Remove your libido

QuantumDot

1. 1. Would you?

• No. I don't have a libido to begin with.
    • No. I don't want to get rid of my libido.
    • Yes. Hormone Treatment.
    • Yes. Surgery (neurological).
    • Yes. Electronic Implant
    • Yes. Psychotherapy.
    • Yes. Spiritual Guidance.
    • Yes. (Non-hormonal) Pill-based treatment.

This poll is closed to new votes

non-Sushimitzu

I'm an artist, I need my libido to be creative :D

^^^^^^^^THIS

Having had the horrible experience of being on medication that nearly destroyed my libido, I don't ever want to go through that again. It's the engine that drives my creativity, I need it.

I wonder what kind of art you guys make.

I'm an artist, I need my libido to be creative :D

^^^^^^^^THIS

Having had the horrible experience of being on medication that nearly destroyed my libido, I don't ever want to go through that again. It's the engine that drives my creativity, I need it.

I wonder what kind of art you guys make.

XD me too

Er.... Turns out, I do have a libido. Just that it's so sporadic, that it doesn't seem like it's there, which lead me to believe that I somehow managed to get rid of it. However, six months ago, I did get sexually aroused.

Janus the Fox

Yes, remove my high libido and this extreme bi-curiosity so I can go back to my old self and get on with my life!!!

I chose the last 3, though the very last one I'm kind of iffy about. I have trouble physically swallowing pills. >.< But I would love to get rid of my libido. I actually have a moderate-high libido, and it's frustrating. I can't do anything about it, but it keeps me in this state of "Do I really want sex or do I just think I want sex? Should I try to enjoy sex or just avoid it completely?" GAH, stuck in the middle I guess. :S

Ace of Swords

I have no libido. No urge to masturbate or have sex, though in the past... I have had sex to get the people in my life to get off my back, the pressure is hard. I guess MY wish is to find someone else with no libido. That would be really nice.

when you say "have your libido removed" is that just a theoretical discussion question or is there proceedures like that in existance ? if so, are there also treatments to increase libido ?

when you say "have your libido removed" is that just a theoretical discussion question or is there proceedures like that in existance ? if so, are there also treatments to increase libido ?

Biological interventions to remove it - I'm absolutely certain that we have the technological capacity to do this, but our #$'ed society isn't ever going to invest in it. On the other hand, there is a large industry currently flourishing on doing the opposite...

• 1 month later...

I'm fine with my libido. It rarely acts up around other people anyway and if it does, it's never strong enough to be all that distracting - I can easily ignore it, if I need to.

reasonsfordefyingreason

I would. I tend to get feelings of arousal at random points I don't get any real plesure out of it and if there was a way of safely reducing them I would take it.

My libido is nearly non-existent and I feel it may be causing problems in my relationship with a very sexual partner. I wouldn't mind having more of a libido for a while to see what it's like and if it would help.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd definitely remove my libido. It's been disturbing my studies, and I could be much more productive without it. Plus, libido=sin.

BaronTheCat

Yes, I'd remove it... But only if it was through a safe method. I don't want anything in my head or my body f***ed up.

I'd definitely remove my libido. It's been disturbing my studies, and I could be much more productive without it. Plus, libido=sin.

Sin? Could you please explain that in a little more detail? That is, if you weren't just joking.

Sin? Could you please explain that in a little more detail? That is, if you weren't just joking.

Sex=sin, and libido is a basically sex drive, and therefore it is sin. Sex is a sin, because it once someone starts, they will get addicted, and sex gets in the way of productivity. That's kind of may way of rationalizing my personal cultural belief. For the record, I'm Asian, and this is a common type of Asian belief.

I am fortunate to have libido that is low enough for me to appreciate the merits of a celibate / non-sexual existence that does not induce an individual to perceive the world through the lens of sexual attraction.

However I wouldn't want to remove my libido entirely because it helps me to understand the rest of the world.. a world that is overwhelmingly sexual.

Sex=sin, and libido is a basically sex drive, and therefore it is sin. Sex is a sin, because it once someone starts, they will get addicted, and sex gets in the way of productivity. That's kind of may way of rationalizing my personal cultural belief. For the record, I'm Asian, and this is a common type of Asian belief.

