Does girl stuff gross you out?

I don't like being a woman. I don't like breasts. I dispise mine. I have an Obsessive Picking Disorder, which is a type of OCD, which formed out of anxiety, and my chest is often the victim.

I wear sports bras ... the firmer the better. I like little to no movement. I also wear boxers instead of women's underwear. I don't see why girls can't wearboxers too.

What's gross is how much it cost for a good bra. I like wearing them and shopping for them (more so than other clothes). I don't like frills, because it's not my preferred style. Though I'm a conservative dresser, I have a rather nice looking body and love to look good.

Demacrux (emi star...)

girl stuff does freak me out a bit..especially..my cycle..-_- the idea of me bleeding once a month is just disgusting and horrifying and buying bras isn't too pleasant either because i happen to be rather "well-endowed"..ick just annoying to me

Stuff like bras, tampons, underwear/thongs, that sort of thing... This is mainly a question for girls, but does it gross you out, or freak you out, or anything?

No, underwear doesn't freak me out at all. I wear minimizer bras (since I'm a DD) and practical cotton hi-cuts, and neither freak me out. You couldn't pay me to wear a thong, though. Whoever came up with those things needs to be drawn and quartered.

Tampons do freak me out, though. The thought of anything going "up there" makes me want to faint. I've done just fine with pads for the past 21 years, and I'll do just fine with those for the next 21, thank you very much.

As for "girly" things in general, they don't freak me out, but I don't particularly care for them. I rarely wear make-up, I never wear jewelry, and you'd be hard-pressed to find me in a skirt other than for big meetings at work and such. Just because you're female, you don't have to embrace everything that's made for females. I sure don't, and it sounds like many of the other women on this board don't, either.

I think my asexuality has the opposite effect on me, because I don't experience pleasure from sex, I don't take it seriously at all and tend to view us as all just a bunch of humans so I've never had a problem being open about those things. I personally don't see how a bra could disgust someone, but there are more toilet things associated with the other things listed so it's more understandable. Otherwise, I agree with Filmfan completely, my ex suggested I wore makeup before, I was very annoyed.

AFlyingPiglet

Yeh, I can relate to this. It does freak me out but I deal with it by blanking it out of my mind a lot of the time. The thing I really hate is when they have adverts on the TV for sanitary products - tampons or pads. Is it really necessary to advertise them on the TV? These adverts make me want to throw up.

When i first had to wear bras and bleed, of course it grossed me out! However I accepted it. I love pretty lacy underwear just because it looks pretty and bleeding doesn't gross me out. Tampons i can't do. My GYN told me to use tampons to make her job easier so if i plan on seeing her again then i will but really. Not a fan of sticking things in me. OR the DR for that matter! Won't go into that. Thongs i don't do either because a string up my ass is just not gonna fly. haha That ends that TMI session.

i really like all the frilly lacey silky stuff to be honest. i think its really pretty, and personally i think im blessed with the type of body that looks good in it. i love dressing up and looking pretty, although its usually in alternative clothing that most people wouldnt consider dressy or pretty, but thats just my style. but then, on the opposite end, i never shave. i never shave anything. i dont like doing it, i dont like the way it feels... i dont even really prefer the way it looks. im just fine being hairy. i get weird looks and comments for it sometimes, but i really dont care.

i dont wear deoderant and i rarely shower. i never even wash my hands. i dont know if it has anything to do with any of this, but i feel really uncomfortable when im clean. i would much prefer to be covered in filth. ugh... im sure everyone is disgusted by me now, but i want to be able to be really honest here...

as for pads and tampons, i use neither. i bleed very little, so i just wedge in a little bit of toilet paper and it comes out in the toilet when i use the bathroom. its cheap and effective, but not very usefull if you bleed any more than i do, which is probably everybody in here...

hey just wanted to say you're not gross, at least I don't think you are. I also don't use deodorant or shave. I wash my armpits most days and subsequently don't smell so deodorant is kind of unecessary. I also like hairy women, I think they look nicer, to me a shaved woman just looks...childish and immature, not like mentally, but physically, its very strange.

i also like the feeling of being dirty, i've often gone for pretty long periods without washing, i think the longest was three weeks, can't remember why i started again, i think maybe i'd been to the gym or cycled home and was sweating profusely!

