Proud to be Me!

Lamium

Finally I get myself so far that I am writing this..

So Im 23 year old girl from Finland. I would say I'm a romantic asexual.

I really feel need to a relationship and intimacy, I love cuddling and all that but no sex.

I have known for long that Im not "normal" but only few years ago I realized that asexuality is a real sexuality. For now I have always heard from others that its because I have some bad memories of sex and some trauma from my young teenage years. Even my ex-boyfriend tried to get me to therapy and say that I just should try to get use to it and so on.. Yes my boyfriend was sexual, but still we had very good relationship, almost without sex, and my asexuality wasn't the reason we broke up.

Now I would like to get to know other people like me and maybe have a relationship if everything goes fine, no-one knows :)

Percy McKean

Welcome to AVEN! Have some :cake: !

We're glad you found us. It's a little crazy here; crazy meaning awesome!

Welcome to AVEN, help yourself to cake! :cake: :cake: :cake:

If acceptance and answers are what you seek, you will find them here. If good company is all you seek, theres plenty of that here too!

Finally I get myself so far that I am writing this..

So Im 23 year old girl from Finland. I would say I'm a romantic asexual.

I really feel need to a relationship and intimacy, I love cuddling and all that but no sex.

I have known for long that Im not "normal" but only few years ago I realized that asexuality is a real sexuality. For now I have always heard from others that its because I have some bad memories of sex and some trauma from my young teenage years. Even my ex-boyfriend tried to get me to therapy and say that I just should try to get use to it and so on.. Yes my boyfriend was sexual, but still we had very good relationship, almost without sex, and my asexuality wasn't the reason we broke up.

Now I would like to get to know other people like me and maybe have a relationship if everything goes fine, no-one knows :)

I'm glad that you're proud of who you are, I am just a little disturbed about your statement "I have known for long that I'm not normal" no one is normal, please don't put yourself down, you are an individual, you are entitled to have your own feelings & thoughts, I am very similar to you, I love the intimacy, cuddling etc you have in a relationship but I have no interest whatsoever in sex. Asexuality doesn't necessarily stem from your past, that's normally just a cop out answer usually for someone to put you down or something alike to that, I mean how would you describe someone that's gay? Asexuality is what comes naturally to you as an individual, in the same way that being gay is what feels right & natural for a gay person, they too are individual. Just because you don't want to have sex doesn't make you abnormal, you are an individual, be you & stay being proud of who you are.

Archived