Hello

PetitFourThoughts

PetitFourThoughts

Hi all... hmm where to begin.

I'm 22 I'm not very good at socializing, especially that first awkward introductory phase so I apologize in advance for that. I'm fairly positive that I am in fact Asexual, I've never been interested in either men or women in that way though I awkwardly tried to make little test relationships for myself growing up, they never even got as far as fooling around because usually just the physical contact would make me uncomfortable. And at one point I actually thought I had invented the term Asexual, I was just trying to define myself for myself rather than to anyone else around me because it was already pretty clear at age 12 that no one understood what I did, or rather didn't, feel.

But I've been pretty content in myself something I put down to my largely Baptist upbringing that made it seem natural not to want sex until marriage, which I had already decided I never wanted anyway; that and my very Moderate Libertarian mother. To be fair I'm pretty sure she was just relieved I wasn't acting the way she had as a teenager.

So as long as I lived at home I never bothered examining my feelings, or even brought them up, I just knew I didn't like boys, or girls, or honestly anything more intimate than hugging and it stayed that way until pretty recently.

Of course I'm just slow and inherently suspicious so I didn't just jump in here as soon as I found out that asexual was a term I hadn't in fact made up myself, no I just sort of marinated on it for one, or two... or three years. :redface: Hey, I don't like rushing into things!

Anyway I've had to consider things a lot because I recently decided that contrary to my decision as a 10 year old I might, possibly want to get married... eventually... if I can find anyone oblivious enough not to pick up on my very strong "no sex for you vibes". And enough of a glutton for punishment to bother pursuing me till I'm comfortable enough to cuddle/kiss... I'm not even sure how many dates that would take but no guy has made it that far in years.

Would you believe this is the short version of my introductory essay? :P

welcome, PetitFourThoughts. i'm honoured to be the first one to say hello--although anyone who knows me reasonably well should know why i am.

the tradition around here is to offer cake to new arrivals, but in your case i think we ought to be a little more specific.

gift-box-petits-fours.jpg

i hope you'll feel at home here; there are certainly plenty of people who can identify with your story. put your feet up and make yourself at home.

PetitFourThoughts

@ P is for... Petit Fours! Thank you very much, and petite fours for all, really I've been obsessed with the delicious little cakes since I was really little whoever decided they were only for christmas was a jerk!

@Adriatic Thank you. It's good for me that is the case, I'm such a sloth.

Archived