*steps shyly in the door*

jaeska

Hello, I'm Lane. I'm a 21-year-old transman and I live in Indiana currently (though I hail from and am moving back to Seattle), about a 3 hour train ride from Chicago. I'm complicated (though I'm sure reading here will make me feel less alone) because I'm gay AND I'm 100% asexual. No one really believes me on that mark, I usually get "how can you be gay AND asexual?" I don't know, but I am. Only a few people in my life know I'm asexual, and those people guessed based on my reactions to talk about sex and things relating to it. Most would just call me a prude. Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. But I'm definitely asexual and gay. Most people don't get how you could not be interested in sex and be gay, since gay men are notorious for being sexual creatures but...here I am.

I've pretty much given up hope of ever finding a partner. I've never dated in my life because I'm so afraid what everyone wants from me is what I can't give them.

Hi!

Welcome to AVEN. I hope you find what you're looking for.

We've got "gay" asexuals here. We separate romantic orientation and sexual orientation. So a gay asexual would be a homo-romantic asexual. It can get complicated but that's the basis.

Don't give up looking for love. You're still young! There's been some AVEN weddings so you never know. ;) *subtly points out the Meetup Mart* Plus there's some asexual dating sites up and running. There's been some success stories.

Now what's a welcome without some :cake:? :)

Have fun.

So a gay asexual would be a homo-romantic asexual. It can get complicated but that's the basis.

Now THAT'S a good term. I'm going to have to remember that next time someone starts questioning me. :blush:

Thanks!

Hey, Lane :-)

I'm a 49 yr old (asexual) female married 21 yrs. At 1st glance it doesn't seem like we have much in common, does it? lol Here's my take on it-gay or straight is which gender you're socially, phycologically & mentally attracted to. Not *sexually* attracted to-that's a whole nother ballgame. It's more who you feel the most comfortable with and want to share thoughts, emotions and (if you're lucky) your life with. Asexual (to me) just means you have no desire to share sexual feelings with another human (of either sex). You may or may not have sexual feelings, it's different with each asexual. If you do you'd 'take care of business' yourself & if you don't then you don't. It's all good and it's all ok.

That's my take anyway and it's every bit as natural/normal/sane to be gay & asexual as it is straight & asexual.

Oh, and welcome!

my response to your thread title is *pulls jaeska into aven and makes a big entrance* :D

hope you find aven helpful :)

:cake:

Welcome to AVEN! <3 Have some :cake: I'm sure you'll make lots of friends here. :3

Archived