A reintroduction!

brontide

AVENites!

I really doubt if anyone will remember me this time (yup, done this before...oh dear) since it must have been at least a couple of years since I darkened the door of these forums, but I'm back for a couple of very good reasons!

1) Over the past year or so I've been giving interviews about asexuality with various media places (mostly newspapers). Unfortunately most of the projects were scrapped or didn't come to fruition, but my most recent interview, with the Guardian, is due to be published in their magazine supplement this Sunday. Asexual visibility means a lot to me and it's something I intend to continue doing.

2) As of tonight, I'm in a relationship with another AVENite...whose username I don't even know (we do live together, I just don't know her AVEN username, haha). This is my second asexual relationship so I just wanted to let you know that it can definitely happen if you want it to :)

Sooo, those are my reasons for coming back. As I said, I'm bad at staying active on forums but I will at least try to keep you updated if any more media stuff gets done. I'm much more active in the asexuality community on LJ; my username is feenix. I also make videos on YouTube under the username RomanceIsLost, where I basically ramble about different aspects of asexuality and try to come up with analogies (and usually fail). Haven't made one in a while due to being very busy with moving house (three times in three months...) and starting law school, but I'll get back to them in the near future.

Anyway, yes, my name is Simone, I'm 22 years old and I'm a cis girl from Manchester. I've self-identified as asexual since I was 18. Prior to that I was just confused. I've had many phases of trying to force myself into sexual situations in order to be 'normal', even as recently as two years ago, but I now feel comfortable and proud about who I am, and I hope that every asexual person out there feels the same way (or will, someday). Until recently I thought of myself as aromantic because I'm not a very physical person, but I now believe that 'romance' is so much more than physical.

If you'd like to chat please do add me on LJ/YouTube/Twitter (avarshinah). Other contact details are in my profile too :)

Hi, im new to this site so i obviously do not remember you. Well done on all the work you have been putting in on asexuality and to bring it to the media's attention. i shall buy The Guardian on Sunday to see your article and maybe leave it about for my sexual boyfriend to see. haha.

Hi, im new to this site so i obviously do not remember you. Well done on all the work you have been putting in on asexuality and to bring it to the media's attention. i shall buy The Guardian on Sunday to see your article and maybe leave it about for my sexual boyfriend to see. haha.

Hehe, good idea! :)

Archived