An old thread

test account

:cake::cake::cake::cake::cake: is a necessity! Unless you prefer pie.

Even then, there are so many different kinds of cake to choose from. You have your standard cake, but you also have cheesecake, pound cake, ice cream cake, pancake, crab cake, to name but a few.

Even then, there are so many different kinds of cake to choose from. You have your standard cake, but you also have cheesecake, pound cake, ice cream cake, pancake, crab cake, to name but a few.

CRAB cake? :lol:

What? Doesn't that count? It has the word cake in it.

So does pattycake. I don't think pancake counts either. You don't frost a pancake. Although you can eat berries on it.

Cheesecake's best. cheesecake.jpg

I don't like bread, and it is not a necessity to me :P so Cake FTW :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

I don't think pancake counts either. You don't frost a pancake. Although you can eat berries on it.

... I want frosted pancake. Like, now.

This is doing a world of goodness for my schoolwork.

Asexy Existentialist

So does pattycake. I don't think pancake counts either. You don't frost a pancake. Although you can eat berries on it.

Cheesecake's best. cheesecake.jpg

You might not frost your pancakes, Sally... but this looks pretty good to me.

I agree; after all, you can't eat soup with cake, can you ...

:rolleyes: :lol:

Says who?!

After a quick look at Dictionary.com, I have come across these definitions for cake: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cake

According to this entry, pancakes and crabcakes are, indeed, cakes.

If anybody wishes to continue this debate on what is or is not cake, then I suggest we create some form of board to be responsible for the decisions. We can call it the AVEN Bureau for the Categorization and Identification of Cake, or AVENBCIC.

I just saw those as cupcakes. :D

So did I. :)

I thought part of the point about the :cake: is :cake: is better than sex (but the, I guess so is bread. :P )

(I would count crabcakes and pancakes, because they're delicious. Pattycakes, well, that still beats sex... :lol:)

In a thread all about cake, there's a joke about beefcake somewhere in there... :P

The female version of that is cheesecake, as in the photo pin-ups of movie stars which soldiers took with them to WWII. Which to me is a disgusting bastardization of the excellent true cheesecake which can be enjoyed no matter your orientation.

Let's just not think about either of those. Back to true cake (which is NOT pancakes -- no no no no no).

Back to true cake (which is NOT pancakes -- no no no no no).

But they're selling like hotcakes!

I'm totally having frosted pancakes for breakfast on my birthday. :lol:

What about potato-pancakes? Do those count? :lol:

LOL you're reading way too much into it... cake is given sorta as a treat, to high-five or give comfort. i.e. comfort food. you wouldn't give bread as a reward, unless you're a bird.

Well if we're gonna even entertain the idea of switching to bread I'm calling dibs on all the frybread and I'll make Indian tacos for everyone!!!

the frybread scene from the movie Smoke Signals

In a thread all about cake, there's a joke about beefcake somewhere in there... :P

hahaha...I'd be down to get one of these meatloaf cakes =]

Mmmmmmmm...with mashed potato icing, yummers!!

Meat-Cake.jpg

I'm totally having frosted pancakes for breakfast on my birthday. :lol:

What about potato-pancakes? Do those count? :lol:

If we're including latkes I vote we include Lefse. While it is not really truly cake like in any way. It is still awesome and has sugar.

Though. Truth be told. There are some awesome breads out there.

I know I could probably live off of Cake and Bread (And Cadbury Mini Eggs.)

Crab cakes, pancakes, and ice cream cake--yum. Some day I'll frost a pancake.

No one's mentioned funnel cake!

Asexy Existentialist

Yeah I mean bread is boring compared to cake. We want to offer something better than boring. :lol:

Clearly you haven't had the right kinds of bread! But I will agree that cake is better.

Latkes could be considered as they are eaten with sour cream and applesauce on them, which is a kind of frosting.

Those of you who insist on bread are just late bloomers who haven't met the right cake. Breadists who will someday turn into cakeists.

Archived