How romantic are you?

GoldenLillies

I'm pretty romantic but a lot of checkpoints have to be met first, mostly comfort levels inside my mind. If and once those are all happily satisfied I'm actually stupidly romantic haha. I do enjoy (and miss, as the case is now) hugging and holding and kissing.

Mourning_Glory

I'm pretty romantic, want to get married, the whole deal. I don't mind cuddling. hand holding and even light kissing sometimes can be okay but sex? No interest what so ever. This of course leads to getting my heart broken. I would love to be able to meet another Grey-A

I am the cheesiest person you have ever met. Probably to the point where it gets to be too much. I am a hopeless romantic. I love movies like Elizabethtown and Sweet Home Alabama and books like Pride & Prejudice. I'm a fan of huge sweeping romantic gestures but only to be used sparingly. I love the little daily things you do when you are in love with someone, and the little romantic gestures like the mug posted up thread more. I can't do anything more than cuddling, hugging and holding hands though so that always ruins things because guys don't get it why I don't push further.

Crooked Ascension

I am sorta gray......

Technically I am Demi Romantic, but I have only felt romantic attraction to one person. And it faded away once I actually got into "real" dating.....

Arctic_Revenge

Pretty f***ing romantic.

Hand holding, cuddling, baking cookies, walks, ilu post-it notes, flowers, ballroom dancing...

Too bad I haven't got a partner :/

Whenever I have a romantic thought, my conscience is always there to remind me "now, you know that won't happen in real life". It can get quite depressing.

This.

Real life never works like fantasies, movies and all that stupid stuff.

You know, I like the idea of romanticism, I wish I could be more romantic. My cynicism has ruined that for me unfortunately :( Whenever I have a romantic thought, my conscience is always there to remind me "now, you know that won't happen in real life". It can get quite depressing :angry:

It's odd... my conscience kinda goes more "now, you know that would be a jerkass thing to act out in real life" when I have romantic thoughts/impulses, so it's less a matter of cynicism for me, more one of respect. I actually envy aromantics for being naturally free of this mess... and if anything about it depresses me then it's not being rid of the thoughts completely.

Antidepressants really helped me there, though - not only by removing the symptoms of depression, but also massively suppressing the degree of romantic attraction I feel in the first place, going to (one of) the root(s) of the problem. ;)

Kitty Spoon Train

It's odd... my conscience kinda goes more "now, you know that would be a jerkass thing to act out in real life" when I have romantic thoughts/impulses, so it's less a matter of cynicism for me, more one of respect. I actually envy aromantics for being naturally free of this mess... and if anything about it depresses me then it's not being rid of the thoughts completely.

Yeah, I'm similar lately...

Pretty much any romantic or sexual thought that pops into my head only makes sense as pure fiction. If I try to play it out in real life, it looks like it would be for wrong reasons - in some way exploitative or abusive of the other person. Or each other mutually.

This is a huge part of why the only kind of "romantic" context I would trust these days is one that develops naturally and organically out of a genuine friendship, and has none of that self-grasping possessive stereotypical "romantic passion" to it. Love songs mostly make me cringe. Unless they're something that pokes fun at the stupidity of limerence or romantic love - such as Bruno Mars - "Marry You". :lol:

alpacaterpillar

I think I have a new crush. Along with all the associated emotional advantages and disadvantages that grants me.

As a result, I have been feeling all :wub: :wub: :wub: again...

:wub:

I used to be more romantic, but now I'm pretty dead and afraid of the idea of romance ><; too much romance makes me rather irritated, and I feel extremely wary when it's aimed at me, even though I should be used to it by now... *sigh*

crazy rat lady

I love the idea of romance but my ideas never live up to my reality - I've yet to meet someone who will surprise me with a bunch of flowers or take me for long walks on the beach or something like that. It would probably freak me out if they did :D

I cry at weddings when I see people declaring their love to one another - then I laugh at myself later for being so pathetic :D

I like hugging people. Whether it is romantic or not I think the most romantic thing you can do is hold someone tight so they don't feel alone :)

Laura <:3 )~~

I've got a lot of love to give, but I'm done with romance. This comes to mind:

"Have you ever been in love? Horrible, isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defences. You build up a whole armour, for years, so nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life... You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own any more. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' or 'how very perceptive' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a body-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. Nothing should be able to do that. Especially not love. I hate love."

LadyWallflower

When I first discovered I was asexual, I figured I was aromantic too. I never wanted to date. But in part this was because I didn't want to have sex. I figured if I dated someone I would eventually be pressured into have sex.

Now that I have discovered the AVEN community, and realized its ok to be with someone, yet not have sex with them, I am beginning to have romantic thoughts. I would never want to have sex with them. But living with someone elses, companionship, etc, would be pretty nice, I think. I'm not sure if that makes it romantic or not. At the moment, I'm kind of dreaming of what it would be like to live with another girl as a very good friend, maybe more? It would be nice. Does that make me homoromantic? But like guys to, I guess, but I cant see myself living with one. Biromantic? Aromantic? I'm not sure.

But my views on romance have changed since I've discovered the AVEN community, because know I realize I can have a relationship and not have sex. It is hard to find someone who would be okay with that, however.

As aromantic as I can be. My romantic orientation is a burden to me. Luckily, I can easily squish it into almost nothingness. I still am attracted to people, but it's more of an observe-from-afar sort of thing. And I'm romantically-repulsed, so I don't really want any relationships/kissing/stuff. So that makes it easier to ignore.

