Hello!

Verith

Hi! I am new (er, well, obviously I guess) and have decided after some poking around to actually make an account and post.

My best friend discovered a little while ago that he is bi (or a mixture of a lot of things, anyways, it is sort of confusing), and eventually this lead me to read into different types of sexualities. For awhile I really vaguely questioned if I was straight, since I was never really attracted to guys (although I wasn't attracted to girls either so =P). Eventually I was attracted to a guy, but now that I don't have feelings for him anymore I don't feel attraction for him anymore either... so, I guess I figure I'm romantically/sometimes ascetically attracted to people, but not sexually attracted to them. I'm about as sexually attracted to guys as I am to girls which is like... basically nonexistent. I only have romantic attraction towards males though. I very much like cuddling and physical contact, although with guys it makes me freak out at times xD. I'm not sure about the whole sex thing... I don't necessarily lack sex drive but -shrug-. I'm 17 and I feel like I would totally not be ready for anything like that, so I don't know if it's just an age thing or if I actually just find the idea of sex uncomfortable in general, even though I like the idea of kissing/close physical contact and so on, unless I randomly freak out xDD

So I don't know. I just started to seriously look into asexuality earlier today, but I'm starting to rather lean towards identifying as asexual. Or if anyone has any possible ideas for what I could be "classified" as then that would be helpful too (: I'm not too worried about finding a specific title but it's sort of nice to find something to identify to.

hello. i can't remember if i read this already without saying anything in response but i think not so oh well

welcome to AVEN :) have some :cake: (i was thinking chocolate and raspberry is a good combination but i'm open to suggestions :) )

i'm sorry i have no ideas as to what you can be "classified as" to offer. but i do know what you mean about how it can sometimes help to be able to identify as something :)

then again actually no wait hang on, have you ever considered the term demisexual??

BLANK BLANK BLANK

I think only you can decide what you atre classified as. It's your identity, not ours. It's like one of us deciding what kind of cake you like. I would give you some by the way but I don't know which button to press. That's not a sexual metaphore. I mean I would give you cake but I don't know how this site works. Anyway, welcome.

Archived