Also, despite being a pretty standard tomboy and enjoying my masculinity, I really dig periods. I hate tampons, used to use pads till I discovered mooncups which I love and rant about all the time and recommend to everyone (get one http://www.mooncup.co.uk/). I don't love the pain or the hassle but I'm totally into the blood. and who knew that keeping a menstrual calendar would be so exciting! honestly its brilliant, you get to see all these patterns and stuff. chart your cycle!

overidingly though, I think all of this is informed by my feminist view of society where women have been infantilised (shaving) and sanitised (cleaning) for men's consumption and to create a false idea of female beauty which women can use to beat themselves up with, and companies realised they could make money telling women they needed these products because their natural bodies were not what women looked like. loving your body the way nature intended is rebellion against this and i encourage all women to think about these things differently. its really just a matter of perception

Guest member25959

I guess I don't really have a problem with anyof those things, which is strange, because Gender specific clothes usually repulse me, especially Male clothes ><

• 2 weeks later...

Contrary to the posts of many here, your mother, while she might "really want your happiness", sounds like a totally inconsiderate b****. That is definitely my teenage rebelliousness speaking out, but I find myself in a slightly similar situation. I used to be absolutely REVOLTED by underwear, but then when stuff got bigger I realized that I had to wear a bra, it was a necessary evil. I've never been repulsed by menstruation, but that's cause blood is totally fine by me. What these things stand for, childbearing and procreation, however, still repulses me. I hope this isn't too TMI for you with your aversion, but this might be helpful, maybe: :blush:

I'm not really sure if I'm 100% aesexual, but I know I'm more than 1% aesexual. I haven't even mentioned my questioning of my gender and orientation to my parents, and probably won't for several more years. However, my mother 'really wants grandchildren" and "wants me to find a good, gentle man and be happy." Fah! Contrary to anything anyone else says, there's nothing at all wrong with your decisions.

I personally am not repulsed by underwear or menstruation now, but for me personally there are reasons to that:

1) Blood and biological systems do not repulse me, they fascinate me. I want to be a surgeon, so there's a good explanation for my lack of repulsion by menstruation.

2) Underwear (mainly bottom underwear, thongs and such) used to really disgust me, mainly because they're an orifice covering, but when I went through my super-femme phase I began wearing thongs, to try to make me feel more girly. Now, I am anything but super-femme, but continue to wear thongs, for a practical reason: I'm a runner, and one problem I have is shorts and underwear riding up and giving me a wedgy, so if you're wearing less underwear it's less painful.

This is a little personal here, hope u don't mind: Bras, however, do not disgust me at all. In fact, I never take mine off, except to shower and such. I also wear a heavily padded bra. I've finally figured out that I'm transgender and am considering a sex change later in life, and for me the WonderBras makes me feel like LESS of a girl, weird as that is. I don't think my chest should be squidgy and soft, so I pad it to make it feel hard, as I think it should. It also helps with running to stop the jiggle, cause I don't think I should jiggle either.

I don't know if that was helpful, but either way, what you wear or don't wear is entirely up to you, and it's not weird or anything else. For practical reasons, like running, I do favor underwear. But that's just me.

Isn't a thong just like one big wedgy? 0.o Hmmm running in a thong, but they're so uncomfortable.

What's gross is how much it cost for a good bra.

Ugghh I know. I like Victoria secrets and little Boutiques that sell nice lingerie because they have really nice fitting bras. Unfortunately, because it's so expensive I just go to Kmart and buy a lot of sports bras and just regular underwear.

At the age of 15, I also wasn't so keen about shopping for those types of things. I lucked out and my mom always went out a bought that stuff for me. I still try to get her to buy that stuff for me, but she refuses. I just find it awkward buying that stuff and going through the check out line having a little 16 year old boy ring up my underwear. <_<

TheMelbourneMethod

I actually love shopping for bras. They're pretty, comfortable (for me), and nobody sees them but me so I can buy any kind I want. I have a collection of neon-colored ones. A pink, a green, a yellow, a blue, and the next time I go shopping I'll probably get another. So, yeah, yay bras.

As for underwear, I'm neutral about it. I just wear it and that's all. Although, lately it's been hard to just find bags of it anymore, even at the local department stores. It's all one pair on a hanger, with lace and other crap. I just want those bags of six bikini-style, and I can't find them any more.

