Remove your libido

QuantumDot

1. 1. Would you?

• No. I don't have a libido to begin with.
    • No. I don't want to get rid of my libido.
    • Yes. Hormone Treatment.
    • Yes. Surgery (neurological).
    • Yes. Electronic Implant
    • Yes. Psychotherapy.
    • Yes. Spiritual Guidance.
    • Yes. (Non-hormonal) Pill-based treatment.

This poll is closed to new votes

Would you undergo therapy to remove your libido (if you have one) and what kind?

Of course, there are no side effects of this treatment, you only lose your libido.

A short post describing the reasons behind your choice would be very interesting, so please post!

My libido, while technically present, is so low that it rarely, if ever, causes me any sort of issue. So no, I'd have to go with the option of not removing it but I don't really care much one way or another. More effort to change than to maintain the status quo.

I wouldn't remove my libido. I don't mind it being there. It doesn't distract me or cloud my relationships (when present). Also, even though I don't desire sex, I feel like removing my libido would be removing a part of myself.

non-Sushimitzu

Yes, definitly. No more craving for something that is so irrelevant. Only thing the libido is good for is joy (if it works out, that is), and joy is not what I aspire.

I do find it annoying and I honeslty am like why are you even there? <_<; You make no sense you! Yeah I would like to get rid of it just a little bit.

I want to have it removed surgical(Dorsal nerve).

Cos it makes it differcault for me to work with woman when the blood rushes.

My homemmade treatment works OK :unsure: My libido have been lowering for the last couple of months.A possitive(+) sideeffect is that my erections have been less + they aren´t long enough.

I want to have it removed surgical(Dorsal nerve).

Cos it makes it differcault for me to work with woman when the blood rushes.

My homemmade treatment works OK :unsure: My libido have been lowering for the last couple of months.A possitive(+) sideeffect is that my erections have been less + they aren´t long enough.

Homemade treatments? Could you elaborate on what you use?

5_♦♣

I used to have a libido 4-6 years ago. Then, it went away on its own. (I'm still not sure how that happened though).

Voted Yes, spiritual guidance.

Because all the others look extremely damaging to my health and well it's the kind of thing I am working on right now. I keep telling myself that masturbation is simply pleasing my physical body rather than my spirit in the same way Catholics tell themselves masturbating is a sin.

I think it would be nice to have my libido gone, but it doesn't bother me enough to actually go through with getting it removed.

Sometimes I think it's so low that I think it's almost gone or about to disappear and THEN it appears in the most unthinkable and unexpected circumstances and makes me feel uncomfortable.

Just knowing that it still exists in the remote parts of my system makes me cringe and am almost always on the lookout for where it could be hiding so i can suppress it, as I'm always trying to feel Neutral (similar to feeling NO EMOTION AT ALL/CONSTANT DISSOCIATION)

But I don't know HOW I can get rid of it, everything is so interconnected, I fear if I were to mess with one aspect of the biological system, another will be severely negatively affected (eg. especially when dealing with Neurology/nerve structures).

I'm always trying to feel Neutral (similar to feeling NO EMOTION AT ALL/CONSTANT DISSOCIATION)

This phrase interests me a great deal. Can I ask your motivations for it? That neutral emotional state is one that I am very well familiar with as I went through years of life of feeling very little, either posative or negative. I feel more now, which I view as mostly positive, though still less (I think) than most. True emotional anger is something foreign to me.

I wouldn't mind not having a libido. Not that I have much of one anyway, but there's still energy there I could use for something else. Would never consider surgery or even medications, unless there where other benefits (like no period or something) involved. I'll stick with my slightly weird quigong excercise, which has decreased my libodo during the year I've been practicing it.

For those who would opt to remove their libidos, is it a case of not enjoying the physical sensations of masturbation or would you rather just masturbate on your own terms and in your own time instead of having to worry about some physiological imperative to do so?

If that would mean I'd never again have a morning erection, then YES PLEASE REMOVE IT NAOOOO.

morning erection can ruin an entire day....

I'm always trying to feel Neutral (similar to feeling NO EMOTION AT ALL/CONSTANT DISSOCIATION)

This phrase interests me a great deal. Can I ask your motivations for it? That neutral emotional state is one that I am very well familiar with as I went through years of life of feeling very little, either posative or negative. I feel more now, which I view as mostly positive, though still less (I think) than most. True emotional anger is something foreign to me.

Hi again,

I think this desire to feel neutral or, in fact, nothing stems from a desire to control emotions and not react instantaneously as that can have bad repercussions, so I often try to dissociate myself from these emotions so I can think them through and they don't affect me so much. I mean, dissociation is not always voluntary in my case, but sometimes I don't mind it as it can give me a different perspective. Also sometimes I feel so disconnected from people and how society seems to work that I often desire the feeling to be constantly 'in my own little world' instead of having a lot of emotional ups and downs, highs and lows, as is often the case with me...

I have no libido.

But if I did, I would go with a Borg implant.

Not a bad idea :)

• 3 weeks later...

I used to have a strong libido... But now my lack thereof makes me feel alienated to myself.

mine went away by itsself a year ago but i wish it had never existed. <_<

My libido is a minor annoyance that I don't feel guilty about and I hope I never feel guilty or bad about it so I'd rather not try to get rid of it.

If I could get rid of it without any negative repercussions, I totally would. I find it incredibly annoying, especially with me being so in-between, sexually. There are many times I wish I could just make it go away and be able to ignore all of that sexual stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't get rid of my libido because, to be honest, I kind of like having it. I enjoy the fantasies that it evokes because, to me, they seem so much more pleasant than real life situations. Besides, my libido doesn't bother me that much at times when my full attention is required.

When you don't really have one to begin with, there's not much to remove.

I don't mind it sometimes. I guess I'll keep it :P

W4yland Sm1th33

I'm an artist, I need my libido to be creative :D

^^^^^^^^THIS

Having had the horrible experience of being on medication that nearly destroyed my libido, I don't ever want to go through that again. It's the engine that drives my creativity, I need it.

Grr, it's been bothering me lately. I wish I didn't have it, but I'm not willing to go so far as surgery. Pretty much anything else on the list, though. I hate the thing. When I'm not feeling it, I can think much more clearly, and the world's prettier.

Archived