How romantic are you?

GoldenLillies

Gray-romantic means that you'll get a different answer every time you ask.

But even when I'm feeling romantic, it's not really strong. Not strong enough for me to get into a traditional relationship, but enough for a romantic friendship. I get feelings that are halfway between crushes and squishes. Again, it's still quite weak.

Significant Form

I'm not really sure how to answer this concisely. I'm a bit of a cynic, really -- the cheerful kind, not the bitter kind -- and unless I have a romantic interest in a specific person, I generally don't feel any craving for that sort of companionship. And I don't often find myself romantically attracted to anyone. When I do, though...damn, it's intense.

I'm not really sure how to answer this concisely. I'm a bit of a cynic, really -- the cheerful kind, not the bitter kind -- and unless I have a romantic interest in a specific person, I generally don't feel any craving for that sort of companionship. And I don't often find myself romantically attracted to anyone. When I do, though...damn, it's intense.

Funny, I'm the bitter kind. I'll cuddle with just about anyone, and sleep in their bed as a friend (both genders), but when a guy tries to do the dating thing, I turn into a total robot. I can't hold hands, or cuddle, or kiss... Its just so awkward. I don't like how a simple action can hold a completely deep and unspoken meaning to them. I just don't get those feelings, and it always bothers me. Like I'm broken, incapable of doing the dating thing.

TuesMorning

Funny, I'm the bitter kind. I'll cuddle with just about anyone, and sleep in their bed as a friend (both genders), but when a guy tries to do the dating thing, I turn into a total robot. I can't hold hands, or cuddle, or kiss... Its just so awkward. I don't like how a simple action can hold a completely deep and unspoken meaning to them. I just don't get those feelings, and it always bothers me. Like I'm broken, incapable of doing the dating thing.

You're not broken, you're just fine. Welcome. :cake:

divided_sky

Very romantic if I am genuinely into the girl, which does not happen much, because I either dislike people, or they are just sort of... tolerable. But yeah, when I'm into a girl, I wanna hug her and hold her all the time, it's almost childish how I express my feelings in a physical way. I love to touch and play with her hair. Although my general insecurity about myself and worrying that she doesn't want me touching her or even being around her will make me hold back quite a bit, and I think I come off as quite cold. The last girl I tried to date, I had a very hard time being physically close to her, because I was convinced she did not like me... thanks confidence! always there for me.

Anti-romantic. :)

Well, I suppose the correct term is romantic repulsed. Which is quite accurate. :)

If I think a guy is interested in me and say, purposefully holds a door open and gestures for me to go first I always feel so... so disgusted. Pure revulsion. Strangers though, that's okay. Same thing in movies, virtually any show of affection activates my gag reflex. -.-

And yet I still want someone (I think), what a predicament. :/

Romance? Not interested. Asides, the idea of intimacy and emotional closeness bothers me as a loner. I'd think I'd go for a night stand than a romantic date, honestly.

AshenPhoenix

Hopeless romantic in my head. Most unromantic person in the world in reality. XD

same!

I come up with such incredible romantic ideas in my head. Granted most aren't old cliches, but I'm just an incredibly romantic person and believe that the person who would be my SO deserves love, compassion, and whatever the eff sappy beautiful romance I come up with.

But then, you know, reality kicks in and I'd feel stupid doing that.

however, the girl that I love enough and feel comfortably enough with to say screw reality with is in for quite a treat when I get there! I'm a stupidly incredible affectionate and lovey person once I let them through my outer walls (by which time, they've earned it. My walls are hard to get through!).

I'm sort of romantic, overly sappy and cutesy stuff makes me feel ill generally but I quite like the idea of being close with someone as more than friends.

If I had someone to share my rants with movies, have screaming video game matches with and still be able to sit quietly on the computer doing our own thing and I would be happy as a clam.

Oh, and cuddles too, I love cuddles. XD

Strangly, I find moonlit walks with myself "romantic".

Probably everything that is traditionally "romantic" feels romantic to me when done alone.

I'm a completely hopeless romantic. I still believe that "The One" is out there somewhere and I daydream about meeting him. Lately though I have more and more days when I'm afraid he's not going to find me.

