Short Film

bearded

I was at the cinema last night, and as part of the film festival there was programme of short films, including one called 'Ho! Terrible Exteriors' by Lior Shamriz made in 2006. In it, one of the female characters in the love triangle is refered to as being asexual (around 22 min 26 sec in), there is a mention earlier that the girl has a 'problem'. The full version is here.

Now, that ending was unexpected. :blink:

I was somewhat sad about how the asexual was introduced by needing to apologize for her "problem" though. Oh well. Values dissonance, perhaps? Idk.

Now, that ending was unexpected. :blink:

I was somewhat sad about how the asexual was introduced by needing to apologize for her "problem" though. Oh well. Values dissonance, perhaps? Idk.

I thought that her "problem" was that she STOPPED being horney, not that she was asexual,

and they decide at the end that actually they don't care about it too much anyway, "even" if she is asexual.

I thought it was a happy end for them, because they survive.

When the third character calls her "asexual" while talking with her brother, I thought that it just means that she doesn't get it, because she sees everything in the prisme of reproduction and sex,

like the characters in the "nature" story in the film,

who only care about some vague "getting close to nature" idea and seeking something "natural", which is in fact meaningless to them.