The Fellowship of the Ace

Charliezard

Dear all,

Thank you in advance for the welcome to this amazing forum and community, because I know in advance it's going to be a warm one. Although I have had the suspicion for years that I was some kind of demi/gray/ace, but thoroughly rejected the thought, I have now finally accepted it. The more I get to know about it, the more reading I do, and the more of your stories I see, the more my heart fills itself with warmth and acceptance. Although it does feel like coming home, like I'm not broken or an alien to this world, which I have felt many times like I was, there is also a little bit of sadness paired with these happy feelings. The self-acceptance feels fantastic, I feel way more whole on so many levels and as if I'm finally doing myself justice. But it also means more alienation, because now I KNOW, I can't go back, I can't hide it anymore for myself and just go through these situations and wait for them to end. However, as I do take pride in authenticity, we are all who we are, and we can't change that. And I don't WANT to change that! I struggled intensely in former relationships or other romantic situations with the intercourse part, because I felt no attraction to it whatsoever, but knowing other people do. But being here changes that, I feel that I can be confident in not wanting to do it in the future, and this gives me peace of mind like no Buddha ever had. 

However, I have to say, it will be an ongoing exploration for me, as there are still some aspects I'll have to fully understand within myself. I hope you can help me with them, and I hope I can help you with your queries, helping each other out and living as one as the world should be. If you feel like you want to participate in my journey, I have posted more of my story and the questions it raises in this thread:

I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

With love,

Charlie

He/Him/His, Dutch native, 30 years old, sensually and aesthetically attracted to women. Loves music, art, nature, and people (when they are kind, gentle, and caring, as I try to be at all times).

• Like 5
Typhoon

Welcome to AVEN!

• Like 1
WhiteCatandcherries

Welcome to aven Charlie! :cake::cake::cake: I hope you have a good time here and learn more about yourself and the community (: 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Glastonbury Gal

Welcome to the club  :)

A lot of what you wrote is very relatable...

Thanks for sharing. 

victorian221b

Hello! I can relate to some of your experiences. The one thing I wish I had was knowing about this sooner. I’m still learning as well!

chronicallypessimistic

Welcome to AVEN! We're happy that you're able to relate to other avenites' experiences and feel a sense of belonging here! :)