... I don't even know.

At least somewhat, I guess? I understand what romance is, even though I can't verbalize it. I like romance, the sappy gushy kind and the traditional courtship and all other sorts. Really I like relationships in general, be they romantic or not.

Even if a traditionally romantic gesture doesn't romantically appeal to me personally, (E.G. Candlelit dinners, sunset picnics, presenting me with an animal carcass) I can still appreciate the intention and the cultural element of romance.

I definitely want a romantic relationship, but I'm less and less sure what that even means to me.

I think overall I would naturally match the romance level of my partner, as long as he wasn't hyper-romantic.

alpacaterpillar

I think I'm a bit of a hopeless romantic. I really like to imagine myself in romantic situations with my crush, particularly in beautiful places like halfway up a mountain or on a beach or something. Funny thing is, when I see other people kissing, cuddling or generally expressing affection to one another, I find myself thinking it's really stupid and silly.

I'm never quite sure if I'd like traditional expressions of romance. I think, maybe a traditional general concept (e.g. the candlelit dinner), but with a unique twist to a theme of me/her/us, would be perfect. Something really cheesy and typical would annoy and depress me, whereas something really strange and bizarre would make me feel less loving and more confused and perhaps question whether I had the right partner.

I think, though, the most amazing thing a partner could do for me would be to do something simple to help deal with my many aversions. Like handling receipts at the shop, or unwrapping an iceblock, because I have issues with small papery things (especially if they're wet). And maybe I could do something for them, but since I don't have a partner I don't know what they'd want...

I love romance but hate doing stupid and/or things because they are cute. Pinterest is Hell for me

JosephVNewman

In my head, extremely romantic. I'm demi-romantic and haven't gotten to that point with someone in real life yet, but when I do I'd like to think I'd be hyper-romantic.

Tuonenkalla

I was always more or less romantic. I've always wished to find a soul mate, I've always loved especially historical romantic series and movies (for example Pride and Prejudice or Jane Eyre). But then again, I've always been emotional and sensitive overall (I always say it's just because I'm Cancer, haha : D)

However, getting into relationship has totally boosted this. I would call myself "a weekday romantic", since I'm now dreaming about stuff like breakfasts in bed, just laying beside each other forever, and finding out all the little things my dear likes that I could surprise her with. (I would like to blame my horoscope for this too - you know, Cancers - the ultimate motherly types who love their home and family over boundaries)

Green Kitten

Me, romantic? Hahah... ;)

I'm probably one of the most unromantic people you will meet. Sad... <_<

I'm definitely romantic in my head. I like to sometimes think about someone who'd be as invested in me as much as I would be in them - whether this means a nice dinner for two, a movie night, or even just sitting and talking.

However, in real life, I'm way too shy to even get people to notice me in that sort of way. I would love to be in a romantic relationship, but my personality and quietness makes any sort of connection beyond "platonic friendship" extremely difficult for me. :/

EDIT: I'm kinda leaning towards grey-romantic right now. It would be nice to have a romantic relationship, but I just don't really feel it a lot of the time in real life and it's not a requirement. I guess I'm looking for more of a mutual companion who I might grow to love in the future.

RandomGirlK

I am the most romantic person ever!! I absolutely love the idea of having a girlfriend I can treat like a queen and do all sorts of cute romantic stuff with. I want someone I can cuddle and kiss and snuggle up to each night and fall asleep in their arms. Id love to have someone to take out to dinner, to buy cute little gifts for, and have soppy conversations about how much I love them and how beautiful and special they are.

I'm really not a romantic person at all... sometimes I can picture myself cuddling with a guy, but that's about it.

When I'm watching movies, I can't help but snicker at the romance, I just find it so cheesy ^_^

little_miss

I am a hopeless romantic who loves a good romance story however in reality I am aromantic. I just never have had those types of feelings for anyone. I still hope that it will change but I doubt it.

