Friend equivalent of a date

Wineblood

The title says it all really, but I'll explain.

My best friend and I are very close. We talk very often, share most things and we like to cuddle a lot. She's been back home for 4 months and when she comes back we're having a day where it's just me and her. I'm really looking forward to it but there are no romantic feelings involved, so what would I call that day with her? Date just sounds wrong.

A best friend date, maybe? Or if you don't like the term 'date' being used at all, just call it a best friend day. That's assuming there's really any reason to call it anything.

BFF date/day just came to mind as well.

It's just nice to have a word for it and it's different than with other friends. Kind of like crush vs squish, then date vs this.

I was also wondering if anyone else had thought of this in a close friendship.

Moving thread from A/Romantic Identities to Asexual Relationships.

I usually call a day spent with one close friend an "Adventure" or "Hanging out". Once I called it a "Bro-date" but my best guy friend didn't seem to get how it was date-like and not just hanging out. There should be a particular word for this.

Sarcastic_Morteo

You could call it an 'outing.' Locking elbows and skipping would also give people the right impression to your relationship.

Why do you need a name for this? Just go out and have a good time together!

Måskemigselvetsted

I've more than once had a date with a particular friend. It's just a word. If you both a clear about it being what it is it is, you can call it anything. Date works as well as anything else :)

But if you need a specific word for it, then why not invent it? Because it doesn't seem to exist, the one you are looking for - at least it's not common knowledge.

But if you need a specific word for it, then why not invent it? Because it doesn't seem to exist, the one you are looking for - at least it's not common knowledge.

I think I will then :) Would be nice to leave my mark in the asexual vocabulary.

And I do believe we need a word for this. Right now we have a lot more words for describing sexual or romantic relationships, but within asexuality we explore even platonic ones and it seems silly that there's much less detail and complexity in those relationships. Sexual/romantic relationship have plenty of phrases, platonic seems to have just "friends".

I usually call a day spent with one close friend an "Adventure" or "Hanging out". Once I called it a "Bro-date" but my best guy friend didn't seem to get how it was date-like and not just hanging out. There should be a particular word for this.

My best friend and I use 'adventure,' too. It's nice. We're each other's 'adventure companion.' :)

Archived