anyone past 50 on here?

@Gentle Giant I didn't know you can turn it off, how do you do that?  It drives me crazy!

Congrats @Kazbe Mega Mitosis. 

@chandrakirti Good for you!  I've been thinking about biking to work.  Where I live there is no bike path and it can be dangerous.  Plus I'd have Marybeth.  We'd have to cycle on the sidewalk.   Or I may get one of those beefy push scooters.

@froglady I too have fat tire recumbent bike; however, it's a fat cat quad.  I have a video of me and my dogs on my profile page.  I'll make another one when the weather is nice.  My dogs love it!  I do too.:D    

• Like 8

@faraday☘ On an iPad, tap settings, then general, then keyboard, then find auto correction in the list and tap the slider next to it to turn it off. It will no longer be green. I don't know how to turn it off on a regular computer, but would be somewhere in keyboard settings I would think.

• Like 8
4 hours ago, Tja said:

Museums should be showcasing local artifacts/art. Unless, of course, they have been properly purchased.

Or on loan. If they only showcase local artifacts/art then I think that's a loss to the public. It's good to see stuff from all sorts of other cultures than one's own. I do agree that art and artifacts should be repatriated as much as possible.

3 hours ago, froglady said:

I'm new here and just accidentally introduced myself with 32 copies of an introduction.

Welcome and :cake: !

(I posted three copies of 1 post earlier today myself - it happens)

3 hours ago, faraday☘ said:

I wouldn't leave you behind.:D

Thanks! :D

I remember that BBT episode. I knew someone whose initials were PMS and at their university email addresses for students were their initials. They made a request to get a different address, which was granted without any pushback. 

Nice England pics, @Tja! So, are you planning another trip somewhere now that you have this one under your belt? :) 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, chandrakirti said:

I'm biking because it takes 1.5 hours to go 3 miles in the bus due to that congestion and there's a cycle path parallel to it,so what the heck!:D

Sounds good. Having a bike path is good, especially if it's separated from the auto traffic. There should be more of that!

• Like 4
28 minutes ago, daveb said:

Nice England pics, @Tja! So, are you planning another trip somewhere now that you have this one under your belt? :) 

Peer pressure? :angry: His house hasn’t even dried out yet. I think one world 🌎 tour is enough for a lifetime.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Thea2 said:

Peer pressure? :angry:

Nope.

Just thinking his trip to UK and Oz seemed like it went so well I just thought he might be thinking about more trips, because fun.

Why jump to a negative assumption?

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, Tja said:

This fall, I plan on driving up to visit  @teatree. I've always wanted to see New England in the Fall.

Yes!!! And as it gets closer, we'll see if we can get a meetup organized in your honor.

• Like 7

I really don't know how to do social stuff on line. I'm learning as I go and ,no, I can't keep up. But all the welcomes and cake are awfully nice. 

• Like 8
2 hours ago, Tja said:

this fall, I plan on driving up to visit  @teatree. I've always wanted to see New England in the Fall.

That should be fun! @teatree is cool! :D 

• Like 6

Hiya all 

We've had four consecutive bright sunny days here, which is rather suspicious *expects lots of rain before long*, and I hope not too much flora and fauna gets lulled into a false sense of security 

@Kazbe, Yays for your AVEN promotion :P

• Like 7
11 hours ago, Mocha Jo said:

Ooh, @Tja- I am not far from @teatree. Maybe I could join you!

11 hours ago, teatree said:

Yes!!! And as it gets closer, we'll see if we can get a meetup organized in your honor.

Sounds great!!!:D

• Like 5
Autumn Sunrise

Welcome,  @Mg1305 and @froglady :cake: :cake: :cake: Lots of new friends for you here! :D

I think the fifties thread must have been infected by the travel bug :lol: We (*cats*, my son and I) are planning a trip to New Zealand later in the year . . . @Midland Tyke, I might be picking your brains about NZ when we meet in March!

@faraday☘ I hope your toe is getting better, and less painful - that must be making things rather awkward for you!

@Mz Terry I'm glad to know that Little Dog is back to normal and enjoying life :D

Hope everyone's having a nice weekend!

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, Autumn Sunrise said:

I think the fifties thread must have been infected by the travel bug :lol: We (*cats*, my son and I) are planning a trip to New Zealand later in the year . . . @Midland Tyke, I might be picking your brains about NZ when we meet in March!

you might struggle to stop me talking about it whether you like it or not.... :D

• Like 7
4 hours ago, Skycaptain said:

Hiya all 

We've had four consecutive bright sunny days here, which is rather suspicious *expects lots of rain before long*, and I hope not too much flora and fauna gets lulled into a false sense of security 

Well you're obviously nowhere near Oxfordshire :P:lol: 

• Like 6
16 hours ago, Thea2 said:

Ouch. Good luck with the toe 🍀 Take it easy and procrastinate as much as possible. Be lazy, doctor’s orders 😄

Major battle with the autocorrect I see 👀 . Yes, multi posting can be so bracing 😄. Hopefully they didn’t think you were Bram Stoker 🧛‍♂️ . Yes, I do the something quite often 🤣 And what’s an oops 😬 ? Just teasing you, have a nice weekend 🌸

I made this post on my iPad, and now I see it on the library computer. And the emoji after 'Bram Stoker' that looks like a little Dracula on the iPad, here looks like a little square and little circle with an arrow. And the laughing emoji after something looks like modern art. So that's disappointing. 