I would love to wear tampons, but I can't get them in. I don't know what it is.

Hmmm... So, yeah, I guess I'm OK with all that stuff, except for my period but that's another issue. I get ravingly suicidal during my period and I'm in no fit state to try to do anything about it, which may explain why I can't get tampons in. I don't really try; I just aim and jab. It doesn't work well.

• 10 months later...
Dark-ShadowXx
Stuff like bras, tampons, underwear/thongs, that sort of thing... This is mainly a question for girls, but does it gross you out, or freak you out, or anything?

Today I had to buy new bras, but I couldn't do it -- I had a meltdown after my mom made me try on 2, tumbling to the floor crying and shaking, just because I guess I couldn't stand the thought of bras and, I don't even know.

My mom made us leave and she talked to me the whole way home about how I wasn't acting normal and that I should be more proud to be a woman or whatever, and that I shouldn't be grossed out about talking about this sort of thing.

And she kept telling me that I had a problem, and that I just won't accept it, but I fail to see a problem. It's not like I have to talk about underwear all that often or go bra shopping very often.

It just frustrates me that she sees this as "the core of my problems," as she says, when I completely disagree.

Oh! And she says I can't call myself asexual because "I'm not okay with it," even though I am 100% okay with it. She says that I can't be asexual and be repulsed by sex and girl stuff because that makes it a problem.

I am curious to see if anyone is repulsed to things like bras and thongs, even a little. Because I mean, I do all the girl stuff, I just hate it. Am I crazy?

ETA: I DO wear bras and I wear underwear!! I really do! They just gross me out!

Well, I would say that having a 'melt down' because you have to try two bras on sounds like an issue to me, yeah. My friends' little boy did that every time he had to try clothes on in the store. She said it was rather embarrassing because they'd be in the fitting room and he'd be shouting 'Ow! Ow! Ouuuuuuch!" like she was beating the hell out of him. Anyway, maybe in a year or two you'll be able to go bra and underwear shopping without your mum and she'll be none the wiser. As for her saying that you can't be asexual, ask her how she knows that.

I know that this is kinda off topic, but it seems like your friend's son might have a sensory processing disorder...

However, this doesn't seem to be LuvDisc's problem. She (LuvDisc) might feel that she is pressured to grow up or mature too quickly(possibly). I know that I felt that way and I still do.

I can't wear bras - it's a bit complicated.

I'm a 30DD - a very odd size, that I find it's nearly impossibe to fid bras in - There's one company I can access that make 30DD bras - Freya - they have a white one and a black, one style - that's it, but there are 2 new problems with this:

1-this one off bra that is actually the correct size is underwired - too much pain, won't do it

2- my ribs. - I have a 30 measurement so therefore technically I should wear a 30 bra, but I have a condition in my ribs and sternum called costochondritis which is inflamation of the cartilage around the sternum and where the ribs join the sternum - it's agonising, like someone's trying to rip your ribcage open - wearing a ra that fits so tight hurts and worsens my costochondritis so much I can't do it - 5 mins in a 30 measurement bra and I'm howling in pain.

because I can't wear my acutal size of 30DD, in theory I could wear a 32D (increase the chest measurement size but 2 inches = decrease the cup size by 1 - that's what I'm told) but there are problems with this too - 32D is even harder for e to find than 30DD, plus the chances of it being underwired, because it's a "D" (which apparently is large) is quite high.

Even if I found a 32D than was not underwired I can pretty much guarantee it wouldn't fit me - my breasts are abnormally close together so when the edges of the cup curve up on the inner edges 99% of the time the cups are too far apart, so the edges of the bra, which should rest on the sternum, end up resting on breast tissue, and that's very uncomfortable (this is my other MAJOR problem with underwiring)

AND, I have strange tissue at the edges of my underarms - you know where your arm starts on the front side? it's for some reason a very muscular place in me - I have a lot of tissue there, and the edges of bras often cut into it - most women don't have this problem, but I do and that hurts like hell also

because of all this, I don't wear bras.

I praise the day and the inventor of girl boxers!

@ BabySquare: I'm with you on underwired bras. I'm sure they were initially invented as a torture device!