Whether someone gets addicted to sex depends on their personality. For me, I had sex once; and that was nearly six years ago.

Vampyremage

Whether someone gets addicted to sex depends on their personality. For me, I had sex once; and that was nearly six years ago.

I've had plenty of sex in the past. Suffice to say I'm hardly addicted since I haven't had it in about a year and I'm quite content with never having it again :D

I've had plenty of sex in the past. Suffice to say I'm hardly addicted since I haven't had it in about a year and I'm quite content with never having it again :D

That's exactly what I thought during my 2 year dry period, and now that I'm having it again, it's sort of messing with my head, so I just say that sex is like chocolate, in the sense that there's one rule - don't start.

TeddyMiller

I've had experience with this. I was put on Paxil, then switched to Lexapro, for anxiety, and then had testosterone supplements. So I've gone through no libido, low libido, and normal libido levels. My reaction is that I didn't mind having it gone, but wouldn't make an effort to get rid of it.

For those who would opt to remove their libidos, is it a case of not enjoying the physical sensations of masturbation or would you rather just masturbate on your own terms and in your own time instead of having to worry about some physiological imperative to do so?

It's more the latter for me anyway. I hate *needing* it rather than wanting it, and as a sexual trauma survivor it can be very difficult not being able to put it on hold if it needs to be.

For those who would opt to remove their libidos, is it a case of not enjoying the physical sensations of masturbation or would you rather just masturbate on your own terms and in your own time instead of having to worry about some physiological imperative to do so?

Have worked with girls on several occations and whenever they can feel that I won´t hit on them they start to become relaxed.

And if I could move those feelings/situations to my private life it would be great.If I could do everything with a girl except having sex it would be the time of my life.

I masturbate cos I´m used to it before go to sleep.

I choose to get rid of it, because I cannot stand the feeling I get and I hate masterbating. It makes me feel guilty and disgusting. I do it to make that feeling go away, so if that feeling wouldn't come up, that would be awesome!

I won't say I have a crazy high libido, but it's probably not abnormally low. I "take care of things" once or twice a week, perhaps. But that's kind of enjoyable in its little way, so I don't object to having it. I was briefly on medication that decreased my libido, which I found amusing...I don't know if it was a listed side effect. It wasn't a real problem because it's not like I have a partner I need to have sex with or anything, but when I tried to "take care of things," it took much longer, and even though the desire was probably lower, I still felt I "should" try.

Yes, I would remove my libido totally, even though it is already quite low. My libido can be a distraction from the more important things in life.

I voted spiritual guidance. I don't really think the physical aspects of someones libido should be, or even can be altered in any way. I think all things depend on the mind anyway, and all thoughts including sexual ones can be controlled by meditation.

I voted "yes, hormone treatment" as basically that's what I'm already doing....I take the Pill for ovarian cyst treatment and that does a pretty good job (part of me can't help but wonder if the pill also prevents pregnancy by killing a woman's libido in addition to simply stopping ovulation - not only does she not ovulate, she also has no interest in having sex to begin with!) of doing away with one's libido.

Some of the SSRI's are also libido-killers but I swear the Pill is the best libido-snuffer I've ever used, and I swear I am much happier w/o it. The Pill may not kill it entirely, but it is rather like driving a car with the emergency brake on - you can still go, but it takes a lot more effort to do so. So I could probably work up enough of something to masturbate, but I just figure why bother. I have better things to do with my time these days.

And yes I'm an artist and at this point in my life I don't feel that my creativity is being squelched due to a lack of libido. I do think, however, that when I was young it may have inspired me because it could get really bad when I was in my teens and 20's, that and riding the hormone rollercoaster of the female menstrual cycle - at certain parts of my cycle I could be incredibly creative, but also quite melancholy at other times. I miss the "highs" of my cycle (not the libido, just the energy and creativity) since I've been on the pill, but not all the painful symptoms of the cysts that caused me to seek treatment.

My libido has caused me much frustration in the past, so I'm quite content as I am now, with it being low to non-existent. In addition, libido and masturbation tend to bring back bad memories of being sexually abused as a child and I'm more than happy to leave that part of my life behind forever.

Archived