Who's a Virgo?

reflections-of-my-soul

4 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Virgo asexual?

• Yes, female.
    • Yes, male.
    • No, female.
    • No, male

I've never had a personal chart done, so my skepticism about astrology is based mostly on crappy newspaper / magazine pieces. Until proven otherwise, I don't see that changing and I'll be agreeing with Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory

Leonard: So tell us about yourself

Penny: I'm a Sagittarius, which probably tells you way more than you need to know.

Sheldon: Yes, it tells us that you participate in the mass cultural delusion that the sun's apparent position relative to arbitrarily defined constellations at the time of your birth somehow affects your personality.

*ducks before cait throws me with a very heavy copy of Astrology, A Cosmic Science, by Isabel M. Hickey*

kikiki

I know, I'm with you Anti-stud. I am very critical myself ;) Not to worry.

It's just that I love astrology. But believe you me, I don't really tell people that flat out in person. It sounds like I buy into horoscopes and crap. Which I so don't.

Eastern or Hindu astrology is the original basis of Western astrology. It takes in to account the ayanasma which put the planets where they actually are in the constellations in the sky, about 23 degrees behind the Western system. The Western system is based on the seasons and movement of the Sun. I resonate more with Hindu astrology. In that system I'm a Virgo. I feel overall it is more accurate. This is one of the main reasons Westerners are against astrology: the Western system is crap. I did not feel this way though until I'd studied Western astrology for about 15 years.

http://www.galacticcenter.org/

The Hindus actually have an explanation for gays and asexuals. They call us "third sex". Google it. A lot of neat stuff comes up. As a Mercurial Virgo I most definitely qualify as 3rd sex. (Mercury is a determining factor) I wish I didn't have the Scorpio planets or ASC. It is such a source of angst.

So some of you kids are the Pluto in Western Scorpio kids. Ooooh, neat. I have Pluto in the 10th too. What are you doing for work and how is your dad?? Now that you've told me this I am not sure you are really asexual. Hmmmmmm. I guess you could be. Pluto in Scorpio, the 80s. What a decade!!!

I have 5 planets conjoined in my eastern chart in the sign of Virgo and also a Virgo south node in my western chart. In my eastern chart Scorpio rises and I have planets in that sign in both charts also. Have tried to figure it out for years. That Scorpio is an asexual sign is one of the best kept secrets in astrology. ;)

Intriguing! But whatever are you talking about? Eastern/Western charts?

Well, personally my sign is a GEMICORN! MUWAHAHAHA. Introducing the amazing insanity of the gemicorn! be afraid, be very afraid. And my plutonian energy is actually quite overwhelming sitting in my tenth house in the sign of scorpio. I forget why exactly, but I figured it out to being the most powerful planet in my chart. Scorpion energy is all about DEATH DESTRUCTION REBIRTH or some such thing. Well, I like it anyway.

Matter of fact, I have nothing in Virgo at all. No planets, no houses, nothing!

So some of you kids are the Pluto in Western Scorpio kids. Ooooh, neat. I have Pluto in the 10th too. What are you doing for work and how is your dad?? Now that you've told me this I am not sure you are really asexual. Hmmmmmm. I guess you could be. Pluto in Scorpio, the 80s. What a decade!!!

I know hey! I think there are a lot of us Pluto in Scorpio kids around here. Anyone born between 1984 and 1996. I'd imagine it's a difficult generation to be asexual in! :lol:

Right now I work in a clothing store. I was doing hair dressing for a very short bit, actually I still do hair, just at home. It seems to me that I am attracted to working in public service, as well as working around the fashion/beauty industry. Which is funny, because I'm quite an introvert. For some reason I have gravitated toward working with only women, for only women, and wouldn't feel comfortable working around men (even though I love chillin' with guys!). I'll bet that's indicated somewhere else in my chart. Anyway, I'm going back to school because I love literature/writing/editing/words in general! All that good stuff. Might be my mercury in my gemini or some such thing.

My dad? He's fine. Very healthy, kind of a health nut, pretty spiritual. Kind of a hermit.

I definitely consider myself a "grey-a" more so than asexual. I don't feel any rush on trying to figure it all out right now. I'm sure it will come in time. I think I have a lot of scorpio energy because people are really strongly attracted to me. But I don't feel it in the reverse. I think I see people on a lot more of a spiritual level, and I have a lot of gemini energy which makes me more mental than anything. I also have a lot going on in Capricorn (my rising) and a lot going on in my 12th house, which I think accounts for a lot of my tendency to stay away from people on a personal level.

