AVEN Digest - 12th January 2009

Cicero

AVEN Digest - 12th January 2009

Happy New Year everyone!

I've been away over the holidays so this is a bit of a mini-Digest while I catch up with what's been going on in the world of AVEN. As you are no doubt aware, probably the biggest thing to mention is the redesign of AVEN's front page! I've only had a brief look so far but it's looking very sleek and stylish, so check it out if you haven't done so yet. Many thanks and congratulations to AVENguy, Coleslaw and ghosts for all their hard work on it.

If you've had a look at the new front page you might have spotted a section for the Digest. I'll be updating that in due course.

Another returning feature on the front page is the Post of the Week. The current Post of the Week is from DiscoBison, on life as an asexual male, from this thread about the differences in discrimination for men and women.

DSM Update:

In other news, here is an update on the DSM Taskforce, charged with making recommendations for the latest version of the document outlining what constitutes psychological disorders. As far as asexuals are concerned, the main aim is to have a recognised distinction between asexuality and Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD).

DSM update: http://www.asexuality.org/en/index.php?showtopic=36841

Archived