Are your clothes revealing?

selfunit

I wear tank tops when it's hot. I do prefer comfort and if I wore clothes that covered me up all the time I'd be really uncomfortable because it can get kind of hot out here. I do like fashionable clothes, but not if it disrupts my ability to be comfortable with myself. However, I don't like getting much attention. I go with the idea that I dress for myself.

I wear tank tops when it's hot. I do prefer comfort and if I wore clothes that covered me up all the time I'd be really uncomfortable because it can get kind of hot out here. I do like fashionable clothes, but not if it disrupts my ability to be comfortable with myself. However, I don't like getting much attention. I go with the idea that I dress for myself.

First post from Iguana! Welcome, and thanks for posting.

Cheers! :cake:

Beneatheblue

I dress quite modest. I grew up a tom boy and I'm still a tom boy at the age of 29. I still wear my combat boots :). Mainly it's just a pair of jeans, boots, tee-shirt with a jacket thrown over. I also have Lupus so I wear jackets in the heat in the summer...and get odd looks from it but it beats only coming out at night like a vampire.

I feel like I don't really have a style. I dress in whatever is comfortable for me. (Since I have fibromyalgia, it's pretty much anything loose.) Since I live in Florida, that often means capris or gauchos and a tank top. I do dress conservatively for work, since I am around a lot of type-A sales people, who can sadly be a bit lecherous. :redface:

I wear mostly t-shirts and jeans and occasionally a sweater and skirt with flats. =) I plan on getting some ace shirts...

As far as actually revealing, the shirt I am wearing in my picture here is the most revealing one I have/wear.

biromanticseniorgal

Warning - long post. Won't be offended if you stop here.

I'm probably quite a bit older than most of your respondents so far but thought I'd put in my two cents since clothing (the whole look, really) has always been so important to me. I love your topic.

I tend to dress "up" for whatever the occasion. For example at school I'd wear a complete "preppy" ensemble while others dressed way too casually and it seemed to me to be very sloppy. But conversely, for my first formal dance I wore a pencil skirt, tailored blouse and medium heels while the other girls wore frilly chiffon dresses and high heels. I dressed pretty much this way (slightly off ) all through my working life as well - kind of like a conservative even though I'm very much a liberal. I was often asked "What, do you have an interview today?" For interviews, I dressed slightly "down" to ensure a better chance of getting the job and it worked for me. I know it seems like a contradiction and maybe so but that's just me - always different but in subtle ways.

I like to dress slightly feminine most of the time (like skirts instead of pants) but never anything see-through, super tight or low-cut. Everything, of course, has to coodinate well. I get crazy when I see someone with stipes and a floral pattern or worse floral and plaid - yikes!

I wear simple jewelry like one pair of earrings and maybe a watch but don't care much for other jewelry on myself or others. I've never spent a lot of money on clothes. I used to make most of my own or shop at thrift stores and make my own alterations. I still shop at thrift stores but don't make anything from scratch these days with so much available now to suit me.

I was so happy in high school when I had to start wearing glasses and have never been without them since - no contacts for this gal despite comments like "you'd look so pretty with contacts".

Since retiring I do dress more casually while at home just for convenience, like jeans, sneaks and tank tops but I still dress to the "nines" for going out, even grocery shopping. I guess I like the admiring glances I get - or maybe they just think (or know -lol) I'm a bit eccentric. Oh well.

Thanks again for your topic. This was a lot of fun.

.diva plavalaguna.

I have a few tops that show off a decent amount of cleavage, but I don't really like wearing them too often 'cause then I feel like a hoe. :lol: I'm not really sure what you'd call my style...it's a bit all over. I like jeans and skirts, especially ones that come to a bit above the knee (with tights). I have t-shirts but I will usually wear them last and instead opt for something a bit more interesting than a t-shirt.

I always cover my body up, even in the summer. I wear plaid shirts/jeans and penny loafers. I also wear t shirt/jeans and jacket/jeans. I have no style -_- .

Does your clothing reveal who you are? Is there an Ace way of dressing?

For me I keep it low keyed but I do dress different. I like to wear the Micro-fibre or spandex type of pants or skinny jeans type. When I was growing up if your clothes didn't fit you were considered poor. For me however because we moved all around the country different styles ruled and if you didnot fit in well you might as well be on Pluto. I must admit I probably have overcompensated but then again I am Ace and Androgyne and see myself as being not part of the mainstream. Now I don't dress like I'm in the Athletic thing but have instead found that my pants will go with most anything and I wear Doc Martens with them as well, I don't wear the pants with stripes on the legs-- though I own some-- instead mine are solid black and some have a slight flare in the leg. I am small framed so I really enjoy them, sometimes I will wear a Hoodie with them or just a Tee and/or my Ace sweater (That certain purple color, you know). I do have some pinstripe ones (What a find!)I wear. I have a whole group of regular clothes but I always include a little something Ace with them. So what about you? :cake: ;)

Hmmmmmmmmm Does walking around the house nude, count as an asexual dress code? LOL.

Being a nudist clothing isn't that important to me. LOL. When I go out, I just put on whatever is clean. LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

I tend to just wear t-shirts and jeans or sweatpants as much as possible. I'll occasionally wear tank tops and shorts in summer or when the heat gets to be ridiculous inside my home, but even then I'm always pulling the tank tops up and the shorts a little bit more down, because I like them to hang as low as possible without showing anything on the top and I like my shirts to cover up as much of my chest as possible. Every once in a while I'll just stop caring and wear whatever I feel like wearing that day, but I mostly stick to my t-shirt and jeans/sweatpants routine.

I think that my clothes don't reveal anything about my asexuality,I use to wear pants in winter and skirts,blouses and dresses in summer because I feel more comfortable with these type of clothes,It's cold in winter,so I wear pants and It's hot in summer,so I wear lighter clothes,but I am femenine in my clothing,I like wearing beautiful dresses,skirts and blouses in the summer,and comfortable shoes and boots in winter and comfortable sandals in the summer,because I have very delicate feet.I am very fond of jewellery too.

I've always been (and still am) a fan of the baggy, grungy look. Loose-fitting boy-cut jeans and checked shirts from the men's section of *ahem* Primark (I'm poor - it's all I can afford, k? K.)

The only annoying thing about dressing this way is the number of other females who assume that I'm only wearing baggy clothes because I "hate my feminine curves" (someone please pass me a bucket) and want to "hide them away from the world" ...which couldn't be further from the truth. Contrary to popular belief, I like my body the way it is - I just don't feel the need to share it with all and sundry.

Other than my dislike of being sexually objectified, I don't think my clothes really 'reveal' anything about me.

Archived