

51. Never been interested. :)

21, never officially had one (came close a couple of times but never materialized), not actively looking but would be nice someday, hopefully ^_^

I'm 24 and have never dated anyone before. I'm not bothered by it. I'd rather not date anyone than to date the wrong someone who would not accept me.

26 and have never had a real relationship. It's never gone past the first date if it gets that far at all.

27, I haven't had a real relationship. Had a long distance thing going for several years some time back, but that's not a real relationship experience. So, nothing, basically.

Archived