How to Help a Friend

Catster

Hi.

I am an asexual, aromantic and asperger's. I have a friend who is also asperger's I have a feeling she might be a romantic ace or possibly demi sexual. She is certainlly romantic but has told me outright that she has never really enjoyed sex or being overly affectionate with her boyfriends except for possibly for the first month when she will be close to the boy. She is in a relationship at the moment and the same scenario has arisen she was interested (or at least so Dylan says) for the first month and now isn't at all. I feel from talking to her and also given that she is Asperger's she is either ace or demi (she thinks demi). Its almost like he is trying to find "reasons" there doesn't have to be reasons some people are more interested than others end of no one tells me i should be interested. He keeps saying things like Chloe should go to the doctors and stuff like that shes told me shes happy as is how do I help her and get him to realise she is ok as is?

I can imagine the difficulty of the situation... feeling sexual attraction for about a month and then never again. Ew.

Is your friend happy with it? If she is, there is no reason to go see a doctor or so. She may still do so if she wishes, but it can't be helped that sexual attraction is fluid for some people. It doesn't depend on anything else but the individual.

There's not much you can do for her, except being close to her and maybe showing her the AVEN community. I hope things work out well for her.

I can imagine the difficulty of the situation... feeling sexual attraction for about a month and then never again. Ew.

Is your friend happy with it? If she is, there is no reason to go see a doctor or so. She may still do so if she wishes, but it can't be helped that sexual attraction is fluid for some people. It doesn't depend on anything else but the individual.

There's not much you can do for her, except being close to her and maybe showing her the AVEN community. I hope things work out well for her.

As far as I understand yes she is relatively happy with it but Dylan certainly isn't hes the one trying to find "reasons" all the time oh she was on the pill, or she had an implant etc. They maybe reasons but she told me she has never really enjoyed it much.

Then her boyfriend should respect her. If it's part of her (fluid) sexual orientation, there's no real reason for her to be like this. It just "is".

They should have more dialogue and she should explain him the same things she's explained to you. Maybe they can work it out better this way.

Archived