"You're not asexual because...[insert bullshit reason here]."

Palovana

nice ;) unfortunately it still associates aces with amoebas >.<

Yeah, true. One can definitely argue that. I just thought it to be a worthy suggestion. :)

never odd or even

Its the science students that REAlly dont get it :D more than anyone else!!

I'm doing a biology degree, don't make such sweeping statements <_<

sooorry :D tis just my experience that science students are the least receptive to asexuality. nice to know that they arent all like that!! but dont worry, i love science and nearly was a science student myself, i'm not so discriminating.... :D

I completely understand that most science students are not receptive. How do you think I feel? :P There are still some of us who are science minded here. And being here I'm always surprised to hear sweeping statements.

hurrah!! trust me i dont mean to put you into a box or anything, its just my general experience. *hug* i hope that not all science students are so non comprendi about aces!

nice ;) unfortunately it still associates aces with amoebas >.<

Yeah, true. One can definitely argue that. I just thought it to be a worthy suggestion. :)

its ok, i understand.

Here's another one I've gotten before:

"You're not asexual, because you're much too nice of a guy for women to not like you."

Ummmm... since when does asexuality have to do with whether or not someone is a nice person, or to how much of a degree others are attracted to you? <_<

sooorry :D tis just my experience that science students are the least receptive to asexuality. nice to know that they arent all like that!! but dont worry, i love science and nearly was a science student myself, i'm not so discriminating.... :D

I completely understand that most science students are not receptive. How do you think I feel? :P There are still some of us who are science minded here. And being here I'm always surprised to hear sweeping statements.

hurrah!! trust me i dont mean to put you into a box or anything, its just my general experience. *hug* i hope that not all science students are so non comprendi about aces!

The more you know... No harm done, just making sure that its well known that there are science students that know of here. I bet all the people at Uni would be confused as anything if I told them though :lol:

never odd or even

The more you know... No harm done, just making sure that its well known that there are science students that know of here. I bet all the people at Uni would be confused as anything if I told them though :lol:

yeah... i hid being ace in school until i was about to leave and only told the one dude cause he was coming on to me and i didn't want to have to deal with him :D but when i got to college i thought that if i couldn't be out about it all then i might as well wear a mask on my head and pretend to be a mime artist (metaphorically speaking) because i was never going to meet another ace that way at all, and i was sick of hiding and people not understanding why i wasn't interested in them. so i've gotten fairly comfortable discussing it, and i must say, it does feel good to be out and not hiding; even if i am the only one, i can still talk to people and be open about it.... the longer you leave these things the worse it gets trying to be open about it i think... although that is not true for everyone...

UglymanCometh

best one I've heard EVER:

"You're black... you CAN'T be asexual."

:lol:

...Huh? I don't even know how to respond to ignorance like that. Race and sexuality are two very different things, and neither have influence over the other. I could only guess as to what they were thinking to have made a comment like that; it would be news to me if another black stereotype was that we are very sexual people. Ridiculous much?:huh:

...Excuse me?

If the person who said that was for real... I don't even..!!!?

UglymanCometh

Mind you, there's a LOT of ignorant people around my neck of the woods... Detroit's not exactly known for it's brains these days

Mind you, there's a LOT of ignorant people around my neck of the woods... Detroit's not exactly known for it's brains these days

My sister understands and accepts that I'm ace, but then she lives in Royal Oak. And she is 17 years younger, and she's known that I've never had a partner of any kind.

never odd or even

oh WOW :lol: that just takes the biscuit!! or should i say cake? :lol:

SASE Icecream man

Oh, wow. That wins the trophey for the best (worst) response EVA!

normal_090325_142150.jpg

WTF??? Now this just takes ignorance to another level! :mad:

SASE Icecream man

WTF??? Now this just takes ignorance to another level! :mad:

Racisim too, don't leave that part of it out.

gosh this just confuse me more but clear up a few thing for me. I haven't told my family at all but a few friend and they seem fine with it. They didn't know what it is but once I told them, they were fine. Though I got a feeling I going to experience this one day. I try to avoid guy cuz of this issue with my family accepting it.

wow, people that dumb should not be reproducing, we really don't need another generation of morons.

No, definitely NOT!

wow, people that dumb should not be reproducing, we really don't need another generation of morons.

No, definitely NOT!

But that would mean that asexuals should reproduce... I dun wanna...

I think what purr meant was that the people who are more open and understanding of asexuality are the ones who should reproduce.

I think what purr meant was that the people who are more open and understanding of asexuality are the ones who should reproduce.

Ahaha.. True.

Asexuals just have automatically had to think of things and are (usually) accepting.

Let's not take away anyone's right to reproduce for the time being ^^ Everyone's equal, etc etc.

Ahaha.. True.

Asexuals just have automatically had to think of things and are (usually) accepting.

Let's not take away anyone's right to reproduce for the time being ^^ Everyone's equal, etc etc.

True that, just live and let live is all anyone can do. 8)

SASE Icecream man

Silly Purr. Cockroaches have survived for millions of years.

never odd or even

normal_090325_142150.jpg

:lol::lol::lol: woooo!!! *takes a bow* :lol:

HA! I wonder what that person would say to me then. I've blown the black female stereotype out of the water.

HA! I wonder what that person would say to me then. I've blown the black female stereotype out of the water.

Here's a related one I got today- "You're part latina, right? So you CAN'T be asexual!"

That person thought that they were really smart.

Here's a related one I got today- "You're part latina, right? So you CAN'T be asexual!"

That person thought that they were really smart.

Reactions like that are just bizarre. :blink: What on earth were they thinking? or apparently weren't thinking at all...

I always feel a flash of annoyance when others think I am asexual because I don't have a boyfriend, and act like there are some self esteem issues involved. Why would I feel inferior because I choose not engage in dating rituals? Yuck, this is not the case by a longshot. My confidence comes by being me, from who I am. Sheesh, I just want to ask "Do you really base that much of your confidence out of another person dating you?" End mini-rant.

Honestly though, what ever happened to tact?

SASE Icecream man

normal_090325_142150.jpg

That's a picture of an actual cake. A real cake, not just a trophey. :mellow: -> Is serous

never odd or even

normal_090325_142150.jpg

That's a picture of an actual cake. A real cake, not just a trophey. :mellow: -> Is serous

NO WAY!!! COOL!!!! i like ;) would you like some? :cake::cake:

Archived