Don't you just want someone to cuddle up to in bed?

misscuriosity

The Vampire Queen

It's fine if I'm with the right person. I generally don't like to be touched, but there are two people I actually like cuddling with. Unfortunately, they are both incredibly hot, and squirm in their sleep >.< The best/worst time was being squished between them in a tiny dorm bed. The sensation was great... until I woke up on fire :P Maybe if we just put blankets down on the floor next time...

i hate being alone and crying myself to sleep every night alone

*hugs*

Urban_Sidhe

i hate being alone and crying myself to sleep every night alone

Yeah me too. Want to let the dog sleep with me but she's still to young...

*hug*

Yes, but I usually find myself desiring this in a parental context. I do miss cuddling with my parents in bed, and I love being able to cuddle a child and assume the role of "parent/caregiver" for my younger cousins.

Kiddies = :wub:

TheUniverse

I dont even know what I want at this point, I do wish I had someone to hug and give peck kisses to, the full mouth kiss is gross to me lol so quick peck kisses will do and also sensual touch without leading to sex. I have long hard nails which I used to caress some of my classmates arms from their hands up to their shoulders up and down slowly because it tickled them and they liked it but it wasnt sexual. I would love to have someone to trust that wouldn't led me from one thing to another just because we are touching....

my_name_is_coco

I don't mind having someone to cuddle me or for me to cuddle while I sleep...but please give me moments that I can sleep,roll over,and sleep some more on my own bed,ALONE,with my pillows and my stuffed piggy.

herpaderderderderder

I'm not really sure what I want anymore. Someone to cuddle might be nice, but who knows? I've never really cuddled with anyone, so I don't even know if I'd LIKE it. Sure, it might be nice to fall asleep next to someone, just for the sake of not being alone and feeling slightly protected.

As stupid as this might sound, I wish I had a child to take care of and fall asleep next to. I think I'd be a good mother. -sigh- Baby fever has struck again...

red_brick_dream

No, you're not strange. I feel exactly the same way. Pillows must suffice for now and fill the void, but there's nothing I relish more than cuddlng, and nothing I would like more than to have someone to share my bed with and cuddle up with at night. Especially in the winter...

*le sigh* But how does one find such a partner?

There's this guy friend I have kind of started liking, and he's single. ... I wonder if he would be willing to just lay down with me if I explain I am asexual.

I know a lot of people who are really openly affectionate, and do things all the time like embrace, cuddle, and nap all over one another. Personally I'm much more physically reticent, and don't touch or let myself be touched (even casually or non-sexually) easily. Everyone has different lines where they place their comfort levels with friendly touching, it seems like.

I would think that sleeping together (in the non-sexual way you're describing) would take a person who is pretty into a high level of physical affection with their friends. And I have no idea if this guy you like is someone who is touchy-feely on that level, or not.

You might want to observe his behavior with you and other people. Just a guess, you have a better chance he'd be into something like this if he's the kind of person who hugs his friends a lot, touches casually a lot, piles up on the couch with people, etc. On the other hand, maybe he's not physically that demonstrative, but would like someone he could cuddle up with too. And maybe he would find that in you.

Bottom line, you're not going to know till you ask, but I do think it's kind of a question/overture that is going to come out of left field and be a bit startling to him if he's not an openly physically affectionate person.

Hey, I found this website about Cuddle Party! Has anyone ever heard of it??

http://www.cuddleparty.com/rules/

Sounds like an excellent concept, if the given group is moderated as carefully as the rules would seem to describe. Are you going to try and go to one of their events in your area, and would you post about your experience if you do?

misscuriosity

Hey, I found this website about Cuddle Party! Has anyone ever heard of it??

http://www.cuddleparty.com/rules/

Sounds like an excellent concept, if the given group is moderated as carefully as the rules would seem to describe. Are you going to try and go to one of their events in your area, and would you post about your experience if you do?

Unfortunately, there's no cuddle party in my state. I will have to travel to join one.

Sylverfairi

Not at all. I don't enjoy being touched by anyone except my mother, grandmother and sister. Of course my father and grandfather too, but they wouldn't touch a 20-year-old girl except for the occasional pat on the cheek or ruffle of the hair, obviously. My mother hugs me often, and my sister practically smothers me at least once a day -_-

I revel in the solitude of my queen-sized bed at night, with a doll I don't cuddle but who sits near my pillow, and the kitten who (sometimes) sleeps at the foot of the bed. That's all I need.

I don't want to discourage you, of course -- but if you sleep next to a heterosexual man more than once or twice, he's probably gonna ask you to...you know, go further. A lesbian I know (homosexuality is prohibited by law here so she's been partner-less for a few years now) has a really great relationship with an asexual male friend of mine, though. They share a small house and I hear they even sleep together sometimes.

A lesbian I know (homosexuality is prohibited by law here so she's been partner-less for a few years now) has a really great relationship with an asexual male friend of mine, though. They share a small house and I hear they even sleep together sometimes.

Where do you live that homosexuality is illegal?

the Lady Ashuko

Apparently because when my bestie/roommate and I shared a bed (our apartment was a bit small) she often woke up with my arm or leg on her. Or occasionally with my elbow in her ear. Granted she once sneezed on my face, and once tried to kiss me, all while asleep. People are weird.

Gho St Ory Qwan

Apparently because when my bestie/roommate and I shared a bed (our apartment was a bit small) she often woke up with my arm or leg on her. Or occasionally with my elbow in her ear. Granted she once sneezed on my face, and once tried to kiss me, all while asleep. People are weird.

