No clue if im aroace but im willing to find out

Vulminous

Hey, my names vulm, short for vulminous. Im 19, and just got out of a year long romantic relationship.

You might be asking "well you said it was romantic so how could you be aro"

or not bc yall seem to be pretty understanding

anyways

I made an account bc i was looking back at the relationship and, even though there was definitely a sexual attraction to her, im not sure if i felt any romantic feelings?

Some important bg: Im high functioning audhd and havent been in many relationships before this one. I definitely tend to get crushes on people and tend to feel an emotional attatchment but to me it feels more like what ive seen described as a platonic attraction i think? I have a hard time distinguishing between platonic and romantic attraction, which is a large part of why im questioning if i might be aro in the first place

Uhhhhh besides that im a long time geometry dash player (current special interest) and i dont really have much more else to say. looking forward to learning more about the aroace community and where i might fit in

• Like 2
Pack rat

Hello and welcome to AVEN.8)🍰

• Like 1
Bex A.

Hi and welcome! 🍰

Discovering your asexuality and learning whether or not you're aromantic is a journey! I hope you find what you're looking for on here, best of luck.

• Like 1
Vulminous
1 hour ago, Agent Pack-rat said:

Hello and welcome to AVEN.8)🍰

Thank you! do you know any forum threads for asking about aromanticism specifically? i see one about asexuality but i didnt know if that was for specifically ppl who are ace or for the aroace spectrum in general

Snao Cone

Hello, and welcome! :cake: I think most of us here do certainly understand how someone can end up being in a relationship that doesn't fit their orientation, as many of us have learned the hard way that we don't want those things.

There is a forum for discussions on A/Romantic identities here: https://www.asexuality.org/en/forum/90-romantic-and-aromantic-orientations/

chronicallypessimistic

Welcome to AVEN, Vulm! 🍰

welcome!

Pack rat
8 hours ago, Vulminous said:

Thank you! do you know any forum threads for asking about aromanticism specifically? i see one about asexuality but i didnt know if that was for specifically ppl who are ace or for the aroace spectrum in general

8 hours ago, Snao Cone said:

Hello, and welcome! :cake: I think most of us here do certainly understand how someone can end up being in a relationship that doesn't fit their orientation, as many of us have learned the hard way that we don't want those things.

There is a forum for discussions on A/Romantic identities here: https://www.asexuality.org/en/forum/90-romantic-and-aromantic-orientations/

What Snao cone said.

Don’t worry too much about making a new thread in the wrong place, the mods are really nice and will move it for you.:)

• Like 1
LeChat

@Vulminous (Below is an official, green, mod message.)

Hi. Welcome!

I'm just letting you know your thread was moved from the Welcome Lounge to the "Romantic and Aromantic Orientations" forum.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

• Like 1