Siblings

Metaleaf dan Blorie

How many siblings did/do you have?  

1. 1.

• I'm an only child!
    • More!

Metaleaf dan Blorie

How many brothers and sisters do you have? For the sake of argument, let's say that step-siblings count.

Me, I'm an only child. This means I'm more attached to my parents than most people I know.

What about you folks?

I have four. I'm the youngest by 10 years.

Cate

I have 11 siblings and I am the youngest. We all came from the same two parents and we were all single births.

Three siblings - older brother (21 ~almost 22), older sister (19 ~almost 20) and younger sister (15).

I have Middle Child Syndrome.

As a middle child, and probably the least fussy of all four of us, I did not need as much attention when I was a baby as my siblings did. (My dad once told me I was a "weird" baby - I woke up happy and smiling from naps. Let me tell you... I don't do that anymore. Tee hee.)

But now, looking back on it, I realise that because I didn't have as much attention as the siblings (because I was overall healthier than them oddly enough) and because I used to be of the extremely quiet disposition... I got shafted in the attention department. I think that's why one of my greatest fears is being alone.

Anyways.

2 siblings. Older brother, younger sister.

All born 2 years apart ( 2 years, one month and one week, and one year, 11 months, 3 weeks respectively).

All 5 people ( mum, dad, me, bro, sis) are all born within 2 months of each other. Very expensive.

1 brother 14mos older than me. Once I was no longer a baby and we were both just "kids" we were pretty much raised as twins. No "older" priv ileges

I have 1 older half-brother, but I was raised as an only child since we didn't live together. (And I hardly ever saw him after I was a certain age.)

So you see, I have no idea what to put poll wise. *lol*

I put down 3, since the question was worded in such a way that those who have died can be included too. (I'm not counting miscarriages.)

I was the oldest, followed about 3 years later by a brother who died as an infant.

3 years after that I had a sister, who is still very much alive and kickin'!

2 years after her arrival I had a brother, who lived to be about 33.

-Greybird

One brother, almost exactly four years younger than me.

We too get on fine... now that we no longer live in the same house!

Me, I'm an only child. This means I'm more attached to my parents than most people I know.

Ditto.

I have 1 older half-brother, but I was raised as an only child since we didn't live together. (And I hardly ever saw him after I was a certain age.)

Same here. My siblings are older than I and I don't remember ever living in the same house with them. They're all pretty close in age, though, so they're pretty close emotionally, as well, where I don't feel very connected to them at all. Then again, I don't feel particularly connected to my parents, either, so that could just be me.

Cate

I'm the oldest of 6.

brother 21

half sister dead as infant

half brother 7

half brother 5

half sister 4

i have one sister who is four years older than me. we get along fairly well despite the fact that she is a good deal more conservative than me. so are her politics. *shrug*

I chose "3," but that's including my step-sister. I have a half brother, whom I hate. My step-sister, whom I used to hate and now just don't care about either way. And a half-sister that I've only met once since I was 4, whom I don't care about either way but probably wouldn't get along with.

quietbraggadocio

I'm an only child, but I don't feel particually attached to my parents. I'm an only person.

I am the oldest; my brother is 18 moths younger than me and my sister is 8 and a half years younger.

Two sisters; vastly different from me, but astonishingly similar in some traits. Interesting to combine my male traits (out with the lads, swearing my head off and drinking beer), whilst enjoying their genteel sisterly help with my English homework and encouraging me to being a better writer, and not thinking of it as being sissy.

It was not dissimilar to living with two latter-day Emily Brontes; both sisters became English teachers and novelists, whilst combining that with raising a family. God, the shame of achieving nothing. No, actually, being brought up with two girls gave me an insight into femininity, and as hand-me-downs I really enjoyed wearing their clothes.

But an older sister who reads Shakespeare to you as a goodnght story, or who makes up things that would leave Enid Blyton gasping, surely does give a young boy some articulation, and I love both the sisters dearly.

I think that being raised with two sisters was in fact quite charming. I still go out and be boorish, and get drunk, but I do cherish that genteel side of me that stems from Diane and Fiona. Maybe they like my 'maleness', I don't know. I think it helps them to write male characters sometimes. As for me, they helped me to be a fully rounded character. As for them, well, I like to think that women like men. There are a few good ones about. And we do like women, and understand them.

I have one brother who's about a year and a half younger than me.

In terms of personality, we are almost complete opposites, but we have similar interests and tastes. We're good friends.

I got more attention as a baby, but he gets mothered for longer, so I guess it sort of balances out in the end.

One brother 20 months older than me, one brother 20 months older than him.

boa

Metaleaf dan Blorie

As an only child, I'm finding people's descriptions of their siblings fascinating . . . it's a kind of relationship I've never had, and it's interesting to feel a bit of what it's like vicariously.

Princess Brat

I have 2 younger brothers they are 7 and 9 years younger than me. They are my halfbrothers but I never think about it since we have grew up togheter and I was adopted by my father that come into my life when I was 15 months. The same minute I pressed vote I remembered that I do have 3 siblings. I have a half-sister in Norway she is 5 years younger than me and I never met here so I forget about her most of the time.

I got a few bonussisters that are quite close to me. One is living only a few minutes walk from me. Apart from the fact that we aren't in love or have sex we could as well be a couple we share almost everything. I just had to add it because it would had felt so weird otherwise.

I have good contact with my youngest brother but my other brother is autistic and mentally handicapped I loves him to pieces but he isn't interested in much contact with others.

Archived