I'm not freaked out by it, but I really hate shopping for things like that. It's not that it's embarrassing it's just... I hate having to shop for such feminine items. I even hate the words and talking about them.

Well... I hate tampons, they hurt and also feel sort of icky, so I don't use them.

Bras don't gross me out but they're uncomfortable and make my breasts look bigger, so no thanks.

Thongs and strings are also very uncomfortable and I don't understand why people would use them! I actually often buy girls' underpants meant for kids, because adult models are just somehow impractical and uncomfortable, as they try to be sexy.

I can't wear bras - it's a bit complicated.

Even if I found a 32D than was not underwired I can pretty much guarantee it wouldn't fit me - my breasts are abnormally close together so when the edges of the cup curve up on the inner edges 99% of the time the cups are too far apart, so the edges of the bra, which should rest on the sternum, end up resting on breast tissue, and that's very uncomfortable (this is my other MAJOR problem with underwiring)

Oh my, once upon a time I used to wear bras (even if I never found ones that would fit well) and I always had this problem! Why, oh why do they place the cups so far away from each other?? Do most women really have a big gap between their breasts or is it some sort of an ideal? :blink:

AND, I have strange tissue at the edges of my underarms - you know where your arm starts on the front side? it's for some reason a very muscular place in me - I have a lot of tissue there, and the edges of bras often cut into it - most women don't have this problem, but I do and that hurts like hell also

Me too! :blink: Interesting to know I'm not the only one...

Rook Wallace

I'm 17 and I've felt that way since . . . forever. And I don't see myself getting over it. The only two times in my life I went bra shopping I just eye-sized some sport bras and went on. I use to wear granny panties all the time, but now I've discovered boy-brief underwear for girls. I don't even wear my sports bras much now that I have a binder.

I think it's really degrading how people put the frills and fruity sents on girl products. LACE HAS NO POINT. And I'd rather my girl parts smell like ick rather than flowers and ick. That's just . . . ickier.

Dresses, heals, ridiculous shoes with no point other than to look "cute", dangly earrings, and all the like. It all grosses me out. I find that everything designed JUST for women is degrading, pointless, and ugly.

And I hate boobs. Mine and everyone else's.

WhenSummersGone

Well I'm not grossed out by underwear, just thongs and other stuff aren't interesting to me. Actually I can't even understand why someone would even want to wear a thong, it's really uncomfortable and really hurts me. I'm just really picky with bras but I'm not grossed out by them. I hardly ever go shopping anyways even though I'm a girl and it seems not normal for me. My room is full of enough junk as it is lol. I'm really great at saving my money :P

As for tampons, ya I can't say I'm a fan but for me personally it's the best way to deal with my period so there's not much I can do about it. I still can't use the ones without an applicator, like OB or whatever it's called. It hurts way too much and the idea of having to do it all myself kinda freaks me out

• 2 weeks later...
Demacrux (emi star...)

I use the stuff but it gives me the creeps. Female stuff really genuinely makes me gag at times.

The Friendly Ace

I felt the same way about my period... before I started menstruating (at 11) I was really hoping that I could prevent its onset by the power of my mind. It didn't work. :mad:

LMAO OMFG I WAS NOT ALONE. :lol:

I held mine off till I was 13, tho. My Ninja Mind Skillz, let me show u them... :ph34r:

As for the rest of it, if I ever get the time (and a regular GP who doesn't suck), I'm going to see if I can get endo ablation. Twenty more years of this shit, versus being period-free forever after a 90-minute out-patient procedure, no ripping out of guts nor HRT required? I am so behind that, I will travel to the ends of the Earth if I have to, to find a Dr. who'll do it. (And I hate travel. But I probably will have to.)

In, re: bras: Sports bras all the way! They're way more comfortable, wick moisture better, and provide better support. But I have, errr (TMI) density issues that have given me no end of back troubles (and I'm not even that big!) so, the more support, the better, as far as I'm concerned. Lace and fabric blends (with the exception of a small percentage of lycra/spandex to hold its shape), are torture instruments designed by the mind of men. Depending on how much "bounce" you're having to deal with, your Mom may be pushing you to buy a bra because it's starting to be noticeable. Oh, and with a bra? No more chafing. (If it fits, that is.)

