Interesting article in Daily Mail

Kevin Wood

I read an excellent article just yesterday, about asexuality, in the Daily Mail, October 15th. I must say I found it fascinating, and such a relief to find there are others who feel the way I do about sex. I haven’t had a girlfriend for years, as I’d started to dislike sex so much. In fact I feared it; dreaded it, to be honest. I love women, and am basically heterosexual if I’m ‘anything’ – heh, but I’ve always had a problem with not wanting sex.

It must be very difficult for women who feel like this too, as most relationships seem to ‘demand’ it at some stage or another. In fact, without some sort of honesty, you could get two people just putting up with some perfunctory sex, and not enjoying it at all, just because that’s what one is supposed to do. Ridiculous.

By the way my name’s Kevin and I live in the North East of England. I haven’t read that far into the minutiae of this site yet, but it’s very interesting so far, and certainly very relevant to me.

The press article in the Daily Mail, was about asexuality, generally, and not about this site as such. The article was well-written, quite sympathetic, and centred round one young woman who obviously was asexual. She explained her feelings very well, and mentioned that she found AVEN, a very good website, so I thought I’d take a look. She’s right, it’s superb. I’m off to have a look round it again. Cheers for now.

Kev

Hi,

I found AVEN through the papers yesterday too. Something about the article resonated in me so I came along and finally found people like me. I am in the North-east too...Durham to be precise.

I am 20 year old Student who's so far survived without too many people yelling PRUDE in my direction. Hope to be able to carry on as such.

Anywhoo lovely to meet you!

Live R Perfect

Welcome to AVEN Kevin! :D

I'm the guy they were talking about at the end of that article. I'm so glad that it struck a chord with you and brought you here :wink:

Hello Kevin

Like you I love being with attractive women.I had a really good night out with a beautiful lady friend yesterday evening and I almost admitted being asexual to her but even after drinking wine, champagne and pints of Carlsberg for most of the day I only admitted to 'not being particularly interested' in sex.

Still, I have managed to 'come out' to a couple of other people recently.

Welcome to AVEN

:)

Colin.

Welcome to AVEN Kevin! :D

I'm the guy they were talking about at the end of that article. I'm so glad that it struck a chord with you and brought you here :wink:

Thanks Karl. Of course I read your piece too in the article - it was very well expounded; it's not the easiest thing in the world to explain. Probably not the easiest concept for others to grasp too, if they're not one of our coterie. It will be interesting to see if there are any letters to the Mail, following the article. If I spot any, I'll let you know.

Kev

Hi,

I found AVEN through the papers yesterday too. Something about the article resonated in me so I came along and finally found people like me. I am in the North-east too...Durham to be precise.

I am 20 year old Student who's so far survived without too many people yelling PRUDE in my direction. Hope to be able to carry on as such.

Anywhoo lovely to meet you!

Nice to meet you too. A Dunelmian? (I think that's the sobriquet for Durham people). I know Durham very well; lovely place.

Thanks for your greeting; you sound very nice.

Woot!

Welcome Kevin! Nice to have you around!

*does the WoMBaT Dance!*

Welcome to AVEN! :wink:

Woot!

Welcome Kevin! Nice to have you around!

*does the WoMBaT Dance!*

Welcome to AVEN! :wink:

Thanks very much Mr Wombat; it's nice to be here. Mind you at my age it's nice to be anywhere. I like the dancing Wombat; I understand it auditioned for the lead part in the remake of 'Singing in the Rain'.

Well it rained all day here, so I got the part myself. Just call me Genious Kelly, I suppose.

Well it's time for me to disappear to the pub. I only drink to steady my nerves; sometimes I get so steady, I can't move.

Thanks for the welcome; jolly decent of you. I'll be back treading the boards tomorrow I should think, so see you around these parts at some stage, or on one.

Regards,

Kev

Archived