For 30-somethings and those around that age

test account

Strange But Not a Stranger

Chocolate, yay! It's a dangerous time at the moment here, with all them chocolate Easter eggs around. :P

Also, hi.

Another 30-something here. :D

• Like 4

@Fifi123, welcome to the 30s :cake::cake:

There is uneaten chocolate in my cupboard :twisted::twisted:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Skycaptain said:

@Fifi123ere is uneaten chocolate in my cupboard :twisted::twisted:

1 hour ago, Skycaptain said:

@Fifi123, welcome to the 30s :cake::cake:

There is uneaten chocolate in my cupboard :twisted::twisted:

Can you please pass the chocolate? :)

• Like 2

I do like me some chocolate, but I'm not at high risk during Easter season anymore, since eating solid chocolate hurts my teeth.

Diabetes means I should skip chocolate, but the really high cocoa solid stuff doesn't have too much sugar :)

• Like 1

I grew up on a steady diet of sugar. probably my biggest food group. But I rarely eat it now. I have a couple cookies most nights. (prefer the sandwich style - like Oreos... but the organic kind.) They are my "congratulations, you survived the day" reward.  I also keep a bowl of hard candies in my cubby at work. I might suck on 2 or 3 a workday. But otherwise, I eat very little sugar.

• Like 4

Sweet stuff, salty stuff, savory stuff.. it's all good in my book. :) Sweet and salty at the same time is fantastic. Dark chocolate covered pretzels, mmm. In the States, all year long seems to be a danger zone for candies. As soon as one holiday ends, the next one is already lining the shelves at the grocery. This is why I can't have a small waistline.. <_<

And hi, new mid-30's here. 

• Like 1

@klaritea, welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂 :cake::cake:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, klaritea said:

Sweet stuff, salty stuff, savory stuff.. it's all good in my book. :) Sweet and salty at the same time is fantastic. Dark chocolate covered pretzels, mmm. In the States, all year long seems to be a danger zone for candies. As soon as one holiday ends, the next one is already lining the shelves at the grocery. This is why I can't have a small waistline.. <_<

And hi, new mid-30's here. 

I'll try and USA these foods but, try Crisps (Potato Chips) dipped into chocolate sauce (made with fresh milk, not the horrible American stuff made with sour milk)

If you can get Salt and Vinegar Crisps 

• Like 1

@Andrew001 Not sure how difficult it would be to make chocolate dipped crisps. I don't buy things like that packaged.. not a fan of milk chocolates at all, and definitely not of American milk chocolates. Only bitter dark for me. ^^ There's a Euro grocery nearby that I may try for those. Thanks for the tip!

@Skycaptain thanks for the welcome! and the cakes! 

• Like 1

I was just reading an article on the difference between UK and US chocolates earlier and it all seems to come down to the way things had to be made in the early days of Hershey. Milk had to travel long distances (for the time) and would inevitably end up slightly sour by the time it was processed. Liquid milk isn't even used for a lot of chocolate these days, but that slightly soured taste has become iconic for Hershey. Also, what chocolate you are exposed to as a kid defines how your palate accepts chocolate throughout your life. So those outside the US, stay away from Hershey, but there are a lot of other American chocolates that don't go through that souring process.

• Like 1

Whilst UK chocolate has very low cocoa solids, especially compared to European chocolate 

I prefer savoury treats rather than chocolate.
Not sure why, but I've never been able to eat a lot of chocolate....I'd prefer some falafels and dip, or veggie samosas.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Spotastic said:

Liquid milk isn't even used for a lot of chocolate these days, but that slightly soured taste has become iconic for Hershey.

Perhaps this is why Hershey chocolate tastes like soap to me.

• Like 2

I'm not a big fan of chocolate (at least not chocolate candy bars. chocolate [vegan] cake, or cookies with [vegan] chocolate in them are OK)

But I will occasionally eat dark chocolate. One "endangered species" (or similar brand) chocolate bar will last me several months.

• Like 1
Harkness144

My sweet tooth is getting worse - not helped by the massive Thorntons Easter Egg I bought myself the other day. I seem to be too old for anyone else to buy me one, so I thought I’d treat myself. :D It’s going down quite well...

• Like 4

Um, hello. I used to consume legendary amounts of sugar, now it's only lots of sugar. I am definitely more a fan of milk and white chocolate. Which is just as well, I seem to be developing a mild allergy (headaches and hives) to the dark stuff. But there is a lot to be said for balancing sweet and salty snacks. An art even.

• Like 1

@keliv, balancing them is easy. In the left hand a 100g chocolate bar, in the right hand a 50g bag of crisps and a 50g bag of peanuts. Balanced perfectly :P:P

• Like 6

I need to cut back on them for my own sake. It's not weight that I'm worried about as much as getting adequate nutrition for a robust immune system. I should also try to sleep better. :mellow:

• Like 2
keep calm and carry on
On 3/26/2018 at 7:22 PM, LVG said:

I prefer dark chocolate. 

Same here. Isn't it supposed to be good for health?

• Like 1

@keep calm and carry on, welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂

• Like 2
14 hours ago, keep calm and carry on said:

30 something saying hello....

Welcome! :cake: Feel free to bring up any topic here. :)

Autumn Season

My sister lost weight from cutting out sugar. I cut out sugar even before she started, and I'm only ever gaining. <_< However she also often forgets to eat, so it does make sense. 

• Like 1
keep calm and carry on
1 hour ago, Snao Cone said:

Welcome! :cake: Feel free to bring up any topic here. :)

Thanks. FYI, I just twisted my neck trying to look at your profile photo. Should have flipped the monitor upside down instead. :lol:

• Like 2