It's hard to say...
Part of me is this huge hopeless romantic. I daydream about being in romantic situations often; just cuddling and being held and such seems so nice (though I have mixed feelings about kissing).
In reality I've only had maybe 5 or so romantic crushes on real people (though lots of fictional ones, and a fair number of platonic crushes/squishes on friends). It seems the only way I can develop such feelings is through being close friends for a long while; then something just 'clicks'. At least that's how its always worked for me. I guess I'm sorta demiromantic in that way but for some reason, I prefer ID'ing as panromantic.
But I seem to have this issue where I might really like someone at first but once entering a relationship, I end up regretting it because I start to get all weird like I don't want the commitment or responsibly or something? And then I start noticing things about the person that bother me and the feelings begin to vanish and I break it off. (I'm actually kinda dealing with that right now, I think.)
This has happened in almost every relationship I've been in. Though there have been 2 where the other person broke things off instead of me. The first time did hurt my ego, but I had already started going through the the regret phase so it was only a matter of time before I did it anyways.
The second time was worse. It was the only relationship I've ever been in that lasted more a couple months. The feelings of regret and the need to be single never became strong enough where I wanted to break up with them, although there still were things that bothered me and things I was constantly unhappy with. That's what led to her to break it off after a little over a year.
I guess I really did love that person but it was doomed to failure. It left me pretty heartbroken for a while. I think I still have some insecurities about it...
I don't get that about me. When I'm single, I crave companionship but when I get it, I don't ever seem to be happy. I sometimes wonder if I'm really cut out for relationships at all. But I really do want one so much, if I could only just be happy and content in one. I flip-flop between wanting a cute relationship to knowing I'm probably not emotionally available for one. And I just don't know if or when I ever will be.
I am not into romance movies or books and the like. Seeing/reading intense kissing scenes make me feel really weirded out also for some reason. And PDA kind of annoys me. :x
But on the other hand, I'm kind of a "shipper" when it comes to my shows and stuff. I love scenes between the characters I ship (though most of my ships aren't 'canon' so I have to take what I can get there). I love cute fanart of them, and sometimes enjoy fanfics (kinda picky, don't read them often). There have even been a few pairings that give me this warm, fuzzy feeling which is very nice.

I tend to be more romantic in my head than I'm actually able to express to someone. I also idealise intense platonic friendships, almost like platonic "soulmates" or something of that nature, more than I do romantic relationships. Mind you, sometimes the lines between the two, when it comes to what I've thought I've wanted from a specific person, have been quite blurry.

Hopeless romantic in my head. Most unromantic person in the world in reality. XD

Basically, same.

I basically had a "date" with my squish/crush (whatever) with daydreaming + music + the right mood.

Deathpose Wally

I'm a hopeless romantic the majority of the time. I'm not in to the mushy stuff that movies and the internet label as romantic, I just like having someone who truly completes me... the kind where you can do anything and still find yourself falling more in love. Its been over a year with my partner, and we could spend the whole day pulling weeds out of a field and somehow I still end up with butterflies and that feeling of "how could I love you any more?"

Qutenkuddly

Now that I have a little time and energy to tidy my forum, this thread has been moved to Romantic and Aromantic Orientations.

Qutenkuddly,

Asexual Musings and Rantings Moderator

Um... I don't like romance stuff, I usually think it's well, um. Kind of funny, unnecesary or boring. Like wasting my time when I can work on being a better person, thinking about stuff, etc. Just do something else. But sometimes I feel the urge to hold someone. Sometimes it gets to me, and I feel teary. But it must be something clever, not a stupid schematic movie where I can predict what will happen at the end, or worse - in the next 5 minutes.

So yeah, my level of romanticism is kind of low, I'd say about 5 - 20%, haha.

Strangly, I find moonlit walks with myself "romantic".

Probably everything that is traditionally "romantic" feels romantic to me when done alone.

I find these things to be exhilarating and or fun but also a bit lonely. At the same time though I couldn't imagine anyone else being there with me. Or rather, if someone else were with me I feel it would diminish the experience....

You know, I like the idea of romanticism, I wish I could be more romantic. My cynicism has ruined that for me unfortunately :( Whenever I have a romantic thought, my conscience is always there to remind me "now, you know that won't happen in real life". It can get quite depressing :angry:

Sweet and Tender Hooligan

I suppose I like the idea of it. If romanticness is executed well in a book or movie, for example. I'm not particularly interested in or good at it myself.

Archived