The Androgynous Look

Sammie

Fruits Basket, anyone? That anime/manga is filled with androgynous characters: Momiji, Yuki, Ayame, Ritsu, Akito...

Momiji

Momiji-Sohma-momiji-sohma-17373150-400-290.jpg

Yuki

1129172780_uresyuki22.jpg

Btw, I love this thread.

A new Taiwanese singer, Jing Zhang that I just recently discovered. She has such beautiful singing voice! Oddly, her speaking voice is very deep compared to her singing voice. In an interview, she stated that she's never had long hair since she was a child and the way she's dressed is what she's most comfortable in.

6b9aa0e5tw1dfu9szla1yj.jpg

227660_196187643757829_145593938817200_479307_2821272_n.jpg

tumblr_l3f4c9LqSF1qc4tl0o1_500.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if anyones posted this one yet, (I checked the search and I don't think so) but the Fourth and Fifth Doctor's companion Adric is pretty androgynous.

pirate_adric.jpg

Adric_pirate.jpg

Adric.jpg

250px-Adric_-_Earthshock.jpg

Great Thief Yatagarasu

Fruits Basket, anyone? That anime/manga is filled with androgynous characters: Momiji, Yuki, Ayame, Ritsu, Akito...

Momiji

Yuki

Btw, I love this thread.

Yu-Gi-Oh! is a bit like this as well. Marik and Bakura, anyone?

Reformed_marik.jpg

yami_bakura.jpg

Needless to say, their prettiness makes them very popular with the fangirls, and their popularity is made fun of in the Abridged Series.

Strangely, while he doesn't LOOK androgynous (he looks like your average fabulous gay boy), Chris Colfer has a VERY androgynous voice. It takes a few seconds for your brain to realise that it's actually a man singing.

Saineolaí

Annie Lennox is a beautiful woman. And also a beautiful man!

(Urg, image link not working!)

Saineolaí

Momiji

Yuki

Ah yes. No better manga for a game of "Guess the Gender!" :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Taken in London last October:

full.jpg

THE SHOES! Those shoes are totally awesome. I need a pair. You look (fabulous? beautiful?) enticing, by the way.

I am glad I saw this topic pop up since I have been super excited to discover this Taiwanese girl group, MissTER. This song has been stuck in my head, and I love every second of it. Haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvlMbHnbzeM

I have always liked male Asian pop groups, and that look has always appealed to me since in my opinion the androgynous look is what I like, on either males or females. But I would probably be more interested in a relationship with an androgynous female than a male.

I really like the fitted males clothes on bodies that are trim and don't have too much muscle, short hair, but not too short, but I do love the curve of a feminine jaw line in combination with all of the other things. I know for sure that I never liked men, like manly men, huge muscles, body hair, bass deep voices. Just based on an aesthetic sense, instead I thought that boyishness was a lot cuter than manliness. And on the other end, while a very feminine woman does look nice, having a high voice, huge obvious boobs, and a tiny waist seems a bit freakish to me. For me I have always been a bit taken with tomboys.

This is me! I do not feel very feminine, but eh I dress girly and love my makeup!

I find andrgoyny to be the most attractive .. I do find girls very pretty ,though, but not necessarily as attractive.

I like to take pictures of myself XDD

black_hair_by_eartianwerewolf-d4cqa9a.jpg

I also love Annie Lennox and Yeah Wynona Ryder with short hair like in Girl, Interrupted. ..

I am glad I saw this topic pop up since I have been super excited to discover this Taiwanese girl group, MissTER. This song has been stuck in my head, and I love every second of it. Haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvlMbHnbzeM

I have always liked male Asian pop groups, and that look has always appealed to me since in my opinion the androgynous look is what I like, on either males or females. But I would probably be more interested in a relationship with an androgynous female than a male.

I never heard of them! I need to check this group out!

Here's a few of youtube mvs of Jing - I've been obsessed for the past couple of months listening to her songs.

You can't post MISSTER <3 without Amber.

I'm primarily interested in Japanese boybands who my friends think are girls and then there's Amber who the same friends think is a boy.

I'm only offended at the way it's said. The fact that they transgress percieved notions of gender excites me greatly.

I also wanted to say Andrej Pejic is one of the most beautiful people alive. There are no words.

Sorry for spam but Kuroyuri from 07 Ghost is non gender-specified and adorable <3 kuroyuri.gif

And of course, Chloe Sevigny in If These Walls Could Talk 2

tumblr_l9oxqg2f3V1qz4fl8o1_400.jpgtumblr_lj0nucU1ZD1qexu9to1_500.jpg

You can't post MISSTER <3 without Amber.

I'm primarily interested in Japanese boybands who my friends think are girls and then there's Amber who the same friends think is a boy.

I'm only offended at the way it's said. The fact that they transgress percieved notions of gender excites me greatly.

Oh, Amber is awesome. I really like Korean groups, I love the dancing and the style of the male groups, and for the female groups it seems like they are all the same. Amber is a gem. Her family is from Tawian, therefore I believe that Taiwan's greatest export is now cute androgynous female musicians. It has to be between Amber, MissTER and Jing. I need to pay more attention to Taiwan now. ;) Haha.

Also, I did look up Andrej Pejic and he is absolutely beautiful.

If we're doing anime and manga, then LEERON! <3

leeron%20ref.jpg

Or rather, he doesn't even look like a human. Oh well.

• 3 weeks later...
Great Thief Yatagarasu

Welcome to the Matrix

1542069_ca46_625x1000.jpg

Holy CRAP, is that Keanu Reeves?!

I introduce to you Sue Sylvester:

article-2029605-0D8F045F00000578-7_306x398.jpg

Archived