People are ignorant

In_Omnia_Paratus

In_Omnia_Paratus

ok so, people who use msn you get that msn today popup right? so every so often when Im bored I will actually read the featured article.

today the artical was about Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, and showing some couples who might end up being in their "Status level" of lovey-dovey-ness.

and someone posted talking about a couple of celebrities who they percieved as homosexual (sadly in a rude and derogitory way.)

but then! someone posted to reply:

"i dont think j.c. and chace are gay i mean come on people why would 2 CELEBRITIES want 2 be gay"

thats a direct quote.

It actually made me cry.

HOW CAN PEOPLE BE SO F*CKING STUPID?!?! WHY IS IT JUST BECAUSE ITS NOT HOW YOU FEEL

IT MUST MEAN THEY ARE DOING IT ON PURPOSE?!!?@#?

IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE PUNCHING SOMEONE IN THE FACE.

I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!

HOW CAN THEY BE SO IGNORANT AND STUPID AND RUDE AND SELFISH.

I would be lying if I said I didnt want the poster to get hit by a Semi.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Yeah, I know what you mean...whenever I come across that kind of comments online I'm always thinking "WTF, are those people for real? Are they truly that stupid?" How someone can be that ignorant is beyond me. Keep in mind, though, that the person who wrote this was probably an immature twelve year old kid who doesn't even understand the real meaning of the word homosexual....

Yeah some of those MSN news articles can be weird..I usually read the ones that catch my interest. Todays one was about marrying and having sex with robots and I thought "wtf? WTH?!" ooooh nollers....

asexysjsfan

Think about it this way, the only people that read those articles and comment on them are the people who use MSN messenger a lot. The majority of people who use MSN messenger a lot are preteen and teenage morons who know nothing about homosexuality (as the previous poster suggested).

Now if you were more of an optimist, you would look at that kid's statement and think "Perhaps they're referring to the fact that a celebrity would get embarrassing news coverage that might endanger their career, so they would find it beneficial to stay in the closet." But that's probably not true. On the other hand, before Ellen Degeneris (sp?) came out, she was casted in many mainstream movies where she was a straight main character, but when she came out, she lost all of those roles. I can't imagine coming out would be beneficial to many homosexual celebrities, unless they are smart enough to take advantage of it (like Ellen).

ok so, people who use msn you get that msn today popup right? so every so often when Im bored I will actually read the featured article.

today the artical was about Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, and showing some couples who might end up being in their "Status level" of lovey-dovey-ness.

and someone posted talking about a couple of celebrities who they percieved as homosexual (sadly in a rude and derogitory way.)

but then! someone posted to reply:

"i dont think j.c. and chace are gay i mean come on people why would 2 CELEBRITIES want 2 be gay"

thats a direct quote.

It actually made me cry.

HOW CAN PEOPLE BE SO F*CKING STUPID?!?! WHY IS IT JUST BECAUSE ITS NOT HOW YOU FEEL

IT MUST MEAN THEY ARE DOING IT ON PURPOSE?!!?@#?

IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE PUNCHING SOMEONE IN THE FACE.

I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!

HOW CAN THEY BE SO IGNORANT AND STUPID AND RUDE AND SELFISH.

I would be lying if I said I didnt want the poster to get hit by a Semi.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

*goes to the screen like a football commentator with one of those snazzy electronic pens*

circles the letter "i": you notice their absense of a upper case letter...a common mistake made by many but to those who are educated, this denotes and absense of basic, grade 1 knowledge of how to write the word "I".

circles the names: Again, the absense of upper cases holds more evidence that they weren't paying attention to the teacher, who, when they were six years old told them that proper names started with an upper case.

circles the second lower case "i": we've talked about this, makes several circles where the commas should be* and notice the lack of punctuation, right down to the very last one...or rather, where there isn't one but there should be a question mark.

backtracks and circles the numbers: notice the juvenile confusion between the number 2 and the word 'to'. While spoken, the two (2) sound similar but it is clear that when it's written, the original writer knows not the difference.

This is something that would make a person suspect that the writer of this is under the age of 12 or at least trying to appear so.

*continues on to the lines all in upper case*

Now, unlike the writer above it, this person doesn't know when to employ lower case letters correctly, or punctuation (or even the proper punctuation). And clearly, the violent thought it generates is an indication that they let things that random strangers to disturb them far more than what is healthy. Perhaps, while trying to illustrate a point, they have chosen to demonstrate a few points of their own.

All kidding aside, if the comments disturb you to the point where you want to punch someone in the face or for them to be run over by a truck then you really need to take an anger management course. It's a random stranger giving his/her opinion - not to mention, like you said, perhaps s/he is doing this to get attention. His/her comments mean nothing to anyone, especially the people that they're aimed at. Punching someone in the face is not a very effective way of getting a message across. It's no crime to be uninformed about homosexuality but it is to punch someone in the face.

Archived