A new job can’t come fast enough

asexualien

I’m tired. I’m noticing a pattern at my job. Certain people just want to do one thing and one thing only, but everyone else does multiple things. I get it if you prefer one thing over another, but you still have to do other things when needed. If there’s nothing going on in the furniture department then you should be at least stocking. You just can’t be there and do nothing. There’s this person that constantly says how stocking isn’t their job when it technically is. I’ll be the only one stocking, and it pisses me off ngl.

Apparently, we have a time limit in which the freight needs to be put out, and it’s 48 hours. That can’t be done if I’m the only one putting stuff up most of the time. There’s another stocker, but they get put on the registers some days. There’s a cashier that WANTS to stock, but they won’t allow them for some reason. I was having better days at my job when my original group of coworkers were there. Things went downhill last December. These new people are getting on my nerves with the exception of one. 

Another person was hired and came to work like 3 times, and I haven’t seen them since. If you don’t want the job anymore then tell them that. I couldn’t be the kind of person to just stop going to work. That looks bad in my opinion. You don’t even have to physically show up. A phone call would be enough. 

Getting a job is hard for a lot of people right now, so I pretty much have no choice but to stay where I’m at even though I’m kind of miserable. I wish I could put my degree to use, but none of the options seem like anything I would enjoy. I wish I didn’t choose to be a psych major 😂 I regret it so bad, but it’s one of those subjects that I understand and doesn’t cause me stress. 

WhereTheSkiesEnd

I used to work retail, I understand the pain. But don't give up applying to other jobs! Something will come through eventually.

• Like 1
Squirrel Combat

Best of wishes in finding a more fulfilling job! It's a strong market, but not every job out there is for everyone! 😎

• Like 1

Just sharing some good vibes; both of my best friends have gotten new jobs within the last couple of months after lengthy searches. I know job hunting sucks so much, but keep at it! You can do it!

• Like 1