• Like 7
4 hours ago, Skycaptain said:

I pay little attention to AVEN titles but I just noticed that your lettering is no longer green.  Did you retire as a Mod?  Did @Kazbe get your position?

Regardless, I sincerely appreciate all you and @Tanwen and all the other administrators and moderators do to keep things running smoothly around here. 

• Like 8
3 hours ago, Autumn Sunrise said:

I think the fifties thread must have been infected by the travel bug :lol:

Now, that's one infection I'll happily catch.-_- If someone could kindly persuade my boss to give me three extra weeks of vacation time, I'd gladly book a trip to Australia and New Zealand too. (That one may have to wait till I retire.)

My next travel adventure likely will be this fall, but to somewhere within my own hemisphere.🌎

13 hours ago, daveb said:

That should be fun! @teatree is cool! :D 

Seconded. :D

• Like 6
4 hours ago, Autumn Sunrise said:

We (*cats*, my son and I) are planning a trip to New Zealand later in the year . . . @Midland Tyke, I might be picking your brains about NZ when we meet in March!

Cool! (it won't be late April or early May will it? Might just have to take a trip to Oz one of these days)

3 hours ago, Midland Tyke said:

you might struggle to stop me talking about it whether you like it or not.... :D

:lol::D

1 hour ago, Thea2 said:

And the emoji after 'Bram Stoker' that looks like a little Dracula on the iPad, here looks like a little square and little circle with an arrow. And the laughing emoji after something looks like modern art.

I see the Dracula emoji and the laughing one (but the one right after the Dracula one shows the circle and arrow (symbol for "male"). I guess it depends on what the device you're viewing it on supports.

4 minutes ago, Semisweet said:

Now, that's one infection I'll happily catch.-_- If someone could kindly persuade my boss to give me three extra weeks of vacation time, I'd gladly book a trip to Australia and New Zealand too. (That one may have to wait till I retire.)

:D

It's snowing here right now!!! :D (only other snow we've had this Winter so far was the dusting on Christmas Eve)

I love it! (as long as I don't have to shovel or drive) :P 

• Like 6

It's fun to read about everyone's traveling and travel plans. Great pictures @Tja! Unfortunately, my traveling days are pretty much over unless I need to for something. When I took the flight from Texas to Wisconsin I had to rest most of the next day to make up for the toll it took on my body. Sometimes I feel really old. :unsure:

• Like 6
20 hours ago, Tja said:

I've always wanted to see New England in the Fall.

Me too!  It's at the top of my list, so I should warn you that I've also been pondering a trip there this fall. ^_^

So sorry about your toe, @faraday☘--that can be so painful!  I've broken a toe a few times, but am always told by the doc that there's nothing they can do (no splint)--just wear shoes and be careful.

Loved hearing about your great grandfather, @Muledeer.  I was able to read the article and do a bit of on-line searching about him and his work.  I really like photos made from glass plate negatives--they can be so beautiful.  The article was fun for me, as I recognized names and places.  I went to Brigham Young University and knew of Peter Myer (art professor at BYU; he's mentioned in the article).  I had one year-long lecture class when I was a Freshman in the art program, called "Foundations."  Each of the profs took turns giving a lecture/slideshow, etc., so we got to hear from each of them over the course of the year.

Are you still In Salt Lake, @Muledeer?  I love and miss that city!  Please kiss the streets for me.

• Like 8
3 hours ago, daveb said:

I see the Dracula emoji and the laughing one (but the one right after the Dracula one shows the circle and arrow (symbol for "male"). I guess it depends on what the device you're viewing it on supports.

Thanks for the info :cake:

• Like 5
1 hour ago, pickles mcgee said:

Me too!  It's at the top of my list, so I should warn you that I've also been pondering a trip there this fall. ^_^

@teatree said around the 3rd week of October is prime leaf viewing. Let us know when you'll be there.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, pickles mcgee said:

How far are you from teatree, @Tja?

About a 6, or 7, hour drive.  Just a hop, skip, and a jump. :P

• Like 5
6 hours ago, pickles mcgee said:

So sorry about your toe, @faraday☘--that can be so painful!  I've broken a toe a few times, but am always told by the doc that there's nothing they can do (no splint)--just wear shoes and be careful.

Yeah, that's what I thought.  I actually have been taking it off, as it's more comfortable without it.  I'll probably wear it to work as to not make it worse.  I only have one pair of boots that will fit, and they kinda look like slippers.  At least they're comfy.  

I worked on my garden some today and had a nice big salad from my recent harvest.    

I certainly enjoyed my visit with @teatree.  I hope you guys have fun!!  I'm going to have a bad case of FOMO.

• Like 9
4 hours ago, Tja said:

@teatree said around the 3rd week of October is prime leaf viewing. Let us know when you'll be there.

We head down to Maine after the Columbus Day weekend better rates. Some years we've found the colours nicer along the coast than in the mountains.

• Like 5