I developed early, even though I started late, and used to wear these huuuuuuuuuuuge sweaters to hide them (plus, they sagged enough, that it just looked like I had a pot belly), but I realized what a mistake I was making, after getting used to a bra, and realizing, "Hey! No more red lines and chafed skin! What was I thinking?!"

If you are thinking of ordering online, I recommend measuring carefully (as per the site's instructions, or look up "how to measure yourself for a bra" online, there are two reference points you have to measure, IIRC), and making sure they have a return policy, if the thing doesn't fit.

Gho St Ory Qwan

Underwear isn't just a girly thing, guys wear pants, boxers and thongs. Don't forget vests if they dress like a gentleman haha

I dont mind bras but I normally end up crying when buying them but that's a completely different issue. Can happen with clothes shopping really too, but most clothes are not supposed to support so its a bit easier to get clothes for dudes or much larger women and be ok with it.

I don't like tampons but that's because I hysterically cried once trying to used the damned contraption. And had to swear from that day on that nappy-like sanitary towels would be my part-time companions for the next 2-4 decades...

I hate a lot of things to do with penetration of any kind really. I think this only just barely relates to your issue but some of the 'symptoms' are the same aha

No you're not insane.

But I understand your mother's viewpoint that it is a problem if you seemm unhappy. She might not be realising that you are unhappy with some aspects you cant escape and are uncomfortable by, not the fact that you are asexual. But her reasoning isn't too bad. It's just lack of understanding your particular situation. I'm sure you could clarify it in time. She might not understand fully though, as its a foreign concept to many but its worth a try I suppose.

:cake: You have our understanding and support.

Gho St Ory Qwan

"Anyone have a tampon? My vagina's bleeding."

Wow

I really don't know girls... >.<

i don't feel grossed out. i've gotten used to it. though i don't wear a bra when i don't need to. i think more women should go bra-less. i do feel kinda weird when buying girly stuff though.

WünderBâhr

I don't get grossed out as much now that I'm older, but it sure annoys the mess out of me! I feel so much better when I'm bra-less, and would prefer to be that way whilst in the comfort of my own home. I think I would be a tad bit paranoid about something snagging my "nibblies" if they weren't safely tucked away behind form-fitting fabric while I'm out and about. Plus, people shouldn't have to deal with my girls flouncing about with nipples erect whenever there's a chilled breeze. Ehhh.... It seems...unseemly.

I do get extremely uncomfortable having to shop for things like this when there are a lot of people around, but that has more to do with social anxieties than anything else. It just feels weird having to parade around that, yes, I'm about to be visited by Aunt Flo and I went shopping for supplies. Which...is odd, considering that I have no problems going through the checkout line holding the same items. I've worked retail, so i know that register clerks don't really care what you have in your basket to buy. Most of the time, they're just looking for the barcode.

I think the emphasis girls are supposed to have on buying for and maintaining our girlishness is a bit nuts. I don't identify as a girly-girl, so why the hell do I need to be lacy or flower-scented or wear high heels to show that i'm female? What is so wrong with me wanting to buy carpenter jeans and boxers? They're comfortable!

Bras don't bother me unless the fabric is too thin and it's see-through. For underwear, I hate thongs (mostly because it feels like a constant wedgie), and I also hate granny panties. String bikini style is the most comfortable for me cuz it covers my butt but doesn't come out the top of my jeans. I used to not be able to wear tampons, especially the ones without an applicator, but I've become used to them now.

Oh, and did you know they have girls underwear that looks like boxers? I remember first seeing them in high school and thinking "YES! Finally some underwear I want to wear!"

They do? I must get them! Where can I find them?

@ BabySquare: I'm with you on underwired bras. I'm sure they were initially invented as a torture device!

Agreed. I still have scars from wearing them.

This reminds me of a "new commandment" on a parody Twitter set up as Jesus...

"Thou shalt not trust any creature that bleeds for five days and still lives." :lol:

It's a good point when you think about it. I hate my cycle. I'd get rid of the whole friggin' system if I didn't very vaguely entertain the idea of my own genetically linked kids one day.

As for breasts... DO NOT WANT. I wear sports bras all the time just to flatten them out. I've heard binding is a wee bit uncomfortable so not sure about going there.