Okay, who has NO tattoos at all?

cijay

I have no piercings and no tattoos and I don't want any. They seem unnecessary (and even scary if they're too many) to me. :unsure:

Standard pierced ears and I used to toy with the idea of having my blood group tattooed somewhere in case of an emergency, but couldn't decide where as everywhere I thought of that would be immediately obvious to doctors could be amputated in an accident. So I didn't. But I love watching 'Miami Ink'

Tan

Well... right over your heart maybe... after all, if that's been amputated, you have bigger things to worry about...

I like tattoos on other people, I think they can look pretty cool.

However, I would never get one myself.

My feelings exactly.

I have two peircings in each ear, but I don't much care for more than that or to have them anywhere else (unless its a character in one of my novels)

theimpossiblek

**raises hand**

Permanent tattoos don't appeal to me. Henna, however... that can be fun. I like the designs. :)

I don't understand why people get tattoos, unless they use them to cheat on an exam. Why not pick a design and get it on a tshirt?

I thought Judaism forbade tattoos even prior to the holocaust.

No piercings either, though I do have a couple of holes in my nose.

Don't have any, and I'm 95% sure I will never get one. I can't imagine being that sure of anything.

borrowedTime

I have no tattoos and plan never to have any. Especially as they fade / deteriorate with age.

Pierced ears are OK, but I don't have any plans to get those or any other piercings. Partly because I'd be worried about something catching on them and ripping out a bit of my flesh...

Clean from tattoos and piercings here, can't say I feel any need for them either. Especially not piercings for the same reasons as the above post, it could get painful and I would lose efficiency if I had to take piercings into consideration in certain situations. I can't even wear a wristwatch without it getting stuck somewhere.

I think it's cool to see that stuff on other people however, the more of it the better the eyecandy. :)

When I turn 18 im gonna tatoo myself like darth maul.
That'd be pretty cool.
I thought Judaism forbade tattoos even prior to the holocaust.

I'm not sure. It's just what my mom tells me.

I actually think tattoos are really cool, but even if they were allowed, I'd be too chicken to get one...

ZombieSlayer54

I find tattoos and piercings on other people to be extremely unappealing. They just... I dunno.

I would never consider getting tattoed or pierced myself, either.

I would never get one either, it just doesn't appeal to me at all. If someone just has a small tattoo it looks alright but I think when someone has them all over their body like David Beckham it just looks ridiculous. I do know a lot of people with tattoos. It seems like people who don't have them are in the minority!

**raises hand**

Permanent tattoos don't appeal to me. Henna, however... that can be fun. I like the designs. :)

Yes, hennas are different because they're not tattooed - I get those done, too.

No tattoo for me and no plans to get any. I think they may look nice on others (depends on the tattoo design but that's a question of taste) but not on me!

Definitely no tattoos, ever! Ink is made for paper, not to be injected under the skin.

I have two piercings in each ear, the first ones for 34 years and the second set for 25 years. They all try to close up when I don't wear earrings for a day or so, I guess my body doesn't believe holes are natural.

Shrine Maiden

Don't have any tattoos but I love them. When younger I planned on tattooing both hips with immense asian dragon designs but I wisely refrained since I know I'd have regretted it and wanted something else in the future. I'm also afraid of getting some infection via the needles, nevermind that they're sterilized. My eternal paranoia won out.

Piercings are one thing I'd never do though. The earring piercings in my ear closed up since I no longer wear accessories. I'm always afraid they'll get stuck somewhere and pull on my ear. Double score for my paranoia. :lol:

::lines up in the growing line of non-tatoo peoples::

Although my view of them is very similar to Greybird's, but on my ankle only. If I find a design I like, a small one, maybe. But no tatoos currently.

I'm a bit amused by this practice of painting the human body, as i am by many things that people do. I'm a bit annoyed however by the linked permanence.

I don't have any tattoos or piercings and don't have any plans on getting any, though I wouldn't be entirely closed to the idea. I might think about getting one if I were to find something meaningful, but it would have to be something really outstanding. I generally don't mind tattoos on other people, it's just the ones who go out and get a tattoo just to have a tattoo that baffle me. Particularly when it's some mindless design like stars or hearts or rainbows. If you want arts and crafts plastered to your body, go inject yourself with glitter.

Revenge of Rain

If I were to get a tattoo it would have to be something that covered my whole body (or not entirely, but was itself complete with my body, you know?). Something like Japanese erizumi. I've also found Maori facial tattoos very intriguing and I guess that can be complete as the face is a separate and important thing in itself, but those have meaning foreign to me and are also sexist in nature. Also I like being able to avoid a lot of attention by being able to look sort of normal.

I used to toy with the idea of having my blood group tattooed somewhere in case of an emergency, but couldn't decide where as everywhere I thought of that would be immediately obvious to doctors could be amputated in an accident. So I didn't.
Oops! - Tattooed blood groups have some bad taste in Germany. Waffen SS (Nazi indoctrinated elite WW2 military) used to have them somewhere. - Left armpit? - It kept those guys fighting a bit more desperately since they had to fear Russians more than blank soldiers. Getting a tat in their style would be a political statement I'd really love to avoid.

Here I have nothing. During my punk days I hadn't funds to get my ears pierced. - I pondered getting a small tattoo 10 years ago and let it be. I'm happy from hindsight, since it would already be slightly outdated due to disenchantment. (It was a brand's logo)

Some of my nasty friends could probably come up with the advice that a medium tattoo's cost could supply me with enough t-shirts to wear only ones without holes for a entire decade and that investment would improve my looks and reputation way more...

Wow. I am not the only one without a tat. I think that they are cool, but have no plans on tannin' my hide.

I have the typical single piercing in each earlobe, though. Perhaps most girls my age do too.

I got my ears pierced when I was 10 I think, because all my friends had them and, you know, conformity struck me.

I stopped bothering with them when I was about 13, and the holes have closed up completely, now I just have freaky looking dents in my earlobes.

Zero, for me there is nothing as vile as beautiful skin defiled with some horrendous monstrosity.

Asterion Orestes

Never had nor wanted any. Now the Edinburgh Military Tattoo--that might interest me. 8)

I'm a bit amused by this practice of painting the human body, as i am by many things that people do. I'm a bit annoyed however by the linked permanence.

Yes, body painting in any form is harmless and temporary. Tattooing is a totally different thing. A lot of what I think about (and it shouldn't concern me really) is these people in the old folks' homes and every time an attendant has to change a guy's Depends and wipe his bum she has to read 'The Big One' or something like that. I saw a lady with a big scorpion tattooed on the side of her bald head. Just wait 30 years and try to cover THAT with a blue rinse, dearie!

Archived