flirting as a platonic joke

princesakaguya

I'm very confident in my asexuality to the point where allosexuality is funny to me, so I'm very open to holding hands/kissing my friends/teasing about sexual things around them without feeling awkward. For example, we have a running joke about being in a harem. It was only when someone recently reacted in surprise to a joke I made about libido that I stopped and wondered if other people do this a lot. Do any of you guys say super allosexual things because it's goofy to you, or are you more likely to avoid making sexual jokes?

• Like 1
asexualien

I avoid them because I’m not compelled to and don’t really find them funny. I’m sure there’s other aces that do joke that way because aces can make sexual jokes. It’s not just an allosexual thing. Maybe I misunderstood something. Sorry if I did. 

• Like 1
FitzyFitz

I have a terribly dirty sense of humour despite my very definite aceness! Not so much for flirty jokes myself, but that sort of thing can really be down to individual friendship group dynamics

• Like 3
bare_trees

I have an online friend I do this with because we're both ace so we're on the same wavelength and get that it's just for fun.

• Like 2
uhtred

That sort of casual flirting can be fun, but you need to be able to read people very well to pull it off.   You want it to be fun, not look like you are expressing a real interest in them (if you don't have such an interest) and to avoid offending them. 

If you are able to read people, then its all good fun

• Like 3
Monke Jimmy
Posted (edited)

Yes. I say those kinds of things in our Hot Gurl Harem that's been going on for a year and a half lol. It's very ironic for me, a pretty strict ace who doesn't swear, to make the nastiest implications and metaphors possible. And the gray-aces always respond lol. 

Edit: oh yeah, be VERY clear with people that you are joking and would never do those things. We use tone tags all the time (/j, /s). 

Edited by Monke Jimmy
  • Like 2
Snao Cone

I've never made sex jokes in my life. Any screenshots @Ceebs shows you are fabricated. (okay, so that's not true)

Flirting...I can flirt and sometimes it's fun, but I am worried someone's going to take it at face value and I really don't want that. It would have to be a specific kind of flirting anyway, something that isn't very romantic or corny or low-brow.

• Like 1
Versai
4 hours ago, bare_trees said:

I have an online friend I do this with because we're both ace so we're on the same wavelength and get that it's just for fun.

The world needs more of this lol. 

• Like 1
Frendo

I dont do that with my friends(besides aggressively complementing them but thats just my personality) but I see that done often a lot with even non ace people who are straight with the same sex(usually girls doing friend kisses or whatever)

• Like 1
Destranix

Not sure. Maybe I'm doing that sometimes.

I find it funny to insist that I would not have problems finding a sex partner. Even though I never tried.