That sounds like the most awkward sleep lmao That's kinda cute though... People kissing in their sleep is confusing, I assume they're just acting out their dream or something..

Kathy The Highlighter

I like closeness, though I really only crave cuddles from people I have at least some sort of crush on. I do agree that it's hard to find people to cuddle with that won't think it's leading to something more, which is why I seem to wind up only getting really cuddly with someone I wouldn't mind dating a bit. I'm still not sure what shade of grey-A I am so the possibility of it getting a little sexual doesn't -bother- me, though I don't get large amounts of enjoyment from it. Kissing and such are kinda just like cuddling with lips instead of arms and bodies. My cuddle-person/possible future boyfriend and I occasionally call them "mouth-cuddles" cause of my describing it that way XD

:[ It's kind of annoying because I only met him a few months before school ended and we only started getting cuddly and such in the last few weeks of school- I go to college out-of-state and so I don't get to see him again for another month or so :P So this thread is making me miss cuddles hardcore ;-;

passionatefriend61

You guys, I got my copy of The Cuddle Sutra in the mail today and it seriously makes me so happy! Really good purchase. I hope I meet my ace partner soon, so we can use it! Or any other important companion....

You guys, I got my copy of The Cuddle Sutra in the mail today and it seriously makes me so happy! Really good purchase. I hope I meet my ace partner soon, so we can use it! Or any other important companion....

Having just flicked through a copy online, I've gotta agree. "Partners in Time" looks lovely :wub:

This thread makes me glad I have a very snuggly 16minth old baby boy to cuddle all night. I don't like other people hugging me to much but I love cuddling with my own children.

Flour Confessor

Cuddling on a couch or something is a-okay, but I can't stand sleeeping in the same bed with somebody else. Especially my bed, which is a twin bed. I just need more room than that to move around and roll over and sprawl and not worry about accidentally punching some nice girl in the face.

There are some days where I wish there was a particular person to cuddle with, other days I just relish the fact I have a bed to myself.

And all the bedclothes ;)

Gho St Ory Qwan

There are some days where I wish there was a particular person to cuddle with, other days I just relish the fact I have a bed to myself.

And all the bedclothes ;)

I am always the dominant one in the bed so I never have to worry about that.

^I could only say something like that on AVEN...

Cuddling on a couch or something is a-okay, but I can't stand sleeeping in the same bed with somebody else. Especially my bed, which is a twin bed. I just need more room than that to move around and roll over and sprawl and not worry about accidentally punching some nice girl in the face.

This. I'm not very cuddly, but it can be nice at times. I slept in the same bed with a BF several times in college and it was just uncomfortable. Arms and knees everywhere... And I like to move around a lot and stretch out my arms and legs.

I'm kinda glad I don't crave cuddling though. I can appreciate the occasional hug or something, but I don't mind having a lack of physical contact with people. My dog snuggles with me though, usually when I don't want her to (like this week, when the weather has been really hot and humid).

sexualwithasexual

Okay, now could anyone give me any suggestions, please?

1) First of all, I need to let him know that I like him more than just a friend, right? What's the best way to tell this very quiet, shy guy about how I feel? I'm afraid of ruining our new, good friendship, so I really need to figure out the best way.

2) Then, I need to tell him about my asexuality... but how can I even start?

3) Lastly, how should I start a conversation and ask him if he's willing to have a Cuddle-and-Hug friendship with me from now on? quote]

I hope he won't find me weird.

Anyone?

1. I'm sexual, maybe a good person to respond. (I love cuddling and have gay male friends for this, beyond my asexual partner - who won't cuddle when I'm not the right temperature. :lol: ) You end your first question with "right?" Well, do you really like him more than a friend? Wanting to cuddle doesn't mean it's more than a friend thing, but maybe it is. I admit, this is a little hard for me to know. But I cuddle friends I really like. But not overnight in bed. He sounds mellow and sweet and I doubt you'll lose the friendship if you talk about asexuality first. Do you think he has a crush on you?

2. I would just be direct and matter of fact. (although that may be tough). But be ready to explain, too. When I've told people that asexuality exists, they do tend to assume that it's something one gets over. I have to explain that it's a totally different sexuality like gay or straight.

3. Well, he might not be into it. But I think most people do love cuddling. Maybe say that you think having a sleep over / snuggle-fest / movie night with him would be really nice.

That's awesome! I really want a copy myself ^^

My girlfriend of course. Damn you Atlantic Ocean, damn you. >(

*cuddles lion plush* He'll have to do for now.

Recently I've been in this mood quite a bit. I have only ever hugged someone once before (that I can remember) and it was nice.

Sometimes I imagine sitting by a fireplace in the Winter cuddling with someone, listening to their heartbeat. I would only do that with someone who I knew really well.

Despite all that I generally don't like to be touched at all, which seems kinda strange.

Gho St Ory Qwan

Recently I've been in this mood quite a bit. I have only ever hugged someone once before (that I can remember) and it was nice.

Sometimes I imagine sitting by a fireplace in the Winter cuddling with someone, listening to their heartbeat. I would only do that with someone who I knew really well.

Despite all that I generally don't like to be touched at all, which seems kinda strange.

I'm very funny with touch. Normally people can just hug me and I allow it but sometimes it really makes me uncomfortable or freaks me out. I usually let people know and ask for a hug or whatever, but I think my problem is more to do with perceived restriction, not physical contact.

Archived