ScaryThingsLikeDolls

I, personally cannot stand the really sappy huggy-kissy-touchy-feeling-googoo-eyes stuff that some people enjoy in relationships, it feels awkward and plastic to me, and there's many other things I'd rather be doing with my partner. With that said, if I'm being honest with myself I am a hopeless romantic. I do kind of always inside want people to all have happy monogamist relationships with their "soul-mates" in which they will get married and live happily ever after. Of course I respect and understand anyone who doesn't want that, and I do recognize I have absolutely zero say in their lives any discomforts I may feel about the situation are my issue not there's, so I always (to the best of my ability) make sure my interactions and responses to people as such aren't effected my internal bias, and I think for the most part I do an admirable job of that, I'm just recognizing that bias is there.

As much as I like the idea of having a partner, I hate the idea of being in a meaningless relationship, which is why I've decided not to date at this time in my life (I'm in high school, so, I'm sure most of you can see why that's understandable.)

Grumpy Alien

I'd classify myself as a hopeless romantic but in an atypical sense. I don't like things like flowers and "romantic" dates. I like romantic fiction. I want romance in my own life. I just don't like bouquets, dinner and a movie, sappy nick names, etc. I like flowers and movies in a nonromantic setting. I just think it's tacky to do the same thing every other couple's done for the last century. Romance should be unique to a couple, I think.

Grumpy Alien

As much as I like the idea of having a partner, I hate the idea of being in a meaningless relationship, which is why I've decided not to date at this time in my life (I'm in high school, so, I'm sure most of you can see why that's understandable.)

That's exactly how I feel. Except I'm 20. But I felt that when in high school and still do. I'm not interested in dating right now unless a really promising relationship presents itself.

Seeing that I am engaged with 3 avenites (I think it is 3) I would say I am pretty romantic ^_^

Xerces Blue

Seeing that I am engaged with 3 avenites (I think it is 3) I would say I a pretty ironic ^_^

Marry me too! :lol:

Seeing that I am engaged with 3 avenites (I think it is 3) I would say I a pretty ironic ^_^

Oki, just hope my other fiancees doesnt see this :unsure:

A Taste of Harmony

Don't fail this, Howard!

I'm waiting on the wedding cakes. And I really like *cough* some fruity flavours to the cakes.

And please don't say it will all be cheese cake. :(

And I also want full menu listed on wedding invitations.

On the ace scale, I'm biromantic.

Even still I'd say I'm somewhere between average and sappy. I am a sentimental person, and I do love the idea of having someone to do just about everything with.

Xerces Blue

I think I'm panromantic because I believe that I have the potential to fall in love with someone form any gender and have a relationship with them.

I've never actually had a relationship, but the feeling I get from imagined romances is sort of... unsettling. The best feelings of love I have are from platonic relationships.

Or maybe my feelings are just all confused :rolleyes:

ScaryThingsLikeDolls

That's exactly how I feel. Except I'm 20. But I felt that when in high school and still do. I'm not interested in dating right now unless a really promising relationship presents itself.

Yeah, I know that's now I'm going to be when I'm 20 too.

Right now though, I'm actively avoiding them.

To each their own of course and respect and support to any healthy relationship people wish to engage in, but I honestly don't comprehend why someone would take part in a romantic relationship that didn't seem incredibly promising.

My dearest best friend Grace right now, she's in a relationship with a great guy, he's an amazing person and I love him to death. Grace, however, though she knows she loves him knows that, though she's with him now, he's not the person she wants to spend the rest of her life with. I just . . . Can't understand. I can't stand the thought of being in a relationship that's not going to work out, I'd dump him on the spot.

But that's just me, and I don't make the rules (Not yet anyway).

ScaryThingsLikeDolls

I've never actually had a relationship, but the feeling I get from imagined romances is sort of... unsettling. The best feelings of love I have are from platonic relationships.

I feel the exact same.

Oh God ! 4 fiancees now Howie ! :o

Hrrrmmm, that'd be hard to answer...

When I was in a relationship, I was about as romantic as anyone can be. I suppose that would happen if I were to be in a relationship again with someone I loved. I do like hugging and cuddling a great deal, it's a very important part of romance for me, much like dialogue, support, and togetherness are. I can get cheesy, too, but only with the one I'd hypothetically be with, not in public or anything.

When I'm not in a relationship and don't like anybody in particular, I can almost pass as an aromantic person. I don't like being touched much (although I tolerate casual hugs from friends, just because they're my friends), and I don't fancy overtly romantic fictional or real stories, either.

I am the most romantic person ever!! I absolutely love the idea of having a girlfriend I can treat like a queen and do all sorts of cute romantic stuff with. I want someone I can cuddle and kiss and snuggle up to each night and fall asleep in their arms. Id love to have someone to take out to dinner, to buy cute little gifts for, and have soppy conversations about how much I love them and how beautiful and special they are.

Yup, only a little more subtle I think. Sharing my bed for cuddles is the thing I miss the most about my ex. But she was all about sex, something I have no attraction/desire towards. I don't know if it's spring or what but my bed feels lonely xD

Any takers? XD

But i also enjoyed having someone to dote on, and who would return the affection. I just wish I make more moniez so dates are more frequent less lame...

I am romantic. I love romantic stuff, curling up on a bed together watching a film, walking hand in hand in some beautiful countryside or along the beach, making dinner for someone, I like doing romantic stuff for them and having romantic stuff done for me. Just wish I had a boyfriend to do romantic stuff with.

Archived