What are you doing for work, and what does pluto in the 10th have to do with your dad? Hehe. I'm curious.

Oh, and I'll add, in spite of my reluctance to really take Hickey all that seriously, I find her theory on the higher aspect of pluto, minerva, pretty interesting! I wonder if anyone else has stuff to say on that theory. I kind of want to base my next tattoo around it. :redface:

I'm not doing anything with my Pluto in house of career. I'm failing for spite!! No really I haven't been able to get my Pluto to work that well for me.... other than astrology (I have Uranus, planet of astrology, in the 10th too) I don't really have a good outlet for the Plutonian energy. In the last several years it has mostly manifested as deep conflicts with authority figures in the workplace having to with, you guessed it, my sexuality!! People just won't leave me alone about it.

My dad is self employed in the oil business and a very harsh critic (very Virgoan) of me in general. You might say I hate (Pluto) him.

I really ought to become a professional astrologer but again its all the criticism. Your generation, the Indigo kids, seems very open to it. My generation was and is very closed minded.

What are you doing for work, and what does pluto in the 10th have to do with your dad? Hehe. I'm curious.

Oh, and I'll add, in spite of my reluctance to really take Hickey all that seriously, I find her theory on the higher aspect of pluto, minerva, pretty interesting! I wonder if anyone else has stuff to say on that theory. I kind of want to base my next tattoo around it. :redface:

Nico-Nico Friendo

Another Virgo here. I don't believe in astrology, but let's see what Wikipedia says about the characteristics of Virgos:

Characteristics of Virgo

Astrologers broadly agree that the following are the characteristics of Virgo: [2] The Virgo person is dedicated, devoted, nurturing, quiet, uninhibited, sacrificial, considerate, proud, shrewd, critically inclined, judicious, patient, objective, logical, meticulous, reliable, practical, diligent, intelligent and analytical, industrious, loyal, efficient, thorough, methodical, exacting, precise, detail-oriented, shy, observant, critical, work- and service-oriented, painstaking, pragmatic, modest, discreet, health- and cleanliness-conscious, mentally active, and flexible, romantic.

The Virgo is prone to being overly-proud, fussy, nervous, pedantic, petty, self-conscious, harsh, paranoid, scared of being sick, aloof, calculating, hard edged, overly critical, judgmental, pretentious, snobby, timid, compulsive, folds under pressure, perfectionistic, stubborn, conservative, and overly romantic.

Suitable occupations are those in which analytical and practical, methodical qualities are needed, such as doctor, teacher, psychologist, nurse, hygienist, scientist, accountant, secretary, and inspector. In medical astrology, Virgo governs the intestines and digestion, also spleen and nervous system.

Likes- Health foods, lists, hygiene, order, wholesomeness, cleanliness, penny-pinching, details, peace

Dislikes- Hazards to health, sloppiness, and narrow-minded people, squalor, being uncertain, uncleanliness, confusion

Let me see which ones apply to me:

In the first set of traits (the first paragraph), I would have to exclude 'romantic' unless it means 'idealist' (which I can be sometimes) but not in the love-relationship definition. And I should work harder than I do, I think. I'm not always patient, either. Other than that, it kind of sounds like me.

In the second set of traits (the more negative), I would discard 'overly romantic' and 'snobby'. At least, I hope I don't come off as being snobby.

In the occupational paragraph I am working towards a science degree. :)

My likes ARE what are described . . . except for 'penny-pinching' . . . that sounds so negative. But it's true I like to save my money rather than spend it on a bunch of stuff I don't really need.

My dislikes are also the same as what was written for Virgo.

Actually, I'm in what is called the Virgo/Libra 'cusp'. So the triats I found for that on Wikipedia are:

Virgo/Libra Cusp

The Virgo/Libran is thought to be excellent arbitrators, industrious, modest, efficient, go-getter, charming, see all sides of a situation, introvert, practical, logical, rational, attractive, hard-working, ambitious, intellectual, even-tempered, cooperative, communicator, perfectionist, diplomatic, polite, mannerful, clean, open-minded, fair, playful, romantic, and devoted. The Virgo/Libran is prone to aloofness, unfair, quarrlesome, insecure, self-doubt, hydroniac (hypochondriac?), fickle, and indecisive

Whoever wrote this had some grammar and spelling problems. But as far as I can figure out what has been written, it seems very similar to my personality (except, again, the romantic part).

Nalle Neversure

This aquarious feels very lost in this thread now :lol:

What's happened since I last checked? Back then this was only a list of signs...

EeptheSheep
Nope. I'm a male and a Cancer. I'm a major believer/practicioner of astrology. The "real" stuff, not that newspaper crap.

Oh, I like you already!

I would very much like to study astrology. Well, it is as anything in my life worth learning, a very long drawn out process. But would you recommend any good books? I only own one. It is Astrology, A Cosmic Science, by Isabel M. Hickey. She's got some interesting points, and there are some useful lists and things, but she was rather disorganized and slightly over the top in some opinions in there. Can astrologers be writers? I want to learn things!

There are dozens of books on astrology out there, just go to your local library/bookstore. I'd try to avoid books that are about Sun Sign Astrology (aka newspaper astrology) because they're never at all informative/helpful, at least IMO.

I've mostly read articles on the internet. I learned how to construct a natal (birth) chart from my dictionary (so random, no?) and I picked up a few tidbits from a book called "The Bowl of Heaven" which is the autobio of Evangeline Adams. She was John Adam's (the president) great-great-great-granddaughter or something. She was the most famous astrologer of her time (early 20th C) and reportedly did over 100,000 readings in her lifetime. Her book is full of some cool factoids and fun stories about her work, definitely worth a look at.

There's also a book called Astrosynthesis. It is a pretty detailed look at astrology, but it was written before Uranus and the other modern planets were discovered, so its usefulness is limited.

That's really all I can recommend you do, as that's more or less the extent of my own studies. lol. But with just that I've done almost 40 readings now over the past year and a half, and I have always been told that I was spot on with everything I've said. And most of the people I've read for did not believe in astrology, so I think their reactions were pretty valid...lol. :rolleyes:

Time to get back to the topic...

I'm not doing anything with my Pluto in house of career. I'm failing for spite!! No really I haven't been able to get my Pluto to work that well for me.... other than astrology (I have Uranus, planet of astrology, in the 10th too) I don't really have a good outlet for the Plutonian energy. In the last several years it has mostly manifested as deep conflicts with authority figures in the workplace having to with, you guessed it, my sexuality!! People just won't leave me alone about it.

Aww. But what are Pluto careers to have?

My dad is self employed in the oil business and a very harsh critic (very Virgoan) of me in general. You might say I hate (Pluto) him.

Hmm. My dad is also self employed. He is extremely critical (my entire family is, they drive me crazy, I want to choke them all with my long forgotten umbilical chord). My dad has never shown any affection to us at all, only criticisms. He's smart though. He just has noooo clue how to interact! I know that I didn't like him when I was a baby and wouldn't let him hold me. My twin sister always liked him though. They share more genetic factors than I do (we are fraternal).

Your generation, the Indigo kids, seems very open to it. My generation was and is very closed minded.

Hmm, I don't see it that way at all. Nobody around me believes in that stuff, and if they do it's just sun sign "astrology". But then again, I was born in '86 and I'm the youngest in my family, so don't have any younger siblings to observe. I don't really know a lot of teenagers at all. So I am totally unfamiliar with this "indigo children" generation, I feel like that is more attached to this second baby boom or whatever. I feel my generation is actually stuck in a void between generation X and Y. I can't seem to fit my peers into either category at all. Honestly, to me generation X and Y are very distinctive, and I feel like there is about a five year gap of people who are just indistinct. Like, we are utterly boring. No offense to anyone of course, but that's how I feel about my peers! Oh dear. I would say people from about 84-89 fall in this category I just now made up in my own head. Anyway, they have no interest in the new agey indigoey nonsense ;)

You should definitely be an astrologer. While you're at it, could you please find a way to put astrology and other such skills into the school systems? God, I would love university if I could learn about the stuff I like. *siiigh* I would love to learn how to draw up charts and the like. But it would be sooo nice to have courses on it through schools!

There are dozens of books on astrology out there, just go to your local library/bookstore. I'd try to avoid books that are about Sun Sign Astrology (aka newspaper astrology) because they're never at all informative/helpful, at least IMO.

I've mostly read articles on the internet. I learned how to construct a natal (birth) chart from my dictionary (so random, no?) and I picked up a few tidbits from a book called "The Bowl of Heaven" which is the autobio of Evangeline Adams. She was John Adam's (the president) great-great-great-granddaughter or something. She was the most famous astrologer of her time (early 20th C) and reportedly did over 100,000 readings in her lifetime. Her book is full of some cool factoids and fun stories about her work, definitely worth a look at.

There's also a book called Astrosynthesis. It is a pretty detailed look at astrology, but it was written before Uranus and the other modern planets were discovered, so its usefulness is limited.

That's really all I can recommend you do, as that's more or less the extent of my own studies. lol. But with just that I've done almost 40 readings now over the past year and a half, and I have always been told that I was spot on with everything I've said. And most of the people I've read for did not believe in astrology, so I think their reactions were pretty valid...lol. :rolleyes:

Time to get back to the topic...

Impressive!

It's possible I only have really limited bookstores/libraries here. All I find are really crappily written new age blah blah blah sun sign astrology and how to make you lover swoon and your boss give you tons of respect and money. Blah. And then every once in a while there's crazy complicated stuff I'm not ready for that I find. It's really difficult to find the stuff at my stage I think. Being a novice and all.

I'm really sorry guys! I will be quiet. Please continue normal conversation!

Umm. Yay Virgos!

Okayyyy, I won't refer to the 80s kids as Indigos again but you must know your generation is different. And still I do think the 80s kids seem to know more about astrology than my generation did, heck, you are the ones who started the thread. Glad you are doing well with Pluto in your 10th. I haven't and I don't have any excuses, other than it *is* considered to be a rough planet in the house of career. Gee, I could be in EMT field, investigative work, or prostitution, if I wasn't in to the occult. Hair dressing and art would not be the first careers that would come to mind for a Pluto in 10th. Who knows, your chart could be set up well for that.

Astrology is so helpful but Western culture has never been open minded enough to include it. Possibly because of factors I mentioned earlier, the east versus west issue which most people wouldn't even be able to understand. My parents might have had the sense to take me out of school if they'd known any better.....

http://www.magisociety.com

Website has a lot of interesting info about astrology of sex. There are actually aspects which predict how sexual a person is. It's pretty fascinating.

There isn't a lot on the site about the astrology of asexuality, but the lack of aspects can be a start.

*Raises hand* This is me! Rock on, fellow 80's Scorpios!

According to my astrology book, here's my birth chart:

Rising sign: Scorpio

Sun sign: Scorpio

Moon sign: Scorpio

Mercury sign: Scorpio

Venus sign: Libra

Mars sign: Aries

Jupiter sign: Gemini

Saturn sign: Sagittarius

Uranus sign: Sagittarius

Neptune sign: Capricorn

Pluto sign: Scorpio

Ironic how many Scorpios I have, no? Since I have sun sign plus rising/moon sign, I'm a double Scorpio, which means the 'intensity' of the aspects of the sign are doubled. And I'm asexual. Whoops.

Ironic how many Scorpios I have, no? Since I have sun sign plus rising/moon sign, I'm a double Scorpio, which means the 'intensity' of the aspects of the sign are doubled. And I'm asexual. Whoops.

Looks like somebody forgot to wind up the universe that day.
EeptheSheep

Scorpios are also really good at noticing patterns, solving mysteries, being secretive, emotiona, psychic, etc - there's more to being a Scorpio than just being a slut! lol. Anyway, your Venus is in Libra, which is the practical sign, meaning that you have a logical approach to love and your Mars (Passions) is in Aries, which is the opposite sign to Libra, meaning your passion and romantic side are not in sync (i.e. there's nothing sexual going on). It can probably mean any number of other things, but that's one conclusion/explanation that can be reached.

Or maybe you are just so sexual you're asexual. *shifty eyes*. That can totally make sense!!! Don't look at me like that! I'm new!

Now that you've told me this I am not sure you are really asexual.

So I've decided that my A-ness might actually have a lot to do with Capricorn in my chart. I have three planets there, not to mention it is on my ascendant. I've got Neptune, the moon, and Mars there. I read that with Mars in Cap:

"Sexual relationships are not a priority - you can at times feel inhibited and clumsy in this department. However, if married, sex is elevated to the status of 'duty to perform . Lovemaking in usually conventional, controlled and unimaginative, but you do have your moments of transcendence."

Which makes me pray to god I NEVER get married, if this is the case. Of all the duties I am totally willing to take on in life, sex as a duty is not one of them! UGH.

Which leads me to wonder, how many of us have our Mars in Capricorn?

My Mars is bad too, it's in Virgo in both charts. I have a lot of planets in that sign. The Virgo thing has held me back big time. I don't know why it's a bad sign sexually and maybe it's time to find out. A Virgo Sun sign isn't a big factor sexually though, I hate to contradict the thread. Sexuality is actually more determined by ASPECTS to Mars and Venus much more than what signs they are placed in. According the Magi Society, the planet JUNO is the most sexual planet and when combined with Mars, Venus or Pluto is a sign of super sexuality. The planet Saturn combined with any sexual planet could be a downer or restrictive on sex.

Example of using ASPECTS (rather than planets in signs) to determine how sexual a person is--

Eliot Spitzer who was in the news this week for spending $80,000 on prositutes has a TON of sexual aspects:

Mars conjunct Venus

Mars parallel Venus

Mars and Venus in tight square to Neptune, planet of addiction

Mars conjunct Pluto in helio chart

Venus conjunct Juno in helio

Juno trine Chiron in helio, adds to sexual charisma but is not a sexual aspect

Venus trine Chiron in helio, a good marriage aspect. Hello, Spitzer is married!!

That is no less than 4 super sexual aspects. That is a LOT for one chart!! His wife has a super sexual aspect too, Venus parallel Pluto. So she has one aspect and he has 4. She is probably pretty sexual but possibly not as much so as he is.

A total lack of the type of aspects I've been describing could be considered a factor, along with other things, in having little or no interest in sex. But the Sun in Virgo would not be at the top of my list. Charlie Sheen is a Western Virgo, and back in the day he was also in to prostitutes big time.

http://www.magisociety.com

Some fascinating stuff on that website about astrology of sex.

I'm virgo!

But then, so are several of my friends, and they're very much not asexual.

• 2 weeks later...
reflections-of-my-soul

anti-stud,

I thought you meant the Tropic of Capricorn. The other one didn't make sense.

Wow, that city looks quite cool and pretty. I love lavender! What are those

flowers/trees? Wisteria or something similar? I wish I could be there in

September! You're lucky. Well, I know somebody who was born pretty

much in the smack middle of the Tropic of Cancer. Whatever that

means.

hpets,

Lovely image.

lunamoth,

The virgo-libra cusp personality definition fits me to a T.

Isn't that something? I am ALL those things! (And I thought

I didn't fit boxes.) Okay, I read the rest and the Virgo traits also describe

me accurately/100%. Isn't that something? So I am not the only "crazy"

Virgo person out there? Thank God. (I can't help being a health freak and

I can't stand slobs! They drive me nuts. And everybody I know thinks

I should be a doctor. Some people even have thought that I was!)

• 3 weeks later...
I'm a Taurus, which I loathe. According to me, it's the most boring and uninteresting astrological sign of all. I don't even fit in the description of it. It really annoys me.

I don't believe in astrology anyway. Horoscopes are a fraud.

I am a Taurus myself, though I match about 90% of any description I read. I am thus inclined to think they are not a fraud. Furthermore, I find most sign descriptions match the personalities of people I know with that sign. I don't get anything out of the daily horoscopes though.

I'm a virgo. I don't really care much about astrology but I still hate being a virgo :D

When I was in elementary school there was a big craze with everyone wearing necklaces with their star sign. Everyone in my class got these cool scorpions and lions and archers but mine was like a naked woman, super lame. So I never got one.

oh, i'm a virgo. in some ways i llike being a virgo but as I have gotten older and experianced mid-life crisises in various parts of my life, the trait of being anonymous has put me in unwanted stages. I am a people person but making friends due to the trait anonymous is a total bore to myself. trying to break this. I am fun but some how I end up in the corner as if I were a crow watching over the crowed. It is no wonder I am asexual. can't meet people if you don't make yourself show. Virgos have great qualities. We like fun.

I am a virgo. I read that virgo and geminis do not go together. I disagree. books say that both genini and virgos enjoy deep thikning and extrapulating thoughts. Most of my enjoyable moments havd been with gemini people.

I'm a Libra... Scorpio Rising...

Silly inanimate sign, if you ask me.

Though I fit a lot of the 'traits', such as it is...

A virgo lady here, although close to the end of it, so I suppose I must be on the cusp of Virgo and whatever comes after it....?

A little help here people, I don't know about any of this stuff!

I've always liked being a virgo, but then again I don't mind being a virgin, and all my friends joke that it suits me.

Wings of a Dream

*waves* I'm a virgo :D I don't know much about Astrology but being born right in the middle of September, I don't think I have any leanings towards the other signs.

I'm not a virgo, but this kinda interested me so i looked up my sign (taurus) and it went on and on about how sexual and pleasure seeking taurus's are...........WRONG!!

it was totally right about the food though lol

Archived