Life companion?

mimi212

1. 1. What kind of life companion do you want?

• Significant other
    • Child, adoptive/biological
    • Family member
    • Pet animal
    • Other
    • Nothing!

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm sure that many of you don't like to live alone,which can make you very bored! If you want a life companion, what would it be?

It would be an adoptive child for me because I would feel closer to my child (and vice versa) than an adult partner. For me, a parent-child relationship is much more worthy than a significant-other relationship.

Definitely the parent / child route, I guess for the same reasons. It's part of the reason I hesitate to call myself heteroromantic, as really, being a single father is all I desire in companionship it seems.

That said, I'm perfectly happy living alone, but do see kid(s) in my not too distant future.

I said significant other.

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure. Though, pets, family and friends are good too.

I can't pick between Family Member or Significant Other.....

In my situation it could go either way, and I'd probably be happy either way.

Guah! I don't know which one to pick! ><

I find as I am getting older I tell my self the worst is over so I can be more chilled out, on most things I am

On those things I feel strongly about..no budging what so ever, So I think that I would have trouble finding a compatable Asexual or not

nothing really. I mean family could sort of count, but I wouldn't live with them. I could also adopt a child as well. Possibly...

Not significant other or pet, though!

heatdissipation

I chose 'significant other', but ideally, why not an option for 'all of the above'?

Narrowing down certainly seems limiting at this time in my life.

Other. Because I hate the term 'Significant Other' because it's semantically meaningless. How's about awesome prettyfullest girl in the world ever, sound?

AFlyingPiglet

I put 'other'. I have a really good friend who wanted to marry me, but not being sexually or romantically attracted to him, I felt this wasn't such a good idea. This friend is like a soul mate and I remember thinking, I don't want to be your partner or wife, but I wouldn't mind moving in with you and being your housekeeper!

I don't mind the company and although I answered 'other', I think realistically 'Nothing' is my answer, and that's fine.

I couldn't stand with living with another person, I think.

But I would like some lifelong partner/friend

so I voted 'other'

• 2 weeks later...

Postively nothing. Many people I come across are too nosey and they want to ask you many questions. I just want a little space in life.

Other. Because I hate the term 'Significant Other' because it's semantically meaningless. How's about awesome prettyfullest girl in the world ever, sound?

You're going to have to do a lot of hypercynical posts to get past that one, Fish.

For me an ideal relationship now would not to live with someone but both have our own place and have a life together that allows our own space and couple time.

I'm far to set in my ways to share anymore

I would choose multiple options. (I'd like to be married and have children one day.)

But if I could only have ONE... I think I'd go with animal, simply because their love is unconditional.

I picked the significant other although I don't see it very likely to happen right now. Whenever I've settled down I'll get a cat to accompany me :)

I would be in a world of hurt if I needed a life companion.

I would choose "significant other" were the opportunity to arise, although the most I can realistically expect would be a pet animal - I'd get a cat.

CrazyCatLover

Imaginary significant other?

Seriously, I can't decide between having a cat(s) or a significant other. Both are quite appealing.

I definitely don't want a family member or child as a life companion. Actually, come to think of it, I'm not even positive that I want a life companion. (But I do love kitties)

I picked other, simply because I don't know how down with a SO I would really be. Hmmm, but a minion to do my bidding would be handy, any takers? :lol:

I voted pet! :D Although part of me would like a human companion too, I just don't know what kind. (If personally find human relationships more rewarding at times, maybe coz they're human)

I've recently realized I may be aromantic and to be honest i've always had a hard time picturing myself with a male or female companion - just too much of a faff and I don't feel driven to find a partner.

I'm not sure about kids. Part of me would like them, but I often think that may be for purely selfish reasons, but i'd prob adopt (pregnancy scares me) but I may change my mind once my body clock starts a'tickin :rolleyes:

I've often thought it'd be nice to share with my sister, although I doubt that'd be long term :( Also, as lame as it sounds, i'd love to just live with my folks, not in a parasitic kinda way :D I just love being round them as people, regardless of them being my parents. I'd also like to take care of them when they are old and crinkly :blush:

Edit: Aww CRAP! Just realized there was a "family member" option, serves me right for rushing <_<

CreakyKeegan

I did say significant other, even though I plan on adopting a kid or two in the future.

Which would also imply family would be one I'd like too.

And I'd also like a pet.

But significant other comes first.

Yep, I want to be one of those "Normal" folk.

It's weird. Normal is what I've been seeking as of late.

A normal life, working a normal job, doing normal things, wearing normal clothes